In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,418,135 times)

TheLoneSpoon

HappyAlien

HappyAlien

Quote from: Rong on Jul 19, 2013, 12:34:56 AM

Just needs a heart transplant from Cali.

Nice looking car. I like how the front looks similar to the front of an Aston Martin or the Ed 209! what type of car is it?

Rong

Rong

Tesla model s

Rong

Rong

BANE

BANE

That's sexual assault that is.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Rong on Jul 22, 2013, 04:13:28 AM
http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/202172/mcdonalds-suggested-budget-for-employees-shows-just-how-impossible-it-is-to-get-by-on-minimum-wage/

LOL 'MERICA

Actually We arent much better over her to be honest with people on minimum wage keeping up with inflation.

*sigh* this is just plain sad. The worst part is that people can get jobs that pay better much better than minimum wage (private security, which is what I do as an example) but some folks aren't willing to put in the effort to get there. Again, as an example, in my job you have to be licensed and in order to do that, a test has to be written and time must be spent being trained by a security company.

Effectz

Effectz

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/202172/mcdonalds-suggested-budget-for-employees-shows-just-how-impossible-it-is-to-get-by-on-minimum-wage/

LOL 'MERICA

Actually We arent much better over her to be honest with people on minimum wage keeping up with inflation.

Morgan Spurlock Done a documentary about minimum wage in America.He and his girlfriend get minimum wage jobs and try live for 30 days,worth a watch,it's on Netflix.

Rong

Rong

What is this?! Another episode of the podcast merely a month after the last release?! Shocking, I know, but I’ve just uploaded the 11th episode of the AvPGalaxy Podcast:

This episode is a bit of an experiment as Dachande, RidgeTop and I attempt to host a podcast about Aliens – Colonial Marines whilst playing a game of Bughunt. We try to talk about the downloadable content and our impression months down the line. It includes a lot of Dachande and I abusing each other (he does a better job) and lots of swearing.

Please feel free to let us know what you thought of the episode on the forums! I hope you have as much fun listening to us as we did recording.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 24, 2013, 01:16:30 PM

LOL 'MERICA

*sigh* this is just plain sad. The worst part is that people can get jobs that pay better much better than minimum wage (private security, which is what I do as an example) but some folks aren't willing to put in the effort to get there. Again, as an example, in my job you have to be licensed and in order to do that, a test has to be written and time must be spent being trained by a security company.
Wait so you're telling us that you're better (off) then others because you passed a test and had a little bit of training? I assume you call that hard work, right? Minimum wage is an embarrassment in the Unites States and it's like that because of how we as a country show disdain for our fellow Americans who earn the minimum wage. Not everyone is motivated to take from others.

Not wanting to be appear as an ass but we as a country really treat people like shit who put in long hours and get shit pay as thanks. Hell many powerful companies don't even give the necessary hours to achieve full time and then tell the employee to beat it if they no like it. Many reasons abound but none the less we should ensure a livable standard for all. Even for those that do not share the idea of a greater self indulging purpose in life.

I'm mad because what you did is also what others here in the state of hawaii did. Passed a test, got training and made a little more money for it. However on July 1st the state changed the law and now require all security guards to be licensed, receive 8 hours of training and have a high school diploma or GED. The license part and training aren't a problem but good god why the hell must people have a GED? 2 People here, one who's 63 and the other who's 70 lost their jobs because of this and it wasn't because they did not work hard or know how to do the work. One had a severe industrial accident that all but crippled his musical and advance mathematical capabilities. The other person just can't workout the geometry and algebra on the GED tests. Sure to some of us Geometry is as simple as counting one, two, three but I don't see the relevance of demanding people who are long out of school to know it. The irony is that the state did this because of our 56% high school drop out rate. Private security can be a somewhat ok, fair wage job but not when the cards are staked against you.

Rong

Rong

Thing is someone has to do these minimum wage jobs, and it's more than a little dehumanising to have a minimum wage so low.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 24, 2013, 01:16:30 PMThe worst part is that people can get jobs that pay better much better than minimum wage (private security, which is what I do as an example) but some folks aren't willing to put in the effort to get there.
What I find to be ironic about this is how hard the wage slaves work. If they have the ethic to put together our meals while their boss is standing nearby with a stopwatch, I'm sure the effort you speak of is available, but they didn't think of directing it where you suggest.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 25, 2013, 09:04:31 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 24, 2013, 01:16:30 PM

LOL 'MERICA

Wait so you're telling us that you're better (off) then others because you passed a test and had a little bit of training? I assume you call that hard work, right? Minimum wage is an embarrassment in the Unites States and it's like that because of how we as a country show disdain for our fellow Americans who earn the minimum wage. Not everyone is motivated to take from others.

Not wanting to be appear as an ass but we as a country really treat people like shit who put in long hours and get shit pay as thanks. Hell many powerful companies don't even give the necessary hours to achieve full time and then tell the employee to beat it if they no like it. Many reasons abound but none the less we should ensure a livable standard for all. Even for those that do not share the idea of a greater self indulging purpose in life.

I'm mad because what you did is also what others here in the state of hawaii did. Passed a test, got training and made a little more money for it. However on July 1st the state changed the law and now require all security guards to be licensed, receive 8 hours of training and have a high school diploma or GED. The license part and training aren't a problem but good god why the hell must people have a GED? 2 People here, one who's 63 and the other who's 70 lost their jobs because of this and it wasn't because they did not work hard or know how to do the work. One had a severe industrial accident that all but crippled his musical and advance mathematical capabilities. The other person just can't workout the geometry and algebra on the GED tests. Sure to some of us Geometry is as simple as counting one, two, three but I don't see the relevance of demanding people who are long out of school to know it. The irony is that the state did this because of our 56% high school drop out rate. Private security can be a somewhat ok, fair wage job but not when the cards are staked against you.

I didn't mean to sound arrogant so I apologize if I did. All I meant was that, at least relatively, there are better jobs out there. People just need to look for them, assuming they do not have the necessary qualifications for high-paying corporate jobs that require a post-secondary education and such.

Quote from: maledoro on Jul 25, 2013, 11:47:45 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 24, 2013, 01:16:30 PMThe worst part is that people can get jobs that pay better much better than minimum wage (private security, which is what I do as an example) but some folks aren't willing to put in the effort to get there.
What I find to be ironic about this is how hard the wage slaves work. If they have the ethic to put together our meals while their boss is standing nearby with a stopwatch, I'm sure the effort you speak of is available, but they didn't think of directing it where you suggest.

True. Job coaching comes in handy in a case like that. But then again, I also think that if someone is serious enough about it, they will put the work in.

Gate

Gate

Cal427eb

Ghost Rider

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed