There's no evidence for God.

Started by CarnalCalligraphy, Aug 19, 2012, 07:37:40 PM

Author
There's no evidence for God. (Read 29,258 times)

CarnalCalligraphy

CarnalCalligraphy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 23, 2012, 04:17:25 PM
Quote from: CarnalCalligraphy on Aug 23, 2012, 04:12:39 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 23, 2012, 04:10:16 PM
My God man, you ask a serious and legitimate question in the original post (whether your intentions were serious or not), only  to decide the thread is over to to your "pwnage"? What happened to "just wanting to understand"?

It disappeared when the responses became confrontational and argumentative.

You should have expected that from the get go, considering that the same exact thing happened in the thread you made only a few days prior.

Nobody "pwned" anybody. Everyone is just acting like a bunch of idiots, arguing over a topic in such a way where no one is going to change the other peoples' minds. Actually, its not even debating the topic anymore...the whole thread has been reduced to nothing but mindless insulting.

Please, lock this thread. Not for "pwning", but so that we can just move on and stop with the ridiculous insults.

I didn't begin this topic to debate. Why should I have expected that half of the forum's members would enter my thread and act like children?

chupacabras acheronsis

because you called them morons?

Nightmare Asylum

Just to clear something up, when I said "Everyone", I didn't mean every single person in the thread. that was just my way of saying that people on either side of the argument have brought this thread down.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

I like the ending of your opening post.

Quote from: CarnalCalligraphy on Aug 19, 2012, 07:37:40 PMBecause of this, I've concluded that there is no evidence for God. Help please?

Help please, it was so sincere sounding and you totally didn't sound like a sycophant at all. Honestly, you didn't.  ::)

CarnalCalligraphy

Quote from: ScardyFox on Aug 23, 2012, 04:18:49 PM
My God man, you ask a serious and legitimate question in the original post (whether your intentions were serious or not), only  to decide the thread is over to to your "pwnage"? What happened to "just wanting to understand"?

Actually, it disappeared one page 1 when you said:
Quote from: CarnalCalligraphy on Aug 19, 2012, 09:12:43 PM
Tell that to those who truly believe this abject nonsense.

Your little slip of the tongue instantly reveled what people said right off the bat. You're a troll with a preloaded opinion who just wanted to try and take an avenue to feel superior in some way. Thats why I never took any of this BS serious. It was so transparent it was laughable. People like you are laughable. This whole thing was laughable. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

See!? I can't call homophobia nonsense? What is this? And even after I admitted that saying that may have been a bit much, this guy continues to call me a troll. Repeatedly. This is childish behavior, but how old can you expect him to be after he misspells pownage and revealed in two consecutive posts.

As far I'm aware, there are no forum rules against Atheists expressing their viewpoints on this forum, but there are against insulting others and flaming. ScardyFox in particular is looking to provoke.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Quote from: CarnalCalligraphy on Aug 23, 2012, 04:20:59 PM

You should have expected that from the get go, considering that the same exact thing happened in the thread you made only a few days prior.

Nobody "pwned" anybody. Everyone is just acting like a bunch of idiots, arguing over a topic in such a way where no one is going to change the other peoples' minds. Actually, its not even debating the topic anymore...the whole thread has been reduced to nothing but mindless insulting.

Please, lock this thread. Not for "pwning", but so that we can just move on and stop with the ridiculous insults.

I didn't begin this topic to debate. Why should I have expected that half of the forum's members would enter my thread and act likechildren?

The only one acting like a child is you. I see in this thread you are constantly talking down people because you are a bully. Every time you comment you make it sound like you're the smartest person in the world who knows everything and that we're the dumb ones. That isn't fair bro, give everybody a chance to voice their own opinions and don't reject their views as being stupidity.

CarnalCalligraphy

CarnalCalligraphy

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Aug 23, 2012, 04:21:47 PM

...What?

Quote from: ScardyFox on Aug 23, 2012, 04:25:26 PM

Quote from: CarnalCalligraphy on Aug 19, 2012, 07:37:40 PMBecause of this, I've concluded that there is no evidence for God. Help please?

Help please, it was so sincere sounding and you totally didn't sound like a sycophant at all. Honestly, you didn't.  ::)

What are you talking about!? I can't ask for help?

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Aug 23, 2012, 04:28:16 PM

I didn't begin this topic to debate. Why should I have expected that half of the forum's members would enter my thread and act likechildren?

The only one acting like a child is you. I see in this thread you are constantly talking down people because you are a bully. Every time you comment you make it sound like you're the smartest person in the world who knows everything and that we're the dumb ones. That isn't fair bro, give everybody a chance to voice their own opinions and don't reject their views as being stupidity.

How have I talked down to anyone? Unlike nearly everyone on your side- since I started this thread, I might add- I haven't called anyone any names or implied that I'm any smarter than anyone... How can you say that about me when nearly everyone has been insulting my intelligence and calling me an arrogant atheist troll since I started this thread!? Wtf!?

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Quote from: CarnalCalligraphy on Aug 23, 2012, 04:28:45 PM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Aug 23, 2012, 04:21:47 PM

...What?

Quote from: ScardyFox on Aug 23, 2012, 04:25:26 PM

What are you talking about!? I can't ask for help?

Read closely. You state "Because of this, I've concluded that there is no evidence for God." then you ask for help. That doesn't make sense. What are asking help for?

How have I talked down to anyone? Unlike nearly everyone on your side- since I started this thread, I might add- I haven't called anyone any names or implied that I'm any smarter than anyone... How can you say that about me when nearly everyone has been insulting my intelligence and calling me an arrogant atheist troll since I started this thread!? Wtf!?

Now you know how we feel  :P You don't like what we are doing to you so stop what you're doing to us.

Aspie

Aspie

Long live this thread. :)

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: CarnalCalligraphy on Aug 23, 2012, 04:28:07 PM
See!? I can't call homophobia nonsense?

Sure you can call homophobia nonsense. Did anyone say it wasn't on this thread? I don't know why you're bothering with these strawman arguments.

Quote from: CarnalCalligraphy on Aug 23, 2012, 04:28:07 PMWhat is this? And even after I admitted that saying that may have been a bit much, this guy continues to call me a troll. Repeatedly. This is childish behavior, but how old can you expect him to be after he misspells pownage and revealed in two consecutive posts.

Lets be honest, the only reason you said it was a bit much is because you were getting so much flak from it. From then on nothing you did in attitude changed what "slipped" from your tongue. It was well clear you had a totally pre-loaded outcome in mind and it partially blew up in your face. At least have the guts to stick to the veracity of this rather then trying to brush it aside. You never had the intention of coming into this openly or in a benign manor.

Quote from: CarnalCalligraphy on Aug 23, 2012, 04:28:07 PMThis is childish behavior, but how old can you expect him to be after he misspells pownage and revealed in two consecutive posts.

Or rather it illustrates that I am mature/old enough not be bothered spelling words like that? I'll tell you what else makes me more mature then you if we're talking about this. I don't judge people because of these things. I believe in God but I don't think ill of people who don't. I don't think ill of people more intelligent then myself or less intelligent. In fact thats just disgraceful. I would never start a thread to try and illustrate my faux superiority at the expence of others - regardless if it was true or not. I judge a man by his merits - not by his beliefs. The irony is effing staggering.

You've got the gal to speak of maturity when you judge people who believe in a creator as (for brevity sake) stupid? You've got the gal to accuse others of being judgmental - in any form - when you started a thread everyone knew (believers and atheist alike) was for the sake of simply starting trouble and being judgmental yourself. You tried to veil it in understanding and openness but it was clear as day it was never your intention. You were "pwned" (or whatever the ef it's spelled) the second you decided to start this again.

You're not even close to being mature if thats how your mind works.

Quote from: CarnalCalligraphy on Aug 23, 2012, 04:28:07 PMAs far I'm aware, there are no forum rules against Atheists expressing their viewpoints on this forum, but there are against insulting others and flaming. ScardyFox in particular is looking to provoke.

I am not looking to provoke anything - the provocation is strictly on your head. But if you're going to paint broad strokes as you did in this thread I am going to chime in because I simply feel like it.

Quote from: Aspie on Aug 23, 2012, 04:41:03 PM
Long live this thread. :)

Long live ME!

Aspie

Aspie

QuoteLong live ME!

NO

RagingDragon

God just got

No, wait, wait, what the f**k?

How about evidence for God being all of humanity's inherently spiritual nature, with every civilization on Earth forming their own belief system, independently?  If you understand just how powerful they've discovered placebo effects can be through modern science: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Depression/story?id=117057&page=1, I'd say there's something to the argument that humanity might be able to 'create' some form of God, or effect some external change in the world based on an insanely devoted and powerful belief shared en masse and leveled at the universe.

There, is that a satisfactory derail/re-railment? :laugh:  Maybe it will chill out in here...

Lol, wait, I just got:

Spoiler
[close]

KirklandSignature

QuoteSee!? I can't call homophobia nonsense? What is this? And even after I admitted that saying that may have been a bit much, this guy continues to call me a troll. Repeatedly. This is childish behavior, but how old can you expect him to be after he misspells pownage and revealed in two consecutive posts.

As far I'm aware, there are no forum rules against Atheists expressing their viewpoints on this forum, but there are against insulting others and flaming. ScardyFox in particular is looking to provoke.

Homophobia is actually far from non-sense. It's an issue that is still prevalent in our society. Do you have something against gays too? I mean you've already insulted the religionists, I wouldn't move onto the gays unless you want a 100 strong force of gay men storming this forum to give you a piece of their mind.

chupacabras acheronsis

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed