Box Office

Started by Ratchetcomand, Sep 07, 2007, 11:05:43 PM

How much money you think AvP-R will make at the US box office from what you have seen so far from the trailers?

15million
6 (9.2%)
25million
6 (9.2%)
50million
20 (30.8%)
75million
19 (29.2%)
over 100million
14 (21.5%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Voting closed: Jan 12, 2008, 11:33:36 PM

Author
Box Office (Read 24,818 times)

Horhey

Horhey

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Sep 08, 2007, 05:31:36 PM
It'll probably make more on dvd sales and rentals. The thing I notice is, people may not go to see a movie like this in theaters, but they sure as hell like renting them.

The money it makes in theatres also depends on what it's competition is. As far as I know, all of the other comic book movies like Wolverine, Hulk, and Iron Man come out next summer.

WisePredator

WisePredator

Lower than P2.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Sep 08, 2007, 05:27:56 PM
Remember this film has a small budget, smaller than most films. So just because it makes less doesn't mean it is a failure. If it makes even just 100 million worldwide, I'd consider it a success.

Yes, but try to see this from a future-Alien-movie perspective...

An Alien movie willl require more of everything, more budget, more story, more acting memorabilia,...

So, even if AVPR covers the losses and has a tiny profit, it will STILL mean the end of the franchises...

So, I think that AVPR needs to make an astounding profit to enable FOX to even think about doing an Alien 5 movie or even have some brainstorming about a Predator 3...

And a marginal success or a success dependent on DVD sales is not enough to make FOX think they can invest in future Alien movies..

Just think about it: AVPR is more fan-oriented, the most fan-oriented movie of the whole bunch...

And the budget is the smallest of the bunch, so this is just FOX playing safe, and whichever profit this movie can make will be good...

The low budget means they are in safe mode, meaning that the budget they had (between 40-60 million) will be easily covered by both the domestic and international BO revenues... ;)

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

To be honest, I've given up hope on Alien 5. If it happens, it happens, but I'm not waiting for it.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Sep 08, 2007, 05:31:36 PM
It'll probably make more on dvd sales and rentals. The thing I notice is, people may not go to see a movie like this in theaters, but they sure as hell like renting them.

That's another problem with movies like these...

I saw Freddy versus Jason on DVD, for instance... And DVD sales revenue is slow-building and late figures, usually years after the theatre release date...

So, those long-term estimates are probably not what Fox is aiming at with a holiday movie or any movie like this... ;)

Highland

Highland

agreed , A5 is toast.

Expect Pred 3 if any. Dont really see an excuse for AVP 3. Aliens have been established as Groups once again, taking away the threat.

I only wonder what would have been if AR was scrapped. That was the tuning point. Bloody French  ::) :D

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: highlandpred on Sep 08, 2007, 05:58:00 PM
agreed , A5 is toast.

Expect Pred 3 if any. Dont really see an excuse for AVP 3. Aliens have been established as Groups once again, taking away the threat.

I only wonder what would have been if AR was scrapped. That was the tuning point. Bloody French  ::) :D

That's easy, Highland...we would have had a perfect Alien Trilogy... and that would be enough for me... Ripley's heroic demise to neutralise the Alien threat to our planet... Case closed...

Any other Alien saga could have been done in another tryptic form, without Sigourney, and exploring other plotlines...

But Fox's greed mixed with severe symptoms to Hollywood's current originality and creativity depression and the resulting sequel fever said otherwise... ::) :(

Ok7

Ok7

Rating R and many other films ( National Treasure 2, Charlie Wilson's War, The Water Horse and Rambo 4).

Budget and marketing-100 million. :o
That make a profit-200 million.

USA-50 million.(maximum 70 mill.)
Foreign-100-150 million.
Worldwide-150-200 million.

So we not see AVP3, Alien5, Predator 3. :'(

pred_alien

pred_alien

Quote from: Ok7 on Sep 08, 2007, 06:27:47 PM
Rating R and many other films ( National Treasure 2, Charlie Wilson's War, The Water Horse and Rambo 4).

Budget and marketing-100 million. :o
That make a profit-200 million.

USA-50 million.(maximum 70 mill.)
Foreign-100-150 million.
Worldwide-150-200 million.

So we not see AVP3, Alien5, Predator 3. :'(

the budget and marketing are gonna be no where near 100 mil

Ok7

Ok7

I hope.
Maybe marketing 30 million and budger 50-60 million=80-90 million.

pred_alien

pred_alien

Quote from: Ok7 on Sep 08, 2007, 06:33:22 PM
I hope.
Maybe marketing 30 million and budger 50-60 million=80-90 million.
the budet is not 50-60mil...more like 35-45 mil

Ok7

Ok7

I hope, I hope is budget is 40 million.
--------------------------------------------------

But AVP1 have 35 million marketing + budget 60 million=95 million

Ok7

Ok7

Quote from: pred_alien on Sep 08, 2007, 12:15:50 AM
Quote from: War Wager on Sep 08, 2007, 12:04:52 AM
It'll make less than what AvP did anyway...

why do you say this??? if this is a overall good movie and gets semi good reviews from critics and fans alike that will draw more people to see it...even fans new to the franchises...and also people that are tired of all the happy fun loving christmas movies that would like to see something besides that AVP-R is their choice

Grindhouse too critic praise and what?
25 million in USA

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Ya, that pissed me off. Grindhouse was great and got great reviews, but the average movie goer didn't know what the hell it was about. It was a shame it bombed.

KillingJoke

KillingJoke

Quote from: highlandpred on Sep 08, 2007, 05:58:00 PM
agreed , A5 is toast.

Nobody would pay to see a stand-alone Predator movie after AvP.  It's been 17 years since we had one, and people are going to be asking where the Aliens are.

I would say that an Alien 5 is far more likely, especially given the recent interest Scott and Cameron had in it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed