PlayStation 4 Discussion Thread

Started by Space Sweeper, Feb 21, 2013, 11:58:53 AM

Author
PlayStation 4 Discussion Thread (Read 67,570 times)

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Quote from: Razz on Dec 17, 2013, 03:15:44 PM
Quote from: Xenoscream on Dec 17, 2013, 12:40:49 PM
Hey guys,

I'm 100% down to get a PS4 - I'm stuck with Sony since the PS1 (FF7 sealed my loyalty) and they've always been good to me. But here's the thing, although I want one right away (when I get an idea in my head it's very hard for me to resist) I still have a couple of games from this gen I NEED to play... namely:

Last of Us
Beyond 2 Souls (LOVED heavy rain)

If I knew LoU would end up on PS4 I'd make the move sooner... issue is I think the PS3 will go in a box when I make the move.

So when do you think I should do it, I mean out of the launch titles Killzone is looking like it would be my game of choice, how good is it?
I wouldn't rush for a PS4 right now (also because they are hard to come by still), it's an amazing console and all that but it doesn't have any games that you could call system sellers.

Killzone is one amazing looking game but it isn't really memorable gameplay wise...not saying it's bad, but a 7/10 type of game with some truly amazing visuals. Battlefield 4 and Assassins Creed are the only other titles I'm putting some serious amount of time into.

Pick up TLOU and Beyond and wait till around March when supply is healthy...as in you can walk into a store and pick one up without having to worry about pre-orders and stupidly insane bundle options and also games like Metal Gear and Infamous are out.

Sounds like the best option tbh.. just need to try and put the ps4 out of my mind until then!

Razz

Razz

Just got Need For Speed to scratch that racing itch, now the long wait for Thief in February.  :-\

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Beyond 2 Souls is a great conclusion to the sadness trilogy of David Cage's overhyped games with little to-no choice, irrelevent subplots and main plot so convoluted it makes AVP:R look good.

Play Heavy Rain once then hope David Cage's "shiny" wears off and he goes out of business.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I think I'm one of the few that liked Heavy Rain, though their is one plot point that made me call bs immediately on my playthrough the first time I played it.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Heavy Rain was an incredible experience. I think it's the most original game I've played in the past decade.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 27, 2014, 12:20:43 PM
Heavy Rain was an incredible experience. I think it's the most original game I've played in the past decade.

The game is bad and you should feel bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe-SpjInztQ#ws

Here, they do an entire series on all three David Cage games and why they are garbage.

They're funny and informative.

Raku

Raku

Just got the PS4 today. Unfortunately I don't have any games, but I did mess around with DC Universe Online for the first time today, and man is that Character Creator buggy (couldn't change colors)...

Also watched someone (possibly from Japan) stream Contrast while I waited for DCUO to download/install/update.

First real game I want to get for it is Watch Dogs.

I don't know if anyone wants to add me or not, but my PSN is MySummerJob (same for my Xbox 360 gamertag).

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Jan 27, 2014, 04:38:26 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 27, 2014, 12:20:43 PM

The game is bad and you should feel bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe-SpjInztQ#ws

Here, they do an entire series on all three David Cage games and why they are garbage.

They're funny and informative.

No.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Didn't like heavy rain but at least it tried to be different and accomplished it

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Ummm yes, all of David Cage's games are tripe.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

No.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 04, 2014, 02:36:42 PM
No.

There is no less than three near-rape scenes in Beyond and he turned a mental Asylum (Which was meant to be taken seriously) into Arkham, which is ridiculous in his first game in which the menu is so pretentious as to say "Play Movie."

And lots of stuff in Heavy Rain makes Zero sense.

David Cage is a goddamn Hack.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I've only played Heavy Rain and I thought it was the best game of 2010. It was original, creative, different, and fully immersive. In an industry filled with rip-offs and sequels, Heavy Rain stands out quite easily.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Different while not equalling bad, does not equal good.

And I've seen plenty of games like Heavy Rain done better beforehand.

Pretty much every story-focused RPG comes to mind.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Mar 04, 2014, 04:16:43 PM
Pretty much every story-focused RPG comes to mind.
Examples? The game that has it down perfectly is the Walking Dead Telltale series.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed