Started by Valaquen, Oct 19, 2012, 03:40:59 AM

Author
Strange Shapes (Read 69,805 times)

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

It would still be a needless hassle.

SM

SM

So maybe it knocked him out.  We don't really know.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: SM on Dec 16, 2013, 10:49:47 PM
So maybe it knocked him out.  We don't really know.
A possibility.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Dec 16, 2013, 10:34:43 PM
Or simply that egg morphing isn't dependent on whether the flesh is living or not.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 16, 2013, 08:41:23 AM
I've always found it strange how the novels of Aliens and Alien 3 follow on from the film version of Alien (as opposed to its novelisation) and yet both mention the egg morphing scene.

ADF trying to tie everything together.  I don't remember Aliens mentioning egg morphing but Ripley does mention she's seen something similar to the hive.

I've never been able to reconcile that with Ripley asking "so who's laying these eggs?"  If she saw Brett and Dallas turning into eggs, she should already know the answer.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 17, 2013, 02:38:30 AM
Quote from: SM on Dec 16, 2013, 10:34:43 PM
Or simply that egg morphing isn't dependent on whether the flesh is living or not.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 16, 2013, 08:41:23 AM
I've always found it strange how the novels of Aliens and Alien 3 follow on from the film version of Alien (as opposed to its novelisation) and yet both mention the egg morphing scene.

ADF trying to tie everything together.  I don't remember Aliens mentioning egg morphing but Ripley does mention she's seen something similar to the hive.

I've never been able to reconcile that with Ripley asking "so who's laying these eggs?"  If she saw Brett and Dallas turning into eggs, she should already know the answer.
Depends on whether you consider Alien:The Directors Cut canon or a curio.

SM

SM

Ripley's line made perfect sense in 1986.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It did before I got online and every Alien fan in the world browbeat the notion into me that James Cameron was the Antichrist for ignoring a deleted scene from the previous movie.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

I'm sure there were plenty of casual viewers in the audience who didn't know about an obscure deleted scene from Alien so the reference would have passed them buy.Cameron wanted to make the sequel accessible to all viewers not just fans,so detailed knowledge of the original wasn't required to enjoy the film as a stand-alone piece of entertainment.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Tell that to the purists.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Let Cameron tell it to the purists, it was his idea to f$$k with the Alien's life cycle and invent the Queen.

SM

SM

Militant Alien purists are few.

And sad.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

How was Cameron f**king with the lifecycle if the scene he ignored was deleted?

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: SM on Dec 17, 2013, 03:17:06 AM
Militant Alien purists are few.

And sad.
Not militant,I don't mind the sequels,I just have a healthy respect for the original.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 17, 2013, 03:18:48 AM
How was Cameron f**king with the lifecycle if the scene he ignored was deleted?
A purist would have noticed.

SM

SM

You're not a purist.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

No more or less than you or any other poster on this forum.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed