Started by steviemac, Nov 25, 2012, 01:36:02 AM

Author
2012 (Read 770 times)

steviemac

steviemac

Maybe its just me, but the best thing thats happened to the fictional movie world in recent years is your new batman series, the iron man movies, etc. New batman put us into a believable environment and we were able to buy into the human element of what was going on.

Would it not have been better if Prometheus had focused on the human element of such a situation ???

bleau

bleau

your opinion, I rather dislike the new batman movies especially the Dark Knight Rises.

Lie

Lie

What your asking for contradicts itself, how can a monster movie be scary if it's more realistic when monsters aren't realistic? I don't understand, give an example of what you mean?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I think what he means is that the Nolan Batman was mortal. He got injured and suffers for it throughout the series. The characters are also much more human and use their brain more than superhuman feats. For some reason I haven't bothered with iron man but I assume it's similar.

He's talking about a fictional universe so monsters are good to go. The Clover field monster was designed to be practical in regards to physics, I think, but many people think it was stupid. So he's not being contradictory.

I think it's fair to say if Prometheus focused on the human element it would have been a very long movie. Which is why humans were mere plot devices.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: bleau on Nov 25, 2012, 06:19:16 AM
your opinion, I rather dislike the new batman movies especially the Dark Knight Rises.
Amen to that.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: steviemac on Nov 25, 2012, 01:36:02 AMWould it not have been better if Prometheus had focused on the human element of such a situation

If there was ever a movie that was ill-served by focusing on human elements then Prometheus is that movie.

steviemac

steviemac

I think what i was trying to say was in say the Batman film (like it or not) weve moved away from the sort of comic book fakeness of the 90s films to a relatively realistic world. You have more of a feel for the people involved, the world they live in, etc. This ultimately lets you buy into the story a bit more, and in my case caring a bit more with whats going on. Prometheus should have been a perfect movie to explore that sort of thing, but in my case i couldnt care less what happened to any of them

The story is something that could potentially happen some day in the near future (obviously theres the problem we dont actually have any way of getting very far yet). It would be the biggest story that ever happened to mankind. And with that would come a lot of different thoughts, agendas, etc. Other than a lame attempt at Shaw's faith issues, the characters are all cardboard cut-outs.

Another thing i couldnt really understand is why the film had to be at the 2 hour mark. Theres loads of films these days that are 2 hour 30 minutes and with such a big blockbuster surely Prometheus and Ridley Scott would have had the clout to get more time. That extra 30 minutes could have made all the difference. And no directors cut was also strange.

bleau

bleau

Creating to much drama? Yes, we would feel for the characters more, but to much drama can make it bad also imo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed