Ronald Shusett slams Prometheus as "a major disappointment"

Started by Cvalda, Jan 08, 2013, 08:26:27 AM

Author
Ronald Shusett slams Prometheus as "a major disappointment" (Read 15,910 times)

Virgil

Virgil

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jan 14, 2013, 10:21:45 PM
Quote from: ScardyFox on Jan 14, 2013, 07:41:11 PMI have never seen or read anywhere that Fox had a hand in the script. Can you show me something that says Fox had a hand in the re-writes. I have literally never seen this anywhere.

Nowhere on the Blu-Ray is this suggested either. It's rumors at best.

It's there in the Blu Ray, Chris.

For now though, as I'm away from home and I can't get to it to confirm exactly where it's at, I'll have to leave it at that. 

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: ScardyFox on Jan 14, 2013, 07:41:11 PM

I have never seen or read anywhere that Fox had a hand in the script. Can you show me something that says Fox had a hand in the re-writes. I have literally never seen this anywhere.

You must have missed my post a couple of pages back. Here's Spaihts on the change in direction between his and Lindelof's draft and the subsequent removal of the xeno/ultramorph:

Quote"A lot of that push came from the studio very high up; they were interested in doing something original and not one more franchise film. That really came to a head at the studio - the major push to focus on the new mythology of Prometheus and dial the Aliens as far back as we could came down from the studio. So one of Damon's major jobs when he came onboard was to replace the menaces of the xenomorphs with other things. "

http://www.empireonline.com/interviews/interview.asp?IID=1563

ChrisPachi

There it is.

Quote from: Virgil on Jan 14, 2013, 11:44:19 PMIt's there in the Blu Ray, Chris.

I don't remember anything about it - which part was it in? Damn this memory. :P

MrBrokenTusks.

There is two blu-rays, the normal one with a couple of things and then the one with quite a lot of stuff.

DoomRulz

Quote from: Gazz on Jan 14, 2013, 11:49:59 PM
Quote"A lot of that push came from the studio very high up; they were interested in doing something original and not one more franchise film. That really came to a head at the studio - the major push to focus on the new mythology of Prometheus and dial the Aliens as far back as we could came down from the studio. So one of Damon's major jobs when he came onboard was to replace the menaces of the xenomorphs with other things. "

http://www.empireonline.com/interviews/interview.asp?IID=1563

Well hopefully the material he wanted to use makes it into a film somehow.

episodenone

Disagree with Shusett -- because, well -- I'd go the very first day AND I loved Prom.

Opinions are like @$$____'s  -- everyone has one.

Let's see here... Shusett's career vs Ridley's career.... hm?  Anyone?

Regardless -- Shuseyy is entitled to his opinion - he co-created the Franchise.

But "God" created the Bible -- and look what happened in the sequel to that farce?

SiL

Quote from: episodenone on Jan 15, 2013, 12:13:06 PM
Let's see here... Shusett's career vs Ridley's career.... hm?  Anyone?
Entirely irrelevant.

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: episodenone on Jan 15, 2013, 12:13:06 PM

But "God" created the Bible -- and look what happened in the sequel to that farce?

Besides this comment coming completely out of Left Field, I'm not sure I even understand it...and if I did, I think I might find it in poor taste.

SM

"Sequel isn't canon."- Jews

SiL

"Retcon!" - Christians

SM

"EU IS canon!" - Mormons

Cvalda

Deuterium

Cvalda,

Jennifer Chastain looks bad friggin' ass in those Aviators.  Nice avatar!

SM

* Jessica

I thought it was Eva.

Cvalda

Quote from: Deuterium on Jan 16, 2013, 05:54:28 AM
Jennifer Chastain looks bad friggin' ass in those Aviators.  Nice avatar!
See Zero Dark Thirty, Deuterium! It's great.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed