Stasis Interrupted DLC Walkthroughs & Discussion [Spoilers]

Started by ikarop, Jul 23, 2013, 05:26:20 PM

Author
Stasis Interrupted DLC Walkthroughs & Discussion [Spoilers] (Read 83,234 times)

ChickenHeart

The explanation for why Hicks wasn't in stasis wouldn't feel too far out of place in a futuristic 3 Stooges skit.

windebieste

This woeful, sixty million dollar abortion has NO redeeming qualities. 

-Windebieste.

Local Trouble

I take it you're waiting for the GOTY edition before buying?

JokersWarPig

Best thing the DLC had going for it was atmosphere.
I hated Lisbeth and I could only tolerate Levy. Stone is the only character I can see who had even a slim chance for survival based on the fact
Spoiler
he was a soldier at one point, not a colonist daughter or a scientist
[close]

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 24, 2013, 05:29:25 AM
Most PMCs don't wear full battle rattle.  Because that shit is uncomfortable and they are mostly for security not infantry tactics and maneuvers. 

Some special ops guys don't wear them.  We'd see the SEALs rolling out all the time without their fancy bicycle helmets.  We weren't in the most dangerous of places but since those guys (and other special ops) were the only ones doing anything anyways....

None of them are wearing that gear, though. In the film, they all did. Here, in a recreation of that very scene, every single one of them has a completely different costume on.

Valaquen

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 24, 2013, 09:03:00 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 24, 2013, 05:29:25 AM
Most PMCs don't wear full battle rattle.  Because that shit is uncomfortable and they are mostly for security not infantry tactics and maneuvers. 

Some special ops guys don't wear them.  We'd see the SEALs rolling out all the time without their fancy bicycle helmets.  We weren't in the most dangerous of places but since those guys (and other special ops) were the only ones doing anything anyways....

None of them are wearing that gear, though. In the film, they all did. Here, in a recreation of that very scene, every single one of them has a completely different costume on.
Am I seeing correctly or has Bishop II's clothing changed (beige coat to dark coat, crimson scarf) and his head wound isn't visible?

Kimarhi

I'm not talking about the Alien 3 PMCs.  Just another comment that questions why they have caps on instead of helmets in ACM.  Its because helmets are hot and heavy and uncomfortable. 

The PMCs in Alien 3 are obviously there performing a certain task.  Judging by the end cinematic, it would seem like they could've just added their smartgun or flamethrower NPCs instead.  But since I never was going to take anything ACM said as canon anyways, I give no f**ks.

Xenoscream

Can someone give a brief summary of what happens in each chapter? There is little to no chance of me picking this up (no time, other games and not much incentive) but I'm curious about the story, from what I can see it starts before the pain plot and picks up after it finishes, or do the A3 events occur before the main campaign?

AlienGalaxie

AlienGalaxie

Stasis Interrupted DLC - Let's Play LIVE - Eurogamer - STARTS AT 12PM BST - SPOILER ALERT! http://www.saga-alien-galaxie.com/article-79392-live-eurogamer-gameplay-en-direc.html

Vepariga

oh its out cool,downloading now.

WarriorRidged

Statis Interrupted is now on PSN Europe, Folks.

shakermakerman

God some of you really do throw your dummys out the pram  :laugh:, its just a game and as for canon make your own minds.

Promethean Fire

Promethean Fire

Quote from: Xenoscream on Jul 24, 2013, 09:28:57 AM
Can someone give a brief summary of what happens in each chapter? There is little to no chance of me picking this up (no time, other games and not much incentive) but I'm curious about the story, from what I can see it starts before the pain plot and picks up after it finishes, or do the A3 events occur before the main campaign?

Its not brief, but here is a rundown of the story.

Spoiler
Chapter 1 - Asylum.  Hicks and a man called Stone are being interrogated by Weyland aboard the FTL ship.  Weyland demands the "message" from Stone.  Stone refuses and is executed.  Hicks is injected by a scientist named Levy with a truth serum to try and make him talk.  It doesn't.  Weyland grills Hicks, highlighting events that have led to this point.  We flashback to the Legato research ship, dispatched after Burke confirmed XT presence on LV-426.  The Legato has obtained specimens from the derelict alien vessel, codenamed "Origin" and is experimenting on a cargo of hijacked cryosleepers (ala Alien Resurrection).  The outbound ship receives orders to return to LV-426 in order to intercept the USS Sulaco which is leaving orbit.  Xeno specimens escape and begin wreaking havoc aboard the Legato.  We join Lisbeth, a female colonist, part of the hijacked cargo, who awakens to the madness around her.  Lisbeth must stealthily search the ship as she looks desperately for her mother and father.  En route she bumps into two fellow colonists, Stone and Turk.  Stone informs Lisbeth that the Legato has docked via umbilical to another ship (Sulaco) and that he plans to cross the umbilical and send out a request for help.  He asks Lisbeth to join him.  Lisbeth insists on finding her family.  Stone and Turk leave Lisbeth as they head for the Sulaco.  After several dangerous encounters, Lisbeth eventually finds her mother who has been facehugged and her father who has been pumped full of bullet holes.  Lisbeth now seeks revenge againt the Alien and W-Y.  Stone pleads for Lisbeth to join him onboard the Sulaco.  Instead, Lisbeth heads to the engineering deck of the Legato, battling PMC's and Aliens on the way.  Lisbeth feels pain in her chest.  She realises she is host to the monsters.  She turns off the ships's cooling unit and sets the ship to self destruct taking the PMC's and the Aliens with her.

Chapter 2 - Awakening.  Stone and Turk have arrived in the Hypersleep chamber of the Sulaco.  They are pursued by W-Y PMC's and Aliens from the Legato and therefore quickly revive the only military officer they find, Corporal Hicks. Hicks is stunned to see Ripley with a facehugger wrapped to her head but before he can realise what is happening, the PMC's burst into the vault.  There is a brief exchange of gunfire which results in acid blood being spilt from the Facehugger triggering the Sulaco emergency systems.  Stone and Hicks take cover from the mercs.  Turk is grabbed and tossed aside into Hicks empty cryo chamber just as the EEV release system is activated.  Newt, Ripley, the remains of Bishop and Turk are launched into space.  Hicks and Stone escape the mercs to the security checkpoint above them and gear up for battle.  We learn that Stone is ex-military hence his handiness with a weapon.  Their plan is to send a distress signal but the Sulaco only possesses a short range transmitter.  However, the Sulaco is on course with Fury 161 which has a long range communications array.  They head for a service skiff which they will be able to escape the ship in.  En route, Stone is contacted by Lisbeth (at this point in the story she has just discovered her dead parents) She tells Stone that she plans to detonate the Legato.  Hicks and Stone must make a mad dash to the weapons deck of the Sulaco, once there Stone uses one of the Sulaco's orbital cannons to destroy the umbilical, seperating the two ships.  Hicks and Stone watch as the Legato is destroyed.  Hicks and Stone finally escape in the service skiff, they land on the surface of Fury 161, where Hicks tells them it will be a two day hike to the nearest facility.  As Hicks and Stone finally reach the penal colony they witness the ending of Alien 3 as Ripley sacrifices herself.  Hicks and Stone are then captured and taken to the W-Y FTL ship for interrogation.  The ship and the Sulaco are returned to LV-426.

Chapter 3 - Deliverance.  We are back where we started.  Stone has just been executed as Weyland grills Hicks.  The scientist, Levy listens with concern as Weyland constantly seems unconcerned with the human cost as opposed to the importance of the Alien.  Levy reaches for a pulse rifle and draws on Weyland.  Levy tells Weyland that he can no longer be a part of this madness.  He takes Hicks and they fight their way out of the FTL ship which we realise is dry docked on LV-426 next to the "Origin" site.  They need to send the message which will expose W-Y's involvement in the murder of the colonists.  They touch down on the surface and fight their way through several lab modules which are being established around the "Origin" site perimeter.  Levy and Hicks briefly seperate as Levy attempts to purge posion gas from the modules so that they can safely pass.  Coming under heavy fire from APC's, Hicks and Levy realise that the only way they can reach the communications array is to travel through the treacherous underground cave system of LV-426. 

Chapter 4 - Redemption.  Hicks and Levy make their way through the dark network of caves.  They eventually realise that they are in a hive.  The Aliens who survived the blast of the Atmosphere Processor, have nested within these tunnels, and a new Queen awaits.  Hicks and Levy disturb the Queen, who gives chase through the claustrophobic interiors of the caverns.  They lose the Queen in smaller spaces but are soon pursued by a Crusher Alien, after an intense battle, the Crusher is felled and Hicks and Levy escape the caves.  They fight their way through the main compound as chaos erupts around them, the underground Aliens are attacking the W-Y mercs.  Through the carnage, Hicks and Levy eventually make it to the communications array.  Hicks must activate the dish, whilst Levy, using sentry guns must hold off the pressing xeno attack to buy Hicks time.  They succeed.  They must then ascend to the top of the facility to send the message.  They are under constant onslaught as they try to align the dish.  They soon begin to transmit the message.  Weyland comes over the PA system and attempts to appeal to Levy.  Levy is not interested.  As the signal is 90% complete, a barrage of rockets are fired by W-Y, taking out the dish.  A squad of APC's roll up to the facility, destroying the last of the xenos.  Hicks and Levy are defeated.  They have no choice but to surrender.  Hicks asks Levy if any of the message got out.  Some of it, he replies.

We cut to Hicks's After Action report.  Or what part of it was transmitted at least.  Cut to black and a barracks door is flung open as a Marine officer shouts at the grunts that a distress signal has just been received, sent out from LV-426.  A groggy soldier awakens from his bunk and we see that it is Corporal Winter.

The End.       
[close]

Engineer

What happened to Boris? The only prisoner who survived in alien 3?

Kronnang_Dunn

Kronnang_Dunn

Just played the DLC up to the third chapter. My God.... the story did fit perfectly with both the ACM game and the movies. Some little costume and voice errors here and there but nothing that hurts the continuity. They pulled a decent expansion for a very hated game. I am glad they finished what they started despite all the negative feedback they received. Thank you Gearbox.

Btw... I think the reason Hicks has the acid burned shirt and then changes to a dark outfit and then back again to the damaged shirt is because the burned shirt is part of his BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) and did not have a spare.

Quote from: Promethean Fire on Jul 24, 2013, 12:55:18 PM
Its not brief, but here is a rundown of the story...

Good summary. The only thing wrong is that it took 2 days for Hicks and Stone to arrive at Fury 161 in their spaceship... they did not travel for 2 days in the planet's surface like you posted. Stone even tells Hicks that he got a deck of cards for the 2 days long space trip (obvious Aliens reference).

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 24, 2013, 12:24:33 AM
I like how Hicks is relatively untroubled by seeing Ripley all facehugged. He's all kind of... "No. :|"

He was all drowsy and awakening from hypersleep.

Quote from: Jarac on Jul 24, 2013, 01:52:11 AM
Really? f**king really? Ripley somehow Ripley manages to survive acid damage from the Facehugger's acid splash (not to mention having a bullet put into her brain)?

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 24, 2013, 12:24:33 AM
Ripley's skull and facehuggers are now immune to pulse rifle fire.

Remember Alien...? Remember how Ash wounded Kane's hugger...? Same thing. The bullets obviously did not hit Ripley. Just grazed the hugger and the acid bursted out into the cryotube (there is an acid burn mark that Clements finds in Alien 3) and the floor , which the ship's computer thought that was an electrical fire (causing the cryotubes ejection into the EEV and its launch).

Quote from: DemonicD13 on Jul 24, 2013, 12:46:57 AM
Why do they (the inhabitants of Fury) think the crushed body is Hicks's, I thought the warden read his dog tag (or his underwear). It's not like Fury could access the ships logs. If they were just guessing who the crushed body in the tube was in the movie, how did they ever figure it belonged to Hicks in the first place?

As far as I remember there were not dog tags nor underwear at the Alien 3 film. But at the begining there were digital images and information with computerized data of Hicks, Ripley and company. That could mean that the data was obtained from the cryotubes by the FURY immates somehow or that the Sulaco broadcasted the data as the EEV was ejected and landed on the planet. That's the beauty of Sci-Fi... is science, but above all, fiction... so anything is possible.

Quote from: Engineer on Jul 24, 2013, 01:43:07 PM
What happened to Boris? The only prisoner who survived in alien 3?

Who the hell is Boris? If you are talking about ROBERT MORSE you just #ucked up... big time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed