Aliens 2012 Trailer by me

Started by Fleshman, Dec 19, 2012, 11:04:24 PM

Author
Aliens 2012 Trailer by me (Read 2,106 times)

Fleshman

Fleshman

Hope you guys like it took me a few months on and off but I finally finished it.

You tube has messed up the timings a fraction i might try and see if I can fix it but it's almost unnoticeable but to me it's really bothersome so I might try and upload a slightly better one but for now this will do.

Take care and enjoy I am a Big Aliens fan and wanted to show it and Cameron some Love with this.

Peace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W857ys3BlRI#ws

Hudson

Hudson

Meh...I could do without the Lord of the Rings style epic score...and Good God man, don't ever put Avatar and Aliens in the same room together.

There was an updated Aliens trailer on youtube a while back that I can't seem to find that I used to really enjoy.

Fleshman

Fleshman

:( Thanks for feedback

Hudson

Hudson

Just being honest. I could've just said "Great job!" but that wouldn't really have been constructive.

Never say no to Panda!

Mhm, of course Aliens was more an action movie than horror but in this trailer i feel 0 horror...and i guess that's mainly because of the music, i could imagine that it would work better with something else ;)

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Quote from: Fleshman on Dec 19, 2012, 11:04:24 PM
Hope you guys like it took me a few months on and off but I finally finished it.

You tube has messed up the timings a fraction i might try and see if I can fix it but it's almost unnoticeable but to me it's really bothersome so I might try and upload a slightly better one but for now this will do.

Take care and enjoy I am a Big Aliens fan and wanted to show it and Cameron some Love with this.

Peace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W857ys3BlRI#ws

Well edited, just needed some better music. Besides that, good job bro ;D

Fleshman

Fleshman

Thanks man appreciate that, the editing did take me ages I was so persistent with getting it down with the tempo.

I really liked the Music and felt it fit because it was giving an Epic feel like a lot of todays modern Trailers, which also feature a variety of the same orchestral Music I think it's a nice change.  Also one of the reasons that I chose this music is that if you listen carefully it has Military undertones with the rhythm and tempo.

Just a shame been getting more negative than supportive comments, strange really, I been watching this film for more than 20 years now, so I know it inside out, and compared to a lot of film trailers these days I thought it could easily stand next to any of them like this, I guess I misjudged it, to me it's pretty epic and I put a lot of time and thought into it,  Like where you see Hudson do the Hand slap with Frost at the table and then point to the beat, I'm actually mad proud of that, and various other little segments that took me hours of testing and changing, lol doesn't matter just thought I'd share it.  But thanks for the criticisms.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Fleshman on Dec 20, 2012, 08:06:13 PM
Just a shame been getting more negative than supportive comments, strange really
Folk are just being honest about the music not feeling right. They're not meaning to slate you or your hard work. Tonally, the music feels off; it doesn't feel related to the gritty, tangible sort of visuals we're seeing on the screen. Both the music and the imagery are epic, but they're not compatible. Just my cents. Otherwise, we think it's great.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Hudson on Dec 19, 2012, 11:16:04 PM
Meh...I could do without the Lord of the Rings style epic score...and Good God man, don't ever put Avatar and Aliens in the same room together.

There was an updated Aliens trailer on youtube a while back that I can't seem to find that I used to really enjoy.

You're talking about this one ^^ because this one is really great 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu53cQq-QXI#ws

Hudson

Hudson

Eh...yeah that one has the same effect. There was one for Aliens that this guy made, but it seems he's removed it.

Quoteand compared to a lot of film trailers these days I thought it could easily stand next to any of them like this

See, that's the problem. Why are you using films released now as a reference point for making a trailer for a film from 1986? It just seems like you're trying too hard to make a trailer for The Dark Knight. And honestly, that style after 20 other trailers used it comes off as abrasive and just plain annoying to me. Aliens is my favorite film EVER. I'm 24, and I can't remember a time in my life when I wasn't watching it, so yes I'm going to be very straightforward in my response to people tampering with it, even with good intentions.

I respect your hard work because I did a fan edit of Alien 3 one time and it took ages, but your music choice here, no matter how long you labored, just does not fit with the film.

Fleshman

Fleshman

Quote from: Hudson on Dec 21, 2012, 07:03:47 PM
Eh...yeah that one has the same effect. There was one for Aliens that this guy made, but it seems he's removed it.

Quoteand compared to a lot of film trailers these days I thought it could easily stand next to any of them like this

See, that's the problem. Why are you using films released now as a reference point for making a trailer for a film from 1986? It just seems like you're trying too hard to make a trailer for The Dark Knight. And honestly, that style after 20 other trailers used it comes off as abrasive and just plain annoying to me. Aliens is my favorite film EVER. I'm 24, and I can't remember a time in my life when I wasn't watching it, so yes I'm going to be very straightforward in my response to people tampering with it, even with good intentions.

I respect your hard work because I did a fan edit of Alien 3 one time and it took ages, but your music choice here, no matter how long you labored, just does not fit with the film.

I understand what you're saying but honestly there are a lot of audiences out there who don't like the gritty style trailer and have been brought up on the newer style trailers that have been coming out over the last few years, this is mostly for them.

SM

SM

Quote from: Snowdog on Dec 20, 2012, 09:13:46 PM
Quote from: Hudson on Dec 19, 2012, 11:16:04 PM

You're talking about this one ^^ because this one is really great 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu53cQq-QXI#ws

That was sweet!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed