I still haven't purchased this game but...

Started by Ash 937, Jul 03, 2013, 08:46:57 PM

Author
I still haven't purchased this game but... (Read 1,026 times)

Ash 937

...it seems to be randomly dropping in price at various places that might persuade me to trade in a few old games for it.  I own an XBOX 360 and have some questions for people that own that version specifically.

1.  Have any of the updates corrected the screen tearing issues that reportedly plagued the 360 version at launch?

2.  I've heard a lot of good things about Escape mode but I know there are only two maps for it out-of-the-box.  Are the other DLC Escape mode maps worth it?  Also, can Escape mode be played offline.

3.  Movie Map Pack is a great idea imo.  How difficult is it to find a multiplayer game for these maps on Xbox Live?  Can any of these maps be played in anyway offline?

I don't mean to be redundant if these questions have been answered on other places in the forum already. The lack of time has kept me away from being more active lately and the searches I've been able to pull up haven't been too specific on the 360 version imo.

underbound

If its at a decent price go for it.
1.I think it fixed it,not sure
2.To me every mode was good,but escape was a little too hard imo. You can play any mode offline but by yourself.
3.I havent bought any dlc except what I got in my collectors an preorder.
But it still faces problems with me. But its still fun to play .

PVTDukeMorrison

1. I don't think the screen tearing is a problem anymore, but I have to double check

2. What underbound said, finding games on the standard escape maps is easy

3. If you join in on game night, the movie map pack usually fills up pretty quick, cant say the same if you're playing on your own

A word of advice, get bug hunt if you buy the game

Ash 937

Thanks for the advice.  How many maps are available for Bug Hunt on the 360?

If anyone can confirm if the screen tearing issue is, in fact, fixed it would be greatly appreciated.  If A:CM is a mediocre game at best, I wouldn't want that to get in the way.

I recall reading that one more DLC is suppose to come out for the game.  Any idea of what that might be and when it comes out?

PVTDukeMorrison

Its looking like campaign DLC, probably for Hicks, also there's 3 bug hunt maps in total

-Tribute (Hadley's Hope pre-detonation)
-Mercenary (Research station by the Derelict)
-Broadside (U.S.S Sulaco ) 

predxeno

The last DLC is an add-on to the single player campaign and will come out by August latest.

Ash 937

Sounds interesting...

The game would have to be pretty cheap though to warrant a purchase from me.

Based on this thread, I feel like I'd have to buy the game and a few of the DLCs just to get a half-way decent experience out of it.  It might be worth it if the game drops down to less than $20 soon...but I think the cost of the overall game would get pretty expensive with the DLCs I would need and I'd prefer to keep the whole thing near $40 at the most.   

Right now, A:CM is $34.99 on Amazon.  By comparison, Dead Island is $18.85 on the 360.  I'm sure A:CM will drop to that soon...hopefully you guys will still be playing online when that happens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed