X-Box One Discussion

Started by ShadowPred, Aug 06, 2012, 10:21:00 PM

Author
X-Box One Discussion (Read 151,575 times)

HappyAlien

HappyAlien

Looks like Sony have learned from the mistakes of the last generation, while Microsoft is creating new mistakes.
Do not have a clue why Microsoft is doing this they should just look back at the mistakes Sony made that pissed off the fan base. They went from clear number one to number three. So it will be very easy for Microsoft to go from a close number two to a distant number three this generation.

A bit of a shame really as i have been playing my Xbox more than my Ps3 lately do to preferring the Xbox controller  for FPS and playing online. But i still like to play offline, i like watching Blu rays but since this generation both consoles have blu rays it will not influence my decision.

MoonerSK

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Assuming everyone has a coffee table in front of their console....

Razz

Razz

Quote from: HappyAlien on Apr 29, 2013, 03:15:25 AM
Looks like Sony have learned from the mistakes of the last generation, while Microsoft is creating new mistakes.
It does seem like in the next gen the roles have reversed,PS4 being likely the dominant next gen format I mean whilst the next xbox seems to becoming the next PS3 (having loads of problems I mean). still, I'm waiting for May 21st and E3 before it becomes clear which console becomes the better choice for me.

WinterActual

WinterActual

The only mistake of PS3 was the fact it was ahead of its time. The cell processor was so advanced the devs are getting used to it just now. This resulted in many multiplatform titles being cut for the PS3 and left to 360 and PC only. Then the titles who were ported to the PS3 were poorly optimized for the Cell because its complex and time consuming job to reach its full potential. The multiplatform titles for PS3 are looking bad and they have technical problems of all sorts - low fps, freezing etc. All this is due to the complex of the Cell, the devs are using barely 10% of it and only the exclusive titles are showing its full power.

That was the mistake of SONY - they developed something brilliant, unfortunately most of the devs were lazy to learn how to use its full potential.

Now SONY are going mainstream with slightly enhanced PC processor made by AMD and this is a smart move because the games will be very similar to their PC counterparts (even the same in the start of the gen though).

First Blood

First Blood

Next Generation Xbox to Support Blu-ray

The next generation Xbox will allow consumers to play Blu-ray disc, play single-player games offline, and watch live TV. At least this is what our friends at Ars Technica appear to have been able to confirm after obtaining a copy of an internal Microsoft memo. The memo was apparently sent to all full-time employees working on the next Xbox.

Here's the text from the memo confirming that the Xbox will support Blu-ray playback which was published by Ars Technica:

"Durango [the codename for the next Xbox] is designed to deliver the future of entertainment while engineered to be tolerant of today's Internet. There are a number of scenarios that our users expect to work without an Internet connection, and those should 'just work' regardless of their current connection status. Those include, but are not limited to: playing a Blu-ray disc, watching live TV, and yes playing a single player game."

Microsoft will officially introduce the next Xbox during an event at the company's headquarters in Redmond, Wash., on May 21.
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=11082

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: First Blood on May 06, 2013, 11:17:24 PMThe next generation Xbox will allow consumers to play single-player games offline

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

Nightlord

Nightlord

So basically they've finally said that always online won't be a thing for this, good news.

Quote from: Vertigo on May 07, 2013, 12:21:20 AM
Quote from: First Blood on May 06, 2013, 11:17:24 PMThe next generation Xbox will allow consumers to play single-player games offline

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT.
;D

The Xbox Infinity, hmmm.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/465267/20130507/xbox-infinity-confirmed-name-new-microsoft-console.htm

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

360= O (full circle)

∞= OO

Mind= Blown

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Well shit. I can dig it.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: First Blood on May 06, 2013, 11:17:24 PM
Next Generation Xbox to Support Blu-ray

The next generation Xbox will allow consumers to play Blu-ray disc, play single-player games offline, and watch live TV. At least this is what our friends at Ars Technica appear to have been able to confirm after obtaining a copy of an internal Microsoft memo. The memo was apparently sent to all full-time employees working on the next Xbox.

Here's the text from the memo confirming that the Xbox will support Blu-ray playback which was published by Ars Technica:

"Durango [the codename for the next Xbox] is designed to deliver the future of entertainment while engineered to be tolerant of today's Internet. There are a number of scenarios that our users expect to work without an Internet connection, and those should 'just work' regardless of their current connection status. Those include, but are not limited to: playing a Blu-ray disc, watching live TV, and yes playing a single player game."

Microsoft will officially introduce the next Xbox during an event at the company's headquarters in Redmond, Wash., on May 21.
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=11082

Well, my interest just came back a bit. :)

Let's see if they announce any exclusives (aside from Halo :P) that excite me now...

Spoiler
MHF WESTERN RELEASE GODDAMN IT!!!
[close]

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: xeno-kaname on May 09, 2013, 02:03:38 PM
360= O (full circle)

∞= OO

Mind= Blown
What do they call the console after that then? The Alpha and the Omega?

WinterActual

WinterActual

There wont be "after" the new box. It will bring MS to massive failure and slow death.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Well I guess it's cool that a redditor guessed the name.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

They're getting set.

GameTrailers Stream: http://www.gametrailers.com/netstorage/xboxcountdown/live.html
They go live in about three hours.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed