In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,416,536 times)

Sabby

Sabby

Bah, not like she's intending or even capable of giving a response that isn't an accusatory dodge, so I'll just report her and leave it at that.

Besides, I have Watch_Dogs to play. Internet activism go!

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

This motherf**ker definitely felt entitled. I don't think it was male entitlement though. He was just a wannabe Patrick Bateman.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Blacklabel on May 24, 2014, 04:25:21 PM
OH MY GAHD SOMEBODY SAID SOMETHING WRONG ON THE INTERNET!

Let's gang up on them and ACCUSE THEM OF BEING WRONG. Because that's a horrible thing to be.
:laugh:

You two relax, will ya? Your butthurt is showing.

What's the problem in asking someone to explain their position?

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Sabby on May 24, 2014, 04:18:09 PM
Cut the persecution complex.
You mean the one you're waving around? :laugh:

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 24, 2014, 04:20:26 PM
That's a rather bold statement to make. I don't know what the frequency of shootings currently is in the U.S., but you'd have to provide some hard numbers to back that statement up. Also, you don't know what the mentality of every shooter is. Calling them entitled is a blanket statement.
Entitlement in the sense that their shootings are the results of their personal failures: school shootings (Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, etc), employment shootings, spree killings like this.

These spree killings are overwhelmingly male, and as Bat Chain already pointed out, are a result of natural male aggression. Combine that with a shitty, tanking economy that leads to increased social pressure and fewer opportunities, and unstable men lash out.

Quote from: Sabby on May 24, 2014, 04:30:12 PM
Bah, not like she's intending or even capable of giving a response that isn't an accusatory dodge, so I'll just report her and leave it at that.

Besides, I have Watch_Dogs to play. Internet activism go!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I would hesitate to say "natural aggression" only because this individual, along with the shooters at the shootings you mentioned, were unstable to begin with. I don't know that its necessarily because they're male. Unless I misunderstood you? Anyone can lash out. People just do it in different ways.

I wouldn't disagree with you though in that it all builds up due to the other factors though.

Cvalda

Cvalda

I didn't say necessarily, just that it IS a factor, and to deny or ignore that is being disingenuous.

Aspie

Aspie

they be taking down his videos now

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Aspie on May 24, 2014, 04:44:06 PM
Copies have been saved and samples will probably turn up in some shitty industrial band's songs one day :P

Aspie

Aspie

WAT has anyone seen the videos he uploaded in his channel?

Red flags, red flags everywhere .

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Aspie on May 24, 2014, 04:47:25 PM

Most of those were uploaded within the past 36 hours.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

He's showing a number of psychopathic - and especially sociopathic - red flags in that video. Certainly revealing an entitlement complex, but what he's got between his legs has nothing to do with it. He could have been female and given more or less the same speech. Mental instability doesn't discriminate.

I'm not sure what to think... The video looks overly rehearsed. Especially the false little laughs being given purely for dramatic effect. If it weren't for the news report, I'd have thought it was for an audition tape for a serial killer role or something.

I've got no problem with saying I'm in my thirties and in kind of a similar-ish position as him: Never had a romantic connection, felt horridly depressed about it in my teenage years, blah-blah-blah... Would have never have dreamed about making others suffer for it, though - if anything, I actively avoided confrontations. Now, many years on, I've since come to recognise a lot of my social issues are probably to do with having asperger's syndrome (since realising the symptoms fit, have begun the long-ass process of getting a diagnosis for it), but this guy just seems like he's full-on resentful/spiteful for the heck of it, which is a whole different kettle of fish.

The suffering angle is what I don't understand about these people. Didn't they ask themselves what possible difference hurting/killing others would make to their situations? If it was an impulsive thing, you could say it's brain chemistry and he just snapped, but if he had the time to put his thoughts down on video and upload them, he must have been entertaining this scheme for a while. And in all that time he didn't question himself how it would improve matters?

Then again, he's making a big arrogant deal about how he's "the perfect guy" and all, even though he's literally saying he's going to kill you, so... I'm guessing he probably had a whole host of mental issues, regardless.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cvalda on May 24, 2014, 04:40:28 PM
I didn't say necessarily, just that it IS a factor, and to deny or ignore that is being disingenuous.

I would deny it because the way I'm looking at it is, let's say this were a case of a woman murdering her child, i.e. infanticide. Would we say it's a case of natural female aggression?

Also, if this kid is indeed entitled, then he would've committed his crime due to lack, not abundance. If you already have everything you want, there's no need to go apeshit like this.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Aspie on May 24, 2014, 04:44:06 PM

There's already a couple mirrors of that video (as well as a few others) on Youtube and they will continue appearing on other sites.

Yup, even a dog in one of the videos sensed something off about him.
Quote from: Cal427eb on May 24, 2014, 04:50:47 PM

Most of those were uploaded within the past 36 hours.

A lot of them are re-uploads apparently.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 24, 2014, 04:54:37 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on May 24, 2014, 04:40:28 PM

I would deny it because the way I'm looking at it is, let's say this were a case of a woman murdering her child, i.e. infanticide. Would we say it's a case of natural female aggression?

Also, if this kid is indeed entitled, then he would've committed his crime due to lack, not abundance. If you already have everything you want, there's no need to go apeshit like this.
What do you mean if? He densely thought he was entitled.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 24, 2014, 04:51:49 PM
He's showing a number of psychopathic - and especially sociopathic - red flags in that video. Certainly revealing an entitlement complex, but what he's got between his legs has nothing to do with it. He could have been female and given more or less the same speech. Mental instability doesn't discriminate.
He could have been, but he wasn't. And there virtually never is a female ranting about how she's going to kill men for spurning her and then goes out and does it.

A Time article on the subject:
http://ideas.time.com/2012/07/24/the-overwhelming-maleness-of-mass-homicide/

QuoteThere's a predictable cycle of mourning and recrimination that follows a massacre like the shootings last week in Aurora, Colo. First come the calls for unity and flags flown at half-mast. Then the national fissures appear: the gun lobby stiffens its spine as gun-control advocates make their case. Psychologists parse the shooter's background, looking for signs of mental illness or family disarray. Politicians point fingers about "society run amok" and "cultures of despair."

We've been down this path so many times, yet we keep missing the elephant in the room: How many of the worst mass murderers in American history were women? None. This is not to suggest that women are never violent, and there are even the rare cases of female serial killers. But why aren't we talking about the glaring reality that acts of mass murder (and, indeed, every single kind of violence) are overwhelmingly perpetrated by men? Pointing out that fact may seem politically incorrect or irrelevant, but our silence about the huge gender disparity of such violence may be costing lives.

That's what I was commenting about.

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 24, 2014, 04:54:37 PM
Did you watch the video? He clearly states he's taking revenge on women and popular kids for denying him love and sex and "a life".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed