how would you fix the aliens

Started by The Runner, Aug 29, 2012, 02:27:35 AM

Author
how would you fix the aliens (Read 10,991 times)

ikarop

ikarop

Next time take it to PMs people. No more flaming and spamming in this thread.

SM

SM

Quote from: Moosh89 on Sep 04, 2012, 01:48:48 AM
Quote from: SM on Sep 04, 2012, 01:39:02 AM
"My name is Moosh. Last survivor of the A:CM forum and I'm still searching."

Haha! awesome, although I prefer Ripleys version ;) hahaha

"My name is Moosh, Last survivor of the A:CM forum... signing off..." bahahahaha!

On topic, I would definitely change the running animation for sure and the acid blood colour. I think it needs more yellow and less green, the rest I am happy with!

I've yet to see a picture of the acid that I thought needed work.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Even this?

SM

SM

dafuq am I looking at?  ???

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Acid Blood everywhere!!!

SM

SM

Okay I take it back...

Is that really bad lighting or is it seriously supposed to be acid blood?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I made a huge f**king mistake. The Acid Blood looks fine. I'm looking at the trailer for Xenos VS Marines right now, and this scene is depicting the Acid spit. There's another scene that has someone shooting an Alien and the acid looks much better, even when splattered on the walls.

SM

SM

QuoteI made a huge f**king mistake.

Not really.  Whatever's in that pic doesn't look like acid spit either.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Pitchford: Canon.

SM

SM

*ptooey*

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I think the deal with the acid is it's just so visible, very bright, almost looks like a 2-D sprite but perhaps this is a compromise on including the acid, so the player could see it and possibly avoid it easier (or understand that it's dangerous since it's so damned bright.)

Dart frog theory, maybe?  I wish you could see more smoke coming from the acid burns; some of the shotguns had smoke effects when they fired that were quite cool.

As for the OP, I'd really fix that run.  I think the models are fine, barring those damned siptter sacks, but the run really puts me off.  Especially if you've got to see the damn aliens all the time because of the forced 3rd person.  That's one of those times when you really want to nail the model and animations to better sell the new experience to players. :laugh:  Especially after talking so much mad smack about how canon and accurate everything is.

Descending into anger level, must pull up.

SM

SM

Problem with the acid spit is that it won't be anywhere near it's film potency.  One gob would cripple the player, so it needs to be dialled down.  But if you run around copping gob after gob in the face, it'd start to get a bit comical...

FightFinda

FightFinda

Quote from: SM on Sep 04, 2012, 01:24:34 AM
QuotePredaker basically used a word that doesn't make sense. Fiasco...basically means disaster. I don't see any disaster ever having happened when dealing with the discussion of Drone/Warrior. If there was a disaster, I think we would all have known by now.

Predaker didn't - FightFinda did, and that's all I'm interested in clarifying.

My post mustn't have sent because I'm sure I already said that "fiasco" was a wrong choice of words as I was in a bit of a rush at the time, I apologise for the confusion but that was a tad overboard in my opinion. I was under the impression that it was generally considered that the Giger Alien was considered a 'drone' or scout-typed alien, whereas the faster, more gruff-looking xenos from Aliens were the 'warriors' of the species defending the queen and hive from threats. I didn't realise the 'warrior' type from Aliens was established to be the mature version of the Giger Alien; I was possibly thrown off by the similarly gruff and ridged looking heads of the Ressurection aliens. Perhaps that's incorrect, if so, fair do's no big deal.
Sorry to be flogging a dead horse but SM did request my clarification and I don't believe my post has flamed or offended anyone - not in my interest to be honest.

Let that be the end of it as as ikarop said flaming/spamming will get us nowhere :).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOT: Yeh the acid spit doesn't really bother me but I wouldn't mind seeing some of the mechanics first-hand, e.g. cooldown time, damage to health/armour etc. I also can't wait to see some updated xeno movement hopefully with a proper turn and strafe animation, however the attack and execution animations look spot on! I cannot wait! :D

By the way, did anyone else notice that objects/pickups we can interact with glow in a purple hue; one of those glowing pickups was an armour set which suggests that armour will be replaceable once it has reached a state beyond all repair, this corresponds with what I originally heard.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: FightFinda on Sep 04, 2012, 11:01:21 AM
I was under the impression that it was generally considered that the Giger Alien was considered a 'drone' or scout-typed alien, whereas the faster, more gruff-looking xenos from Aliens were the 'warriors' of the species defending the queen and hive from threats. I didn't realise the 'warrior' type from Aliens was established to be the mature version of the Giger Alien;
Not even that; Cameron said flat-out that the term 'warrior' was simply his term for the Alien as seen in the first film. He had scripted drones, but cut 'em out. The term didn't pop up again until the quite-spastic and erratic EU (games, comics, toys) started throwing it around.

FightFinda

FightFinda

Quote from: Valaquen on Sep 04, 2012, 11:27:10 AM
Quote from: FightFinda on Sep 04, 2012, 11:01:21 AM
I was under the impression that it was generally considered that the Giger Alien was considered a 'drone' or scout-typed alien, whereas the faster, more gruff-looking xenos from Aliens were the 'warriors' of the species defending the queen and hive from threats. I didn't realise the 'warrior' type from Aliens was established to be the mature version of the Giger Alien;
Not even that; Cameron said flat-out that the term 'warrior' was simply his term for the Alien as seen in the first film. He had scripted drones, but cut 'em out. The term didn't pop up again until the quite-spastic and erratic EU (games, comics, toys) started throwing it around.

Thanks for the clarification :) It makes sense now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed