Your In-game Screenshots

Started by ikarop, Feb 12, 2013, 12:52:43 AM

Author
Your In-game Screenshots (Read 5,970 times)

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Awesome photos ;D

EvilPraetorian

EvilPraetorian

lol thanks,  I do try :P

The Runner

The Runner

"Okay, to start off our exercise of the day, stretch out those legs. Take a deep breath and let light energy flow through to your heart."

"Whoops, sorry, I forgot to clean that up."

"Da fuq do we do know?!"

"Where are you Christmas, why can't I find....."

"Ohai, Imma peekin at you on diz spece rock"

"This is madness.....NOOO, THIS IS ACHEROOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN!!!!!!"

Sorry, I had to. :P

cplhicks27

cplhicks27

Not sure which section to look for the answer to this question but here goes.  How do you take in game screenshots in Aliens: Colonial Marines?  Thank you in advance!

ikarop

ikarop

Press F12 while playing (that's the default key on Steam for taking screenshots). If you want super high-res screenshots:

QuoteHow to Take High Res Screenshots

UE3 can generate screenshots at any size that are a multiple of the screen resolution (or window resolution if the game is running in window mode). The command Tiledshot does this by rendering the game frame multiple times, one tile at a time at full resolution and concatenating all tiles into a single image file.

To enable this function:

Open the file BaseInput.ini with the note pad. You can find this file in Steam/SteamApps/common/Aliens Colonial Marines/Engine/Config.
    Add Bindings=(Name="F6″,Command="tiledshot 4 128″) under General bindings. (Don't copy paste this string from here as WordPress messes up with the ")
    Save the file, you're done.

How to use it:

While in-game, press F6 to take a screenshot.
    Wait until the high res image is rendered.
    Screenshots can be found in my games/Aliens Colonial Marines/PecanGame/ScreenShots

To increase the resolution of the screenshots, change the value after tiledshot to 6. This means the screenshot you take will be 6×6 times the screen resolution.

cplhicks27

cplhicks27

Thanks ikarop that worked, appreciate the help!

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

EvilPraetorian

EvilPraetorian

Quote from: cplhicks27 on Jul 10, 2013, 02:29:45 AM
Thanks ikarop that worked, appreciate the help!

Just remember,  If you choose to take high resolution shots,  You may see "Tiling" in your shots under certain conditions  ( Explosions / Heavy misting / Area's where a lot of post processing effects take place )

Here is a good example of how Tiling negatively impacts a high resolution shot.

You'll notice that the image is made up of multiple rectangles which is basically how the tiled shot command works.

So if you want to be sure the images look fine,  I would alt-tab out if necessary and open up the resulting bitmap and see if you can see any obvious tiling,  Even less obvious tiling will still be visible,  You'll have to play with certain angles to find an angle where the tiling isn't too bad and doesnt affect the final image.

EvilPraetorian

EvilPraetorian

Stasis Interrupted DLC : Mission One

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed