Disappointed about Wii U cancellation

Started by Wey-Yu Xeno, Apr 17, 2014, 01:18:59 AM

Author
Disappointed about Wii U cancellation (Read 931 times)

Wey-Yu Xeno

I feel that the Wii U edition would have been the best out of all the releases. Using the gamepad as a motion tracker would have been awesome.

PRI. HUDSON

Still a shit game. Being able to use the pad as a motion tracker would be cool for about 10 min.

Predaker

The Wii-U edition was rumored to be the worst version, with tedious mini-games like controlling the temperature of your welder. Also, using the gamepad as a motion tracker would be detrimental in competitive multiplayer.

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Apr 17, 2014, 01:41:43 PM
Being able to use the pad as a motion tracker would be cool for about 10 min.

I agree. The motion tracker itself isn't even necessary to play the campaign story and the novelty wears off after a bit.

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 17, 2014, 02:32:02 PM
The Wii-U edition was rumored to be the worst version, with tedious mini-games like controlling the temperature of your welder. Also, using the gamepad as a motion tracker would be detrimental in competitive multiplayer.

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Apr 17, 2014, 01:41:43 PM
Being able to use the pad as a motion tracker would be cool for about 10 min.

I agree. The motion tracker itself isn't even necessary to play the campaign story and the novelty wears off after a bit.

;)

Ash 937

I remember a similar situation when Alien: Resurrection (game) was announced for the Sega Dreamcast during the development of the PSX version. When word came through that the Dreamcast wasn't long for its lifespan though, the developers canceled the game...even though it was said to be the most polished version that would've come out.

In all honesty, those mini games don't sound fun at all. There isn't really any need to find ways to overcomplicate FPSs on any platform. We (finally) got ACM and regardless of what we think of it, I think we are fortunate to have even gotten the game all considering the development hell it was in for all those years.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed