Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 856,697 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

IT Follows

Not as good as i thought it would be but creepy none the less. Some fantastic sequences and the dread does build

KillCrites

KillCrites

Carnosaur and House of 1000 Corpses. I enjoyed both greatly.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 07, 2017, 12:38:42 PM
IT Follows

Not as good as i thought it would be but creepy none the less. Some fantastic sequences and the dread does build

I got quite a kick out of this film. Way better than I expected and it paid homage to a lot of 80s films (Halloween in particular and that score is pure Carpenter).

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Prez on Feb 08, 2017, 03:04:36 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 07, 2017, 12:38:42 PM
IT Follows

I got quite a kick out of this film. Way better than I expected and it paid homage to a lot of 80s films (Halloween in particular and that score is pure Carpenter).

Oh i totally agree. I think it had just been built up too much for me by other people. If Id gone in hearing nothing about it, i probably would have got what i wanted from it

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Punisher: War Zone

AKA, holy f**k, Colin Salmon is actually given something to do besides stand around and get cubed!

Not as bad as I remembered, but still not very good. Stevenson, Knight, and Colin Salmon are all very good, and the action is pretty great when it's there. The villains are f**k awful, though, and a waste of Dominic West and Doug Hutchison. The tone is way too schizophrenic, veering between attempts at serious drama and overdone cartoon absurdity. And the fact that Lexi Alexander used the Virginia Tech massacre as an excuse for her poor decision making is downright reprehensible.

Star Trek Beyond

Really enjoyed this. Also, I did not see that reveal coming.  :o

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Hero and The Terror

A classic Chuck Norris movie. Not as actiony as some of his others, but still a great film. Couldnt help but laugh at a few bits though. It even had an appearance by Murphy Dunne, The Keyboardist from The Blues Brothers lol

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Event Horizon

The first act is a tad clunky, and the missing gore/Hell footage really should have been included, but it's still a pretty well done, effective sci-fi horror. Where the f**k has this Anderson been the last twenty years?

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 10, 2017, 07:13:54 PM
Event Horizon

The first act is a tad clunky, and the missing gore/Hell footage really should have been included, but it's still a pretty well done, effective sci-fi horror. Where the f**k has this Anderson been the last twenty years?

Getting Films for his Missus to star in lol

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 10, 2017, 09:38:34 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 10, 2017, 07:13:54 PM
Event Horizon

Getting Films for his Missus to star in lol

Which is funny because he didn't bother to marry until after the third Resi. :laugh: And now their daughter is in those movies. :laugh:

Soldier

I didn't mind this. It looked cheap as hell, and the middle was kind of dull, but Kurt Russell was great and the last third was pretty fun with him slaughtering all of the bad guys.

Prez

Prez

Introducing 'Empire Strikes Back' to my 6 year old daughter. Finally getting around to showing her these films.

We've only seen half of it so far as it was getting late and we're pretty strict with her bed times.

That battle of Hoth is simply one of the best battle scenes in any movie - period. Still remember how excited I was to watch this in the cinema when it was originally released.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Had a double at the theater today:

Rings

Dogshit. Makes The Ring TwO look like fine art by comparison.

John Wick: Chapter 2

Badass, awesome action movie. Successfully one ups the first film in some respects.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

The Light Between Oceans

I found it quite good (And I'm not one to usually to enjoy romance films)as well as as a little touching.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

State and Main
A fantastic David Mamet comedy about the trials of making a Hollywood film in smalltown America. Some great performances by Phillip Seymour Hoffman, William H. Macy and Sarah Jessica Parker

Drew : The Man Behind the Posters
A brilliant documentary about Drew Struzan's work in Hollywood. Its a shame we done see Posters like his anymore as all his were classics

The Ballad of Cable Hogue
A boring western by Sam Peckinpah, starring Jason Robards and David Warner. Just couldnt get into it

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Tale of The Princess Kaguya
A beautifully made film from Studio Ghibli. Heartbreak at its best in a way lol

The 36th Chamber of Shaolin
I do love these old school Martial Arts films

Scorpio

Scorpio

Batman
Batman Returns
Batman Forever
Batman and Robin
Batman V Superman
Suicide Squad

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed