SEQUEL NEWS: Fox Struggling with Hiring Writers

Started by Gazz, Mar 27, 2013, 05:50:54 PM

Author
SEQUEL NEWS: Fox Struggling with Hiring Writers (Read 61,120 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Vickers on Mar 29, 2013, 04:18:49 AM
...They will find a way to involve a whole new crew...

While its a bit 'Star Treky', I still think it'd make more sense if any other 'human' contact Shaw and David have during the film doesn't come from Earth or any Earth-based colony, but rather an entirely different planet also seeded by the Engineers.

Cvalda

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 29, 2013, 04:21:25 AM
While its a bit 'Star Treky', I still think it'd make more sense if any other 'human' contact Shaw and David have during the film doesn't come from Earth or any Earth-based colony, but rather an entirely different planet also seeded by the Engineers.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 29, 2013, 04:28:29 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 29, 2013, 04:21:25 AM
http://superstarshealthsecrets.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Woman-with-gun-to-head2-300x199.jpg

Before you pull the trigger, at least take into consideration that they could be a bit biomechanical or, uhhh, something...

Yeah, I got nothin'.

Cvalda

Spoiler
:P
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Just gimmie a tapir in the sequel, dammit.

Cvalda

Nightmare Asylum

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 29, 2013, 02:37:11 AM
Yes.  Every awful, drearily cliched, derivative second of it.
:laugh:

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

At least this movie is moving for once unlike Predators 2  ::). Good to see that Fox is trying to get a sequel to happen soon. I bet 2016 could be possible since 2014 is too soon and 2015 has too many major films coming out.

Dill-On

There is no hope for this movie...

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 29, 2013, 04:32:31 AMJust gimmie a tapir in the sequel, dammit.

Dude, be thankful. Those things are terrifying.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 29, 2013, 01:17:02 PM
I'm never gonna see a tapir...

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 29, 2013, 01:48:56 PM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 29, 2013, 01:17:02 PM
I'm never gonna see a tapir...
The cleanup on them's a nightmare.

Bat Chain Puller

Structurally my mind visualizes the Prometheus sequel (as the continuing adventures of Shaw and David) as a much MUCH different kind of film than either Alien or Prometheus. I can see it being very difficult selling a film where the first 25 minutes are spent fleshing out how a human and a robot co-exist on an alien spacecraft in route to destination unknown.

The situation lends itself to being more cerebral with all sorts of messy emotional implications including but not limited to human/robot sexual deviations. (The actors themselves are no strangers to stressful, tense, even awkward sexual scenes.)

You've lost a bunch of the audience already ... but the remaining hour and a half should be a dissent into bio-mechanical madness. A sort of H.R. Giger fever dream that borderlines on the obscene but still clings to it's spiritual thread from Prometheus.

I don't want to see Avatar with Engineers. Or Aliens vs Predators Engineers. But I can see how in the wrong hands something like that could get the go ahead to grab that cash.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed