Same Sex Marriage

Started by LastSurvivor92, May 10, 2014, 05:06:49 PM

Author
Same Sex Marriage (Read 35,468 times)

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on May 19, 2014, 09:15:28 PM

But of course, calling out  a person on being horrible isn't allowed, but apparently being horrible is allowed.

I never called someone horrible personally you know. You on the other hand are insulting people all the time. Woah.. such a badass  ::) You are just proving how bad attitude the homosexuals have towards anybody who don't agree with them. As I said before - people think differently, deal with it.

You should read the forum rules before saying who's being tolerated and who's not. In this particular topic I haven't insulted anybody personally. I just stated my opinion and you are ok not to agree with it of course, but insulting me with quotes from the school's playground won't make you a good favor. You can't hurt me with such insults. The only thing you are doing is making the things worse for you because I am reporting your insults which are against the rules and the staff may be tolerating you atm but it won't be forever so keep your mouth shut if you don't have what to say besides your random insults.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: WinterActual on May 20, 2014, 04:14:24 AM
As I said before - people think differently, deal with it.

Quote from: WinterActual on May 20, 2014, 04:14:24 AMYou are just proving how bad attitude the homosexuals have towards anybody who don't agree with them.

WinterActual

WinterActual

I don't care if someone's gay or bi. It doesn't concerns me at all. I never said anything about that to anyone. I have "dealt with that" <.< Just because I don't agree with the gay marriage doesn't mean I have bad attitude towards such people. Its a personal choice not to agree with that. Even so I am not the law so its not like I am the one who's not allowing it. My opinion is my opinion and it doesn't changes anything. Erik should point his hate towards the people in his country that are deciding such things, not against people on the internet who have different opinion rofl..

Sabby

Sabby

As I've said before, no one actually knows your position because you refuse to share it, and what you have shared does imply you are bigoted, so the grief your getting is as much your fault as anyone elses.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Omg not this again.. My position is that I don't agree with it. I think this is clear enough and I don't get why you need (or why you care) more than that.

Sabby

Sabby

'I don't agree with it' doesn't explain your position very well. All it shows is your against something. You haven't explained why you feel that way, despite being asked multiple times, so all we have to go on is that you don't like homosexual marriage. Is that really what you'd like to leave us with?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I fully support gay rights and they should be fully allowed to enter into binding agreements with another consenting person of legal age and mind. Which is all marriage is. The US Constitution provides this fully as it is a document that doesn't differentiate between race, creed, sex, nationality... it gives every individual the same rights and protections that any other individual has. It can't judge based on sex, so any two consenting adult can be wed. For those who think this means that you can marry a horse or first cousin etc.. all of that is governed by laws at both the federal and state level and are protected under the same Constitution. So allowing gay marriage will not change any of that. So that slippery slope debate is non-sense.

I have lots of gay friends and acquaintances and I'll be honest, even after all of this time it still does make me feel odd. I don't say anything out of respect but I think a lot of people feel that just thinking it is wrong would be a crime if homosexual marriage is legalized. I think that is why so many people are afraid to state their opinion. Just look at that racist basketball team owner. His organization is not ran in a racist way but his personal views are, yet what happened to free speech and privacy? The funny thing is that most racist people probably aren't even racist, They're just from another time where things were different. Hell most people are not even anti gay, it's just that they have had it beaten into their heads by others, such as the church. For no other reason than someone or something selected gays out as the next big crusade, aka target to bash.

Think about it, we've been here before, first slaves, women rights and now homosexual rights.  There is no legal ground to not just end this fight already. What do all of these causes have in common? They were all individual rights restricted to one class of people. Which is unconstitutional.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: WinterActual on May 20, 2014, 07:26:54 AM
I don't care if someone's gay or bi. It doesn't concerns me at all. I never said anything about that to anyone. I have "dealt with that" <.< Just because I don't agree with the gay marriage doesn't mean I have bad attitude towards such people. Its a personal choice not to agree with that. Even so I am not the law so its not like I am the one who's not allowing it. My opinion is my opinion and it doesn't changes anything. Erik should point his hate towards the people in his country that are deciding such things, not against people on the internet who have different opinion rofl..

No one in my Country is preventing it, which is why you anger me.
Perhaps your culture just hasn't advanced far enough.

Quote from: WinterActual on May 20, 2014, 04:14:24 AM
Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on May 19, 2014, 09:15:28 PM

But of course, calling out  a person on being horrible isn't allowed, but apparently being horrible is allowed.

I never called someone horrible personally you know. You on the other hand are insulting people all the time. Woah.. such a badass  ::) You are just proving how bad attitude the homosexuals have towards anybody who don't agree with them. As I said before - people think differently, deal with it.

You should read the forum rules before saying who's being tolerated and who's not. In this particular topic I haven't insulted anybody personally. I just stated my opinion and you are ok not to agree with it of course, but insulting me with quotes from the school's playground won't make you a good favor. You can't hurt me with such insults. The only thing you are doing is making the things worse for you because I am reporting your insults which are against the rules and the staff may be tolerating you atm but it won't be forever so keep your mouth shut if you don't have what to say besides your random insults.

Keep my mouth shut?

Reported Hypocrite, forums or no I'm going to call you out on being a bad person.
Because you are, no matter what way you'd try to spin your bias.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: WinterActual on May 20, 2014, 07:40:45 AM
Omg not this again.. My position is that I don't agree with it. I think this is clear enough and I don't get why you need (or why you care) more than that.
They're probably confused because you say you are against it, but also claim to not care about the sexual preferences of others...so it's difficult to imagine why you're against gay marriage.  The only thing I can come up with is that you make wedding cakes for a living and you don't want to have uneven amounts of the little brides and grooms that go on top.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on May 20, 2014, 12:25:41 PM
Quote from: WinterActual on May 20, 2014, 07:40:45 AM
They're probably confused because you say you are against it, but also claim to not care about the sexual preferences of others...so it's difficult to imagine why you're against gay marriage.  The only thing I can come up with is that you make wedding cakes for a living and you don't want to have uneven amounts of the little brides and grooms that go on top.

OMG you're right! :laugh:

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Didn't he say he was against all marriage?

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: WinterActual on May 10, 2014, 05:16:05 PM
Man with transgender person is something that I can accept easily but man with another man - no way bro.

Apparently not Cal, he's just a bigot.

Sabby

Sabby

He did say so, yes, but I honestly don't believe that that's his only problem with gay marriage. If he was just against forms of marriage he would have said so, not target gay marriage specifically then go "Oh, well I'm not for marriage at all" after being called a bigot. It screams of ass covering and it's one of the most common non-defenses I hear, right up there with "It's not Adam and STEVE"

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

So I'm going to lock this thread for some time until cooler heads prevail because pretty soon, someone is going to say something a hell of a lot worse than "bigot".

Vulhala

Vulhala

Cool head here.

What two consenting ADULTS do behind closed doors is none of your business, or mine. In truth, what they do in public should still be their business and theirs alone, but I can understand and empathize with people that feel uncomfortable witnessing intimacy between two members of the same sex (ironically only two blokes. Lesbians are AWESOME right, Christguys?.)

It's not something that I'm completely comfortable seeing myself, but I'd never denigrate those people in the street for it. It's not my place. If it doesn't encroach on me, my family or my way of life, crack the f**k on mate.

And if those two people wish to cement their commitment to each other, they should be afforded the same rights as any pairing of people REGARDLESS OF GENDER that wish to do the same.

Adoption is a separate issue, but progress is being made and there are MANY laws in place to protect minors already (as there should be.)

It all boils down to religions written in a completely different world to the one we experience today. If you didn't have a son in those days, you were pretty much f**ked at 30 because you needed someone bringing the bread home. It's 2014. Can we please move on now and just live and let be?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed