PlayStation 4 Discussion Thread

Started by Space Sweeper, Feb 21, 2013, 11:58:53 AM

Author
PlayStation 4 Discussion Thread (Read 67,566 times)

Rong

Razz

Razz

Brother managed to get a PS4 with 3 games (BF4,AC4,Killzone) on a first come first served basis at Asda in the morning, totally surprised me this with it considering all the talk on how insanely difficult it is to get one now.

Amazing console, loving the design, the DS4 and the UI. ;D

Gazz

Gazz

PS4 arrived yesterday with three games (Killzone, COD:G and BF4).

I'm enjoying Killzone so far although it's pretty much a fantastic looking tech demo and way too linear. It has made me excited for what we might see on the Playstation in future and the kind of scope the system could open up on less linear games. Still, it's fun enough regardless.

I've only played an hour of COD:G and although there is a noticeable improvement with the new engine it doesn't feel like too much of a leap from the last generation. But considering this game is on two different generations of consoles, I guess that is to be expected.

Haven't played BF4 yet.

Had some issues trying to connect to Playstation Live and signing in. It's fine now but I don't think sony's servers could cope with the amount of traffic they were getting.

Vepariga

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Ps4 came out on friday and my mate tried to take it back when the screen froze everytime he turned it on. told he would have to send it back to sony who then said he have to wait two weeks to get it back. sony support 'ey!

Hubbs

Hubbs

So what's happening on this front? seems quiet, I read it was delayed and out of stock in places, true?

Quite honesty so far I haven't read anything too positive about either machines.

xeno-kaname

Coworker said Wal-Mart was going to try to keep them in stock from the 15th and on. A Wal-Mart near here put up 4 today and he went and bought 2  :laugh: One was in my trunk for a while. Wanted it so bad.

It's been pretty quiet. Haven't heard much negatives or positives.

Razz

Razz

Quote from: Hubbs on Dec 13, 2013, 03:45:25 PM
So what's happening on this front? seems quiet, I read it was delayed and out of stock in places, true?

Quite honesty so far I haven't read anything too positive about either machines.
The console is pretty hard to come by...as in next to impossible(UK here), the only way you can get one is with the super expensive bundle options with some stores (Game for example) and places like CEX I have only seen 2 in a store once along with 3 Xbox Ones and they went upwards of 550 Pounds, they were sold out shortly after.

Xbox ones are still hard as nails to find aswell.

As for Positives and negatives for both machines, I can only comment on the PS4 but I will be getting an Xbox One about half-way into the new year.

I love my PS4, it's an amazing piece of kit, design is nice, pad is amazing, UI is great and simple and it just feels like such a wonderful console but the games are obviously not there yet.

Killzone is amazing looking but isn't as good as the second game (I'd say on par with the third), Battlefield 4 is great but buggy as hell and Assassins creed I'm really starting to dig but I wouldn't miss much other than better visual fidelity if I went with the 360 version.

The closest game that I want is Thief but that ain't due till the end of February, Infamous is an end of March title.

In short, I'd say around the 1st or 2nd quarter of next year is when both these consoles will come into their own and later the proper true next gen games that are built around the hardware should start to make an appearance. 

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Its funny that the game I play on PS4 most now is Resogun instead of any of the other big launch titles.

Razz

Razz

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 15, 2013, 01:32:41 AM
Its funny that the game I play on PS4 most now is Resogun instead of any of the other big launch titles.
Addictive as hell.

Yeah both of these consoles have had weak launch line-ups, really wanted Watchdogs to come out. :-\

What is your name on PSN mate?

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: Razz on Dec 15, 2013, 10:20:22 AM
Addictive as hell.

Yeah both of these consoles have had weak launch line-ups, really wanted Watchdogs to come out. :-\

Yup, it was all about Watch Dogs for me and I was gutted to see it pushed back. Looking forward to MGS:GZ and Thief though. They're not too far away.

Razz

Razz

Quote from: Gazz on Dec 15, 2013, 10:46:45 AM
Quote from: Razz on Dec 15, 2013, 10:20:22 AM
Addictive as hell.

Yup, it was all about Watch Dogs for me and I was gutted to see it pushed back. Looking forward to MGS:GZ and Thief though. They're not too far away.
Thief, MGS:GZ and Infamous all near each other, oh yes. ;D

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Hey guys,

I'm 100% down to get a PS4 - I'm stuck with Sony since the PS1 (FF7 sealed my loyalty) and they've always been good to me. But here's the thing, although I want one right away (when I get an idea in my head it's very hard for me to resist) I still have a couple of games from this gen I NEED to play... namely:

Last of Us
Beyond 2 Souls (LOVED heavy rain)

If I knew LoU would end up on PS4 I'd make the move sooner... issue is I think the PS3 will go in a box when I make the move.

So when do you think I should do it, I mean out of the launch titles Killzone is looking like it would be my game of choice, how good is it?

Razz

Razz

Quote from: Xenoscream on Dec 17, 2013, 12:40:49 PM
Hey guys,

I'm 100% down to get a PS4 - I'm stuck with Sony since the PS1 (FF7 sealed my loyalty) and they've always been good to me. But here's the thing, although I want one right away (when I get an idea in my head it's very hard for me to resist) I still have a couple of games from this gen I NEED to play... namely:

Last of Us
Beyond 2 Souls (LOVED heavy rain)

If I knew LoU would end up on PS4 I'd make the move sooner... issue is I think the PS3 will go in a box when I make the move.

So when do you think I should do it, I mean out of the launch titles Killzone is looking like it would be my game of choice, how good is it?
I wouldn't rush for a PS4 right now (also because they are hard to come by still), it's an amazing console and all that but it doesn't have any games that you could call system sellers.

Killzone is one amazing looking game but it isn't really memorable gameplay wise...not saying it's bad, but a 7/10 type of game with some truly amazing visuals. Battlefield 4 and Assassins Creed are the only other titles I'm putting some serious amount of time into.

Pick up TLOU and Beyond and wait till around March when supply is healthy...as in you can walk into a store and pick one up without having to worry about pre-orders and stupidly insane bundle options and also games like Metal Gear and Infamous are out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed