Randy is back

Started by 9th_Stew, Feb 15, 2013, 03:08:27 PM

Author
Randy is back (Read 59,876 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

And now he's acting the persecuted victim on Twitter.  What a coward.

Paladinrja

Paladinrja

Why, whadid he do now? last I read he had this msg up saying personal attacks and threats would be banned. Is it sill that?

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you Randy, I'm not listening to anything he says again when its about fans and giving a good quality game.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I'm just curious as to whether or not we'll even get an acknowledgement from anyone in charge, anywhere, of the game's critical f**king failure and obvious mishandling.

I'm still having a lot of fun with the damn thing, but if we don't even get a simple "well, some mistakes were made" then we've taken this corporate-consumer relationship to a new and terrifying level.

Terrifying for the corporations, I mean. ;)

Funny thing, they don't even have to come out and say they f**ked up. You can easily be political about it, especially in light of Sega not allowing any more delays and the studio-swapping and game rewrites. They've already got preloaded excuses, just have to man up and salvage something by acknowledging that your customers and the industry aren't oblivious morons.

I just don't understand why a fan of the series that Randy appears to be would put his face and name all over this title, for months on end, and not only promote it, but hit every Aliens fans hot red buttons and claim it's going to be the goddamned end-all holy grail milestone to Aliens perfection that we've been waiting for for a goddamned decade.

He has to be interested in salvaging his credibility, at least? Or reconnecting with his customers, or something.

I mean, are they just going to keep quiet and try and ride on the success of Borderlands? That's no way to plan for the future of any company.. rather self-destructive behavior, sacrificing long term credibility and customers for short-term massive gains (pre-orders, woot!) f**king psychotic Sega/Fox logic rat thar..

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Perfect scene for a voiceover:

And btw, the way he acts...he is more a WY fan than an Alien fan :D

Paladinrja

Paladinrja

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 15, 2013, 11:34:44 PM
I'm just curious as to whether or not we'll even get an acknowledgement from anyone in charge, anywhere, of the game's critical f**king failure and obvious mishandling.

I'm still having a lot of fun with the damn thing, but if we don't even get a simple "well, some mistakes were made" then we've taken this corporate-consumer relationship to a new and terrifying level.

Terrifying for the corporations, I mean. ;)

Funny thing, they don't even have to come out and say they f**ked up. You can easily be political about it, especially in light of Sega not allowing any more delays and the studio-swapping and game rewrites. They've already got preloaded excuses, just have to man up and salvage something by acknowledging that your customers and the industry aren't oblivious morons.

I just don't understand why a fan of the series that Randy appears to be would put his face and name all over this title, for months on end, and not only promote it, but hit every Aliens fans hot red buttons and claim it's going to be the goddamned end-all holy grail milestone to Aliens perfection that we've been waiting for for a goddamned decade.

He has to be interested in salvaging his credibility, at least? Or reconnecting with his customers, or something.

I mean, are they just going to keep quiet and try and ride on the success of Borderlands? That's no way to plan for the future of any company.. rather self-destructive behavior, sacrificing long term credibility and customers for short-term massive gains (pre-orders, woot!) f**king psychotic Sega/Fox logic rat thar..

I like this post.

I dunno, he seems like a good enough dude. If he came to my pub and put a dollar down, I'd still play pool with him.

I think that when all the ambient noise dies down he probably will provide an explanation. At the moment though, theres a few coo-coo's on the forums doing shit like "I live just down the road from them, might go down there" and some dumb f**k escalates it by trying to warn him off so he replies "I dunno man, I'm a pretty big guy, not much can stop me until the cops get there I can have my way"
I dunno, sound like a receptive crowd to you? - I mean the question sincerely.

I wasn't in the A:CM community forum long, but they had a nice little gathering there for a long time. Feel sorry for them.
Every f**kwit that comes into the forums just wants to trash the place coz they can, the gripes are well and truelly doccumented.

In comparison, I went to the Ubisoft forums to see what all the fuss there was over the new Rayman game. Every single poster spewing vitriol and voting with thier wallets providing e-reciept cancellations are in one nice neat huge thread.

The A:CM forum looks like a f**king home invasion. Just wanna throw a detpak inthere and see who comes out. haha

acidpits

acidpits

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 15, 2013, 11:11:27 PM
Randy is a tough case for me. I want to believe that there really is a guy in charge who is such a fan of the series as I am. The kind of guy who I could sit with and just talk the nuances and details of the Alien universe. Like we do around here with every facet of the franchise...

...But he pulled that same kind of schtick with Duke Nukem Forever. "We can't let the Duke die... For the fans!" Ya know. Those were his words! So he's making this a bit of a habit.

It's marketing speak, he's done his job fantastically in what we used to call 'the age of dialogue' in the agency I used to work for. He's pretended to be your friend like most products in the digital age try to do and he succeeded.

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

"It's marketing speak, he's done his job fantastically"

Gearbox' reputation is damaged and people will hesitate to buy their games in the future.
Not even talking 'bout Randy's reputation haha ...
As a hit and run job, a singular deal it would be perfect for sure :D

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Darkness on Feb 15, 2013, 10:19:54 PM
What's wrong with the guy? Doesn't seem to have any kind of remorse at all. Doesn't even seem interested in explaining anything.

That's because he has a long history of acting that way.

http://www.gamefront.com/gearboxs-randy-pitchford-reviewers-who-dont-like-duke-nukem-forever-will-be-held-accountable/

Just read it. It'll be exactly the same here.

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Feb 16, 2013, 12:15:23 AM
"It's marketing speak, he's done his job fantastically"

Gearbox' reputation is damaged and people will hesitate to buy their games in the future.
Not even talking 'bout Randy's reputation haha ...
As a hit and run job, a singular deal it would be perfect for sure :D

If that didn't happen after 'Duke Nukem Forever', it'll never happen.

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Well, with DN:F they had the excuse that it wasn't their baby. Won't work a second time i hope.
That's why it will take a while for an official statement, they have to make up a really good story.
I'm curious if Randy is already looking for a new job...iraqi minister of information maybe.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Feb 16, 2013, 02:31:23 AM
Well, with DN:F they had the excuse that it wasn't their baby. Won't work a second time i hope.
That's why it will take a while for an official statement, they have to make up a really good story.
I'm curious if Randy is already looking for a new job...iraqi minister of information maybe.

Doesn't change the fact of how Pitchford hyped the game like there was nothing wrong with it and, even in the aftermath, was still not only saying exactly the same, but saying that reviewers would "be held accountable" by their readers for trying to destroy it.

Or of how he was comparing it to 'Half-Life 2'. No matter how you spin that, it's still either ridiculous for hyperbole or hilariously delusional.

There's no reason to think he'll behave any different with this product. Especially with it being so soon after. The most we'll get out of it is in taking bets at how bizarre his next statement will be when he doubles down on his remarks, rather than being honest.

Seriously, just look at the stuff he said about DNF after it was savaged by just about everyone. Supplant him mentioning that name with 'Colonial Marines'. It'll be exactly what happens.

Either that or he'll say that everyone was holding it to a standard 'no developer' could ever have delivered, that everyone was criticising trivial things and that - hey, look over here! Look at the shiny 'Borderlands 2' monkey! Let's talk about that, instead!

It doesn't matter how nice he comes across in person. Uwe Boll does, too, in some interviews he's done. Doesn't change the fact that he's delivered some of the worst movies in film history.

Remember Pitchford's recent speech where he said he trained himself in the art of being a sleight-of-hand magician. That's what you need to keep in mind. Misdirection is something he's well-versed in. He's just more vocal about doing it than most, that's all. Like Xhan said, nobody's innocent in this.

Paladinrja

Paladinrja

Pitchford, with the full willing participation of games media, whom did most of the Hype I might add. Fairs, Fair.

MichaelMyers

MichaelMyers

What a f**king professional.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

It was 'Requiem', all over again. The same eagerness to dismiss healthy scepticism as 'hate'. Jinxed fingers always get burned when that happens.

I'm finding their disrespectful comments of, "Our game will make you appreciate 'Alien 3' a lot more," are apparently turning out to be true in a completely different way than they intended, for a lot of fans.

Karma in action.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 16, 2013, 04:58:33 AM
It was 'Requiem', all over again. The same eagerness to dismiss healthy scepticism as 'hate'. Jinxed fingers always get burned when that happens.

I'm finding their disrespectful comments of, "Our game will make you appreciate 'Alien 3' a lot more," are apparently turning out to be true in a completely different way than they intended, for a lot of fans.

Karma in action.

Yep, sucks that the Karma managed to take us down with him because we suffer the most for it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed