Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM

Author
Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL! (Read 197,563 times)

First Blood

First Blood

"loud coke sniffing sound"  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Oct 30, 2014, 02:17:03 PMOh ... and expect female humanoid female characteristics ... like hour glass figure and breasts.

I cannot express how pissed off and disappointed I would be if they went down this route.

worldpeace

worldpeace

it's amazing how many more times we could be let down by these franchises . i mean the world is screwy enough that i could see a bunch of dissatisfying predator or alien or avp movies that are let downs. i choose to stay on the bright side.
i feel i have been through this 3 or 4 times before.  .
so far some of the responses i have gotten to my questions have been flat out wrong on this site regarding shanes predator movie .
thus , no one knows shit yet and it's all just speculation.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 31, 2014, 08:54:45 AM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Oct 30, 2014, 02:17:03 PMOh ... and expect female humanoid female characteristics ... like hour glass figure and breasts.

I cannot express how pissed off and disappointed I would be if they went down this route.

that still makes coke look fun. it's the look in his eyes.. like they are about to pop out of his skull and he has to shit reeeeal bad.

Quote from: First Blood on Oct 30, 2014, 11:19:05 PM
"loud coke sniffing sound"  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:-\

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 31, 2014, 08:54:45 AM

happypred

happypred

Not a female predator...please no

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: happypred on Oct 31, 2014, 09:44:39 AM

I'd rather a female Predator (assuming she's a classic type) rather than another Super Abomination.

worldpeace

worldpeace

anyone ever think that maybe Anytime WAS a FEMALE ?  i mean the way anytime shakes it's dreads after it's head emerges from out of the water.. that is a chick thing not a GUY thing.. the thomas brothers wrote that scene while sitting on a beach writing the script, and a woman walked out of the sea and shook her head from side to side to remove excess H2O from her hair.  Anytime may have very well been a female. You don't know.

i agree tits and stuff would be dumb in a movie. 
I think someone else has brought up the idea that MAYBE the predator's gender can change at some point in life like ENEMY MINE.

Predators are on a hunting / mating trip.   humans kill boy predator..girl predator gets pissed. seeks revenge  .. if no tits are involved maybe.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Oct 31, 2014, 03:49:24 PM
Quote from: happypred on Oct 31, 2014, 09:44:39 AM

I'd rather a female Predator (assuming she's a classic type) rather than another Super Abomination.
A female predator could be a great idea. I'm for it.

Eva

Eva

Who cares about all that shit in a Predator film? Female predators... tits or no tits... colonial marines...?

Is it really so hard to hire Arnold to reprise his iconic role as Dutch, center the plot around him becoming involved somehow in yet another confrontation with one of these critters, 2-3 decades after the original film took place?

If we absolutely have to make a new film in this franchise, please go back to the roots and what worked.

Bio Mech Hunter

If done right, than yes I agree a female Pred would be pretty cool. Problem is almost all existing concepts of what female Preds would/should be like are complete shite. And, unfortunately, some of those are rather popular.

I'd prefer to go back to the super Preds if that's the case.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Eva on Oct 31, 2014, 11:11:12 PM
Who cares about all that shit in a Predator film? Female predators... tits or no tits... colonial marines...?

Is it really so hard to hire Arnold to reprise his iconic role as Dutch, center the plot around him becoming involved somehow in yet another confrontation with one of these critters, 2-3 decades after the original film took place?

If we absolutely have to make a new film in this franchise, please go back to the roots and what worked.

This this this.

Either do something in the vein of the original (without losing focus and getting sloppy after the midpoint a la Predators) go all out insane like the second one.

The idea of a giant expansive Predator universe doesn't really interest me.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: worldpeace on Oct 31, 2014, 08:56:33 PM
anyone ever think that maybe Anytime WAS a FEMALE ?  i mean the way anytime shakes it's dreads after it's head emerges from out of the water.. that is a chick thing not a GUY thing.. the thomas brothers wrote that scene while sitting on a beach writing the script, and a woman walked out of the sea and shook her head from side to side to remove excess H2O from her hair.  Anytime may have very well been a female. You don't know.
:laugh:

Aspie

Aspie

damn, son

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Aspie on Nov 01, 2014, 05:05:09 PM
damn, son

daughter*

You never know, it might be a girl.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: Eva on Oct 31, 2014, 11:11:12 PM

As far sequel ideas... the fans just want endless repeats of the first film.... No thanks. :P

Topazora

Topazora

Quite frankly, I hope Shane doesn't reveal too much on the predator species.  Please keep in mind, I'm coming at this from an artist point of view, I like having the freedom to fill in the blanks with my own ideas.  Where the predator is, its like all I have is the framing of house but I can do whatever I want with the rest.  The last thing I want, when I'm doing my art, is have someone throw the word of god at me, telling me that my art goes against canon.  Its one thing when things are things are expanded on in the comics, they're secondary, but the movies should just keep the mystery.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed