The Official Anime Thread

Started by Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion, Nov 01, 2012, 01:07:22 AM

Author
The Official Anime Thread (Read 229,445 times)

Aspie

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Aspie, I'll give you a cookie if you actually discover who Jimi is without Cal helping you.

For those of you wondering about what I was saying about Kill la Kill's 'fanservice' as a major thematically relevant part of the series, read up:

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Nov 10, 2013, 05:08:45 PM
For those of you wondering about what I was saying about Kill la Kill's 'fanservice' as a major thematically relevant part of the series, read up:

Whether you like Kill la Kill or not, you really need to read and understand this.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

*reads the picture*

First of all, congratulations to who ever made that for not being able to spell Kamui. Second, you bold a quote but not even mention who said it? Citation missing! Third, why highlight blood? "But TDSA it is a reference to mensuration!" If it is it is lousy as all hell, that isn't exactly a voluntary bodily function, in this series the main Ryuko cuts herself (willingly, as in she does not have to) and said blood is absorbed by a parasite. A parasite that is living clothing, but a parasite nonetheless. This series is no allegory for anything other than emos should stop cutting themselves unless they want a f**king disease that can degenerate their brains and go on homicidal rampages. Either that or Trigger wanted to make a female version of Venom, who knows. Cooked up by the same people that thought FLCL was some puberty allegory or some junk like that.

/discussion

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

/TK

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

LOL

Gorgio TK

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

I miss TK. :( Speaking of Gainax related stuff:

The existence of Evangelion Unit 07 DOES INDEED EXIST! Now all we need is angel 11!

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Decided "f**k it", about to watch this Kill La Kill show. Hoping all this hype (Or Anti-hype) is true (Or false) and the show is good.

Okay.. So that first episode..

I truly have absolutely no idea what to think of this.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion on Nov 11, 2013, 02:11:18 AM
I miss TK. :( Speaking of Gainax related stuff:

The existence of Evangelion Unit 07 DOES INDEED EXIST! Now all we need is angel 11!
What is this from? I mean, I figured Unit 07's existence did indeed exist, but it hasn't even been shown before now, and is that Shinji wearing a Unit 09 plugsuit?

I think the thing that should be focused on here... is that this appears to be a look at 4.0. We really need to get this translated fast.

BTW, still think Unit 07 is going to be Toji's.

Quote from: KNIGHT on Nov 11, 2013, 03:16:53 AM
Decided "f**k it", about to watch this Kill La Kill show. Hoping all this hype (Or Anti-hype) is true (Or false) and the show is good.

Okay.. So that first episode..

I truly have absolutely no idea what to think of this.
WAT. Keep watching.

Edit on the topic of Evangelion... go to the Evangelion thread...

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Mothafukin Samurai Champloo.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :'( :( :) ;D 8) 8) 8) 8)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Man, where YOU been?!

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Livin' life, watchin' anime

On the other hand, Natsume Yuujinchou is f**king kawaii

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: JaaayDee on Nov 12, 2013, 12:03:10 AM
Livin' life, watchin' anime
Same deal.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed