In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,416,378 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Sabby on May 11, 2014, 02:23:38 AM
Quote from: Gilfryd on May 11, 2014, 02:21:31 AM
QuoteThe list of grievances for MRAs is long. It includes the elevated rate of suicide for men, educational discrimination against boys, economic and workplace conditions for men, violence against men, false rape reporting, fathers' rights in custody battles, rates of male imprisonment and prison conditions, and the horrors of war. Many of these issues deserve a thoughtful response and the force of an organized movement for address them. It's too bad that's not what men's rights activists are offering.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Men%27s_rights_movement

That sums up things quite nicely.
:laugh: Sabby totally misses the last sentence: It's too bad that's not what men's rights activists are offering.

Sabby

Sabby

I saw that. I also never disagreed with it. MRA groups for the most part are a pile of shit.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Sabby on May 11, 2014, 02:26:57 AM
I saw that. I also never disagreed with it. MRA groups for the most part are a pile of shit.
Now who's full of shit?

Quote from: Sabby on May 11, 2014, 01:22:03 AM
By saying the MRM is not important, you are quite clearly saying that I should not have fair representation and treatment if I were to be treated unfairly for my gender.

Make up your mind. OMG STOP CHANGING THE GOAL POSTS SABBY

Sabby

Sabby

MRM, as in the Mens Rights Movement, is important. Majority of MRM groups, as in groups that advocate for Mens Rights, are shit. It's not difficult to understand Cvalda.

I did say I was gone, but I'd like to try once more to address your original claim before you changed it. You said that the MRA was unimportant.

QuoteThe list of grievances for MRAs is long. It includes the elevated rate of suicide for men, educational discrimination against boys, economic and workplace conditions for men, violence against men, false rape reporting, fathers' rights in custody battles, rates of male imprisonment and prison conditions, and the horrors of war. Many of these issues deserve a thoughtful response and the force of an organized movement for address them. It's too bad that's not what men's rights activists are offering.

Do you agree that the issues stated in the bold text deserve attention?

Please answer in a simple yes or no.

BANE

BANE

She's said yes before already.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Cvalda on May 11, 2014, 02:30:04 AM
Quote from: Sabby on May 11, 2014, 02:26:57 AM
Now who's full of shit?

Quote from: Sabby on May 11, 2014, 01:22:03 AM
By saying the MRM is not important, you are quite clearly saying that I should not have fair representation and treatment if I were to be treated unfairly for my gender.

Make up your mind. OMG STOP CHANGING THE GOAL POSTS SABBY
MRA groups =/= the MRA concept.

It's not that hard. He hates the players, not the game.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: BANE on May 11, 2014, 02:38:23 AM
She's said yes before already.

I may have missed that what with all the goal shifting. It quickly changed from questioning the need for the activism to the conduct of the activists.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: SiL on May 11, 2014, 02:38:34 AM
It's not that hard. He hates the players, not the game.
Except that the game is an invention of the players in this analogy.

Quote from: Sabby on May 11, 2014, 02:37:26 AM
I did say I was gone, but I'd like to try once more to address your original claim before you changed it. You said that the MRA was unimportant.
I did, and it is, because it addresses NONE of the problems it claims to. That seems to be your major misunderstanding and ignorance, is that you believe it does. None of those are Men's Rights issues.  Men's Rights is a misnomer like White Rights. The issues you bring up are far more complex.

Sabby

Sabby

Once again, are the problems highlighted in bold worthy of attention, yes or no?

Cvalda

Cvalda

Of course they are. And none of them are "Men's Rights" issues.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Cvalda on May 11, 2014, 02:42:23 AM
Except that the game is an invention of the players in this analogy.
Um, most games are invented by people ... playing ... the game ... ???

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: SiL on May 11, 2014, 02:46:12 AM
How many games have you invented? >:(

Sabby

Sabby

Horrors of war doesn't count as a male centered issue, even though most soldiers are male?

Custody battles doesn't count, even though (and you agreed to this) they heavily favor the mother over the father?

False rape accusations doesn't count, even though the majority of false rape reports target men?

The rest are up for debate, so I'll give you those, but I'd like you to explain why these three issues are not a male centered issue.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Cvalda on May 11, 2014, 02:47:30 AM
Quote from: SiL on May 11, 2014, 02:46:12 AM
How many games have you invented? >:(

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Sabby on May 11, 2014, 02:48:20 AM
Horrors of war doesn't count as a male centered issue, even though most soldiers are male?

Custody battles doesn't count, even though (and you agreed to this) they heavily favor the mother over the father?

False rape accusations doesn't count, even though the majority of false rape reports target men?

The rest are up for debate, so I'll give you those, but I'd like you to explain why these three issues are not a male centered issue.
The topic is not whether they are male centered issues. It is whether they are Mens Rights issues. The two things are NOT THE SAME. Mens Rights issues (note the capital letters!) are social topics cherry picked by a hate group to try and paint men as victims of societal oppression, usually by women.

Tell me, how do you think those issues compare to, say, not allowing women or blacks to vote, or segregation, or other legitimate civil rights movement causes? Because Mens Rights organizations are a right wing response to legitimate civil rights causes, and for you to label issues of soldier casualties, for example, as Mens Rights issues trivializes them by associating them with a hate group. It's not difficult to understand.

And yeah, custody battles are shitty, and false rape accusations are shitty too in the very rare event that they actually a) happen and b) lead to any actual legal consequences for the unjustly accused, but for you to harp on about them, a relatively uncommon phenomena when compared with, I dunno, REAL RAPE, which happens on a vastly more common scale, makes you kind of look a bit like a reactionary misogynist.

Yes, there are lots of bad things that happen to men, but for you to align them with and frame them in a debate as actually being addressed by Mens Rights hate organizations, or part of a widespread institutionalized societal bias against men in general, makes you look supremely ignorant.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed