In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,416,504 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, it was a pretty incredible coincidence. We were going to go along to Cape Canaveral the day before, but put it off for whatever reason, and as a result we ended up there on the exact day of the shuttle launch, which had itself been delayed for several weeks for various reasons. Probably still got the home video of it somewhere. Was kinda crazy how few people were there to watch it, it was mostly just tourists. I guess it had become routine to Americans by that time.

Then, back in 2007, I happened to be in L.A. when the shuttle came in to land, and we heard the sonic boom of it passing overhead. I can see why Concorde never went supersonic over land.

Shinawi

Shinawi

http://news.yahoo.com/gunmen-attack-luxury-hotel-mali-capital-hostages-084238110.html
QuoteGUNMEN ATTACK LUXURY HOTEL IN MALI CAPITAL, 170 TAKEN HOSTAGE

By Tiemoko Diallo

BAMAKO (Reuters) - Islamist gunmen stormed a luxury hotel packed with foreigners in Mali's capital Bamako on Friday, taking 170 hostages in a former French colony that has been battling rebels allied to al Qaeda for several years......

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 20, 2015, 11:23:11 AM
Yeah, it was a pretty incredible coincidence. We were going to go along to Cape Canaveral the day before, but put it off for whatever reason, and as a result we ended up there on the exact day of the shuttle launch, which had itself been delayed for several weeks for various reasons. Probably still got the home video of it somewhere. Was kinda crazy how few people were there to watch it, it was mostly just tourists. I guess it had become routine to Americans by that time.

Then, back in 2007, I happened to be in L.A. when the shuttle came in to land, and we heard the sonic boom of it passing overhead. I can see why Concorde never went supersonic over land.

I'm not going to lie - I am immensely jealous of you. I think it's something that a lot of people are jaded towards these days. It's not as impressive to most people as it used to be.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, it's kinda sad how quickly people lose interest in things like that.

I re-watched Apollo 13 lately, and even in that they talk about how the media wasn't particularly excited for another moon mission until something went wrong, and that was less than a year after Armstrong stepped on the moon.

Hubbs

Hubbs

The US House of Representatives has passed a bill that tightens restrictions on the resettlement of Syrian and Iraqi refugees, amid security concerns. Nearly four dozen Democrats went against their president to support the measure. And Obama still won't accept it, majority vote and he wants to brush it aside, wow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34870724

From another source (link lost)

The bill would prevent refugees from Iraq and Syria from reaching US shores until background checks are implemented as part of the screening process for each refugee. It would also require directors of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Department of Homeland Security, and Director of National Intelligence to personally certify that each new settler would not be a threat to national security.

Such a step, Democrats argue, would be a logistical nightmare for department heads.

So there you go America, your safety, protecting your lives, simply boils down to being a logistical nightmare for the Democrats. Too much hard work, so just let them all in and we'll take the risk.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Nov 19, 2015, 08:16:48 PM
You also have to factor in the number that have been stopped in the UK. Reportedly several this year.
True there was a plot years ago about beheading a Muslim solider.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The simple nature of intelligence work means you'll basically never hear about it when they succeed and stop something ahead of time. By definition their work has to remain secret.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 20, 2015, 02:34:20 PM
The simple nature of intelligence work means you'll basically never hear about it when they succeed and stop something ahead of time. By definition their work has to remain secret.

Which is how it should be.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

What the hell, Pakistan gets its own disneyland?
http://tribune.com.pk/story/990886/lahore-to-get-its-own-disneyland/
sort this problem out first:

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Reminds me of how India was receiving millions in relief aid from Britain but still manage to start a space mission

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Nov 20, 2015, 10:33:11 PM
Reminds me of how India was receiving millions in relief aid from Britain but still manage to start a space mission
India has 29 states that are primarily domesticated economies which means they act more so as independent nations than states. Two of them are strong; where as the other 27 are for the most part 3rd world. Yea guess where all the "we're sorry" money goes too.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Nov 20, 2015, 10:33:11 PM
Corruption.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/427436/cultural-appropriation-authentic-food-racist?QRGs8GGHHyXF8SUa.01

Eating a taco is racist.

QuoteAccording to Social Justice Internet, it's totally fine to enjoy foods from other cultures — as long as you don't call the food "authentic," act like it's out of the ordinary, or forget to get upset about Islamophobia every time you eat hummus.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/427436/cultural-appropriation-authentic-food-racist?QRGs8GGHHyXF8SUa.01

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 22, 2015, 10:10:45 PM
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/427436/cultural-appropriation-authentic-food-racist?QRGs8GGHHyXF8SUa.01

Eating a taco is racist.

QuoteAccording to Social Justice Internet, it's totally fine to enjoy foods from other cultures — as long as you don't call the food "authentic," act like it's out of the ordinary, or forget to get upset about Islamophobia every time you eat hummus.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/427436/cultural-appropriation-authentic-food-racist?QRGs8GGHHyXF8SUa.01

#2015YearOfTheLiberalExremist
#EverythingIsOffensive2015
#BanEverything2015
#2015MostOffensiveYearEver
#OutrageCulture2015
#2015YearOfTheSJW
#2015IsRacist
#2015IsSexist
#2015RuinedByLiberalFanatics
#2015IsABigot
#YouPC2015?
#2015YearOfTheFeminist
#INeedMySafeSpace2015

etc...

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

#F**kPoliticalCorrectness

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed