What answers did we get from the Blu-ray?

Started by AlienĀ³, Oct 09, 2012, 05:18:36 PM

Author
What answers did we get from the Blu-ray? (Read 27,106 times)

Jonny05

I discovered the editing towards the end of this film was absolutely terrible, along with the plot :D

Spot the problems in this pic below...

MrSpaceJockey

The mercs?

BANE

The merc getting stabbed is the one helping Shaw later on in the film.

Darth Vile

Quote from: tmjhur on Oct 14, 2012, 05:36:56 PM
I think if there is a general lack of clarity throughout an entire picture then the writers and director are to blame and not the audience.

Maybe if they had have left in certain scenes which developed character motivations and reasonings then there would not have been the knock on effect of tearing the entire movie apart for it's lack of coherence.

in the voice of David... And if for the majority of people there is clarity, they like the film and leave the cinema feeling satisfied? What does that tell you about the minority who think their view is the absolute truth (even when reviews and box office state otherwise)?  ;)

Gazz

Quote from: Jonny05 on Oct 14, 2012, 06:31:56 PM
I discovered the editing towards the end of this film was absolutely terrible,

Although I enjoy the film quite a lot, the editing of the final act is truly horrendous. Scenes are in the wrong place completely, characters are destroyed by having their defining moments cut and it rushes a long at such a pace that it begins to trip over it's own feet. Since release I've really grown to appreciate Prometheus quite a lot actually, but the editing of that final act really shits the bed.

Valaquen

Quote from: Gazz on Oct 14, 2012, 07:10:28 PM
Quote from: Jonny05 on Oct 14, 2012, 06:31:56 PM
I discovered the editing towards the end of this film was absolutely terrible,

Although I enjoy the film quite a lot, the editing of the final act is truly horrendous. Scenes are in the wrong place completely, characters are destroyed by having their defining moments cut and it rushes a long at such a pace that it begins to trip over it's own feet. Since release I've really grown to appreciate Prometheus quite a lot actually, but the editing of that final act really shits the bed.
Ditto, as in I've enjoyed it more with every viewing, but the main problems still jar. This time though when it finishes I don't feel like I'm sitting in my own shit. The things I liked I like more, the things I disliked, I've made some sort of non-hostility peace agreement with  :P

Gash

Quote from: BANE on Oct 14, 2012, 07:08:04 PM

It isn't, but it might be the one behind Vickers. For a while I thought the one getting axed was the one also in the driving seat of the RV at the same time, but I don't know. It doesn't bother me much as the merc characters are fairly anonymous, good job too. I don't need to know if they've got family issues.

LarsVader

You know when you watch a movie many many times and at some point you start to recognize its little errors,
like continue errors, things in the background (like the waving guy on the Nostromo) and small cutting errors.
And once you have seen these tiny things they can't be unseen when watching the movie again.
Usually it takes a few viewings for me to pick those things up.

But in the case of Prometheus I've seen so much mess in the first viewing that a second viewing made me cringe.
I liked the movie as much as I disliked it, but that's another story.
But the editing in the third act is REALLY TERRIBLE! It's so obvious.

For example when Shaw escapes the Juggernaut hangar and talks to Janek over com;
Vickers can be seen getting up behind Janek, then there's a close up on her sitting and then getting up.
Such things where very irritating even in my first viewing.
They tinkered so much with the images in post and couldn't get rid of such things?

Whatever, the editing sucks imo.

Jonny05

"...mortal afterall"

What gave it away David, the fact that it WAS ALREADY DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

Film is infuriating.  I know I could just never watch it again, but as someone that would like to have a career in film it's annoying to see so many problems in a film that cost over $100million to make, it's interested to study films on this kind of level.

Meh!  :-[

Gash

The line is there to put a nail in the coffin of Shaw's belief. David takes a subtle dig at every opportunity.

Darth Vile

Quote from: Jonny05 on Oct 14, 2012, 09:19:09 PM
"...mortal afterall"

What gave it away David, the fact that it WAS ALREADY DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

Film is infuriating.  I know I could just never watch it again, but as someone that would like to have a career in film it's annoying to see so many problems in a film that cost over $100million to make, it's interested to study films on this kind of level.

That line of dialogue was lost on you and you want to get into film as a career??? Hmmm... sorry.  :(

BANE

Quote from: Gash on Oct 14, 2012, 08:21:37 PM
Quote from: BANE on Oct 14, 2012, 07:08:04 PM

It isn't, but it might be the one behind Vickers. For a while I thought the one getting axed was the one also in the driving seat of the RV at the same time, but I don't know. It doesn't bother me much as the merc characters are fairly anonymous, good job too. I don't need to know if they've got family issues.
The merc on the right, Gash.

Gash

Oh right. I'm blind in my right eye. There might be three of them.

Still. It's 2094. Cloning is rife.

BANE

Are you blind in your right eye?

Blimey. I'll                                                                                      Punch you
be sure to remember that                                                                in hell
next time.                                                                                      when we meet.

Jonny05

Quote from: Darth Vile on Oct 14, 2012, 09:36:38 PM
Quote from: Jonny05 on Oct 14, 2012, 09:19:09 PM
"...mortal afterall"

That line of dialogue was lost on you and you want to get into film as a career??? Hmmm... sorry.  :(

It's a completely unnecessary line and doesn't say something we (and the characters) already don't know.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed