Box Office

Started by Ratchetcomand, Sep 07, 2007, 11:05:43 PM

How much money you think AvP-R will make at the US box office from what you have seen so far from the trailers?

15million
6 (9.2%)
25million
6 (9.2%)
50million
20 (30.8%)
75million
19 (29.2%)
over 100million
14 (21.5%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Voting closed: Jan 12, 2008, 11:33:36 PM

Author
Box Office (Read 24,464 times)

fluxcap

fluxcap

Domestically for me (North America), I'm thinking no more than 30 mill. Perhaps less.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Quote from: fluxcap on Sep 08, 2007, 04:20:19 PM
Domestically for me (North America), I'm thinking no more than 30 mill. Perhaps less.

Thats Harsh!

Danger Close

Danger Close

That's really harsh. The movie will make good dough. I'm not worried, there has be a lot of R rated movies that have done well recently, but really, if the movie is good it will do well at the Box office. I just hope the Strause's have taken the time to make good human characters. That will be what will bring in the general public.

fluxcap

fluxcap

I'd like the movie to do well, hopefully I'm wrong in my prediction, but I think the film won't come close to the first AVP's earnings domestically at least. You can bet Fox will get a return on their investment through worldwide earnings and the dvd.

Danger Close

Danger Close

Why do you think 30? That seems really low? I agree that there is a good chance it will not equal AVP, with the rating and all, but 30 seems really low.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Quote from: Danger Close on Sep 08, 2007, 04:34:02 PM
Why do you think 30? That seems really low? I agree that there is a good chance it will not equal AVP, with the rating and all, but 30 seems really low.

30mil is way way to low. Thats like how much Leprechuan made lol.

Danger Close

Danger Close

At least he had his pot of gold to fall back on?

Horhey

Horhey

Quote from: pred_alien on Sep 07, 2007, 11:47:52 PM
i say 200mil...

and of course if this somehow starts a controversy with the church all the satanists will see it...and hell theres a lot of them :P

Controversy always = $$$

The movie is doomed to get negative reviews from the critics, but I think everyone else will dig it. The trailer will do the job. It'll pull atleast 200 million.

echobbase79

echobbase79

200 MILLION WORLD WIDE.

I believe a lot of critics will like this too.

fluxcap

fluxcap

Pretty much everyone was burned by AVP. I'm pretty sure most general movie audiences will avoid it because of the first film. Some people who I work with who have seen the trailer (and are not Alien/Predator die-hards) say the film looks silly/corny because of the setting and scenario. If that opionion is shared by even a portion of general audiences, ouch($).

Quote from: Danger Close on Sep 08, 2007, 04:37:32 PM
And like half a dozen direct to dvd sequels ;D

Horhey

Horhey

Quote from: fluxcap on Sep 08, 2007, 04:40:32 PM
Pretty much everyone was burned by AVP. I'm pretty sure most general movie audiences will avoid it because of the first film. Some people who I work with who have seen the trailer (and are not Alien/Predator die-hards) say the film looks silly/corny because of the setting and scenario. If that opionion is shared by even a portion of general audiences, ouch($).

Quote from: Danger Close on Sep 08, 2007, 04:37:32 PM
And like half a dozen direct to dvd sequels ;D

So you think they might be scoffing at it becouse they're assuming it'll be cheese extreme like the first movie?

gameoverman

gameoverman

QuotePretty much everyone was burned by AVP. I'm pretty sure most general movie audiences will avoid it because of the first film. Some people who I work with who have seen the trailer (and are not Alien/Predator die-hards) say the film looks silly/corny because of the setting and scenario. If that opionion is shared by even a portion of general audiences, ouch($).

Yeah I wouldn't buy shares in 20th Century Fox just yet but it looks like they're getting the marketing right.  :P

Danger Close

Danger Close

It's a hard call to make. I think getting the trailer attached to a few good films in the month before release will be all the difference. Freddy vs Jason was corney and could have influenced people on AVP. The concept of Aliens and Predator's fighting it's self is pretty cheezy to the general public, and they went and saw the first one. So if people like the trailer.. Who knows?

I really think people will forget the first one IF they are impressed by the trailer. and it is the 7th searched trailer on the web, so.....

Horhey

Horhey

If AVP 2 isnt successful (which means we wont get a 3rd movie) its becouse Paul Anderson left a bad taste in people's mouths. Theres got to be a way to get his ass kicked out of Hollywood for good.

predalien213

predalien213

i say mabye 170 million plus

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed