Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot!

Started by 85, Jun 24, 2014, 07:34:28 PM

Author
Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot! (Read 93,346 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 25, 2014, 03:16:59 PMFollowing the formula wasn't what hurt Predator 2. As much fun as Predator 2 is, I have a hard time taking as seriously as the first film because the pacing sucks, some of the acting feels OTT, L.A. is portrayed in a very strange manner, Gary Busey, and so on.
You took the first film seriously?! Arnold Schwarzenegger nails a man to a wall with a knife!

The end of the first movie gets kinda gritty, yeah, but so does the end of the second, once it's down to man vs. beast. The first is by no means more serious than the sequel.

MudButt

Well what route would ya'll suggest to keep it fresh?
The Predator obviously only hunts prey that can possibly put up a fight, so it has to be elite commandos, soldiers, cops, etc,etc,etc.

Crazy Rich

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 25, 2014, 03:21:30 PM
You took the first film seriously?!

"Jeez you got a big pussy" is no laughing matter. That's deep stuff right there.

MudButt

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jun 25, 2014, 03:30:04 PM
You took the first film seriously?!

"Jeez you got a big pussy" is no laughing matter. That's deep stuff right there.

i c u.

Nightmare Asylum

HuDaFuK

:laugh:

Quote from: MudButt on Jun 25, 2014, 03:26:49 PMWell what route would ya'll suggest to keep it fresh?
The Predator obviously only hunts prey that can possibly put up a fight, so it has to be elite commandos, soldiers, cops, etc,etc,etc.
I'm not saying the new film shouldn't try something new. But Predator is in no way more serious than it's sequel :)

DoomRulz

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 25, 2014, 03:16:59 PMFollowing the formula wasn't what hurt Predator 2. As much fun as Predator 2 is, I have a hard time taking as seriously as the first film because the pacing sucks, some of the acting feels OTT, L.A. is portrayed in a very strange manner, Gary Busey, and so on.
You took the first film seriously?! Arnold Schwarzenegger nails a man to a wall with a knife!

The end of the first movie gets kinda gritty, yeah, but so does the end of the second, once it's down to man vs. beast. The first is by no means more serious than the sequel.

It had hammy moments but I didn't feel like it was as ridiculous as Predator 2.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 25, 2014, 03:39:31 PMIt had hammy moments but I didn't feel like it was as ridiculous as Predator 2.
A man fires a minigun handheld. There is literally nothing as ridiculous as that in the sequel.

Also Arnie shoots a guy through a wall. (As in he shoots the guy, and he flies through the wall!)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Do you think they might perhaps introduce a whole new kind of "Predator" from the ground up? You know, replace the predator we know and love with something completely different in design but similar in purpose?

@ Mudbutt, Nightmare, HuDaFuK.

DoomRulz

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 25, 2014, 03:46:44 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 25, 2014, 03:39:31 PMIt had hammy moments but I didn't feel like it was as ridiculous as Predator 2.
A man fires a minigun handheld. There is literally nothing as ridiculous as that in the sequel.

Also Arnie shoots a guy through a wall. (As in he shoots the guy, and he flies through the wall!)

Glover has a trunk full of handguns at the ready. That wasn't ridiculous to you? And all of L.A. is depicted as Omaha Beach in the level of violence.

Lemonade

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 25, 2014, 01:37:52 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 25, 2014, 01:24:23 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing more than one Predator, actually. Maybe two hunting together could make for an interesting dynamic (as long as they don't get killed off immediately like the ones in Predators). We might even see one of them make it out alive by the end, which would be new.

Eh. Predator is a very simple concept. I don't want a bloated film.

It's been a simple concept SO FAR. There's nothing wrong with world-expanding. I'm not sure I wanna watch another "simple" movie. This will be the sixth installment.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 25, 2014, 03:53:41 PM
Glover has a trunk full of handguns at the ready. That wasn't ridiculous to you? And all of L.A. is depicted as Omaha Beach in the level of violence.

Well, to be fair, it was supposed to be L.A. in the future. :P

DoomRulz

Youse need to modify dat post.

But in response, it was still nuts. It felt like a comic book.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 25, 2014, 03:53:41 PMGlover has a trunk full of handguns at the ready. That wasn't ridiculous to you? And all of L.A. is depicted as Omaha Beach in the level of violence.
I don't think you comprehend quite how mind-bogglingly stupid the idea of carrying around and firing a minigun is. Next to that, having a few shooters in your trunk is pretty much common sense.

Predator 2 is mad, sure. But it's by no means more mad than the first one.

MudButt

Would you folk prefer modern time, futuristic setting, or a period piece film?

Since we don't want a jungle again, or a city.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed