Who's your favorite Weyland Industries founder?

Started by predxeno, Aug 06, 2012, 04:44:46 PM

Who's your favorite Weyland Industries founder?

Charles Bishop Weyland
22 (53.7%)
Peter Weyland
19 (46.3%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author
Who's your favorite Weyland Industries founder? (Read 3,506 times)

Apex

But they can exist in the same canon. I just chalk it up that Peter is Charles son.

SM

Fox aren't interested in having a cohesive continuity spanning Alien, AvP and Prometheus.

First Blood

Peter Weyland, I guess.

But I still liked it (before AVP & Prometheus) when it was just that enigmatic name, Weyland or Weyland/Yutani posted in and around the Alien universe.

StrangeShape

Charles, thanks to Lance. Lance at least brought some of his unique presence into the character

Apex

Quote from: SM on Sep 04, 2012, 12:14:41 AM
Fox aren't interested in having a cohesive continuity spanning Alien, AvP and Prometheus.

Oh of course not, no way, I'm just saying it could work.

Valaquen

Charles had more of a chance, considering that AVP didn't hide the guy away for most of the film. He had a great speech in the snowmobile. Saying that, I voted Peter. I prefer the continuity, and what little snippets of the character we got. I wish he'd been given more time, more dimensions, but alas.

Here's Lindelof talking about Pete and Charlie by the by: "[Ridley] wanted to use Weyland as a conduit in the story, and was not at all interested when I said, 'You know, Weyland was a character in one of the Alien vs. Predator movies.' He just sort of looked at me like I had just slapped him in the face. That was the beginning, middle, and end of all Alien vs. Predator references in our story process."
http://alienseries.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/path-to-prometheus.html

paxromana

Peter Weyland

dachande95

dachande95

my vote goes to peter

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: PROMETHEUS IS AWESOME on Sep 04, 2012, 01:53:28 PM
my vote goes to peter
Holy shit I would have not expected that from you.

Cvalda

Quote from: First Blood on Sep 04, 2012, 12:21:24 AM
But I still liked it (before AVP & Prometheus) when it was just that enigmatic name, Weyland or Weyland/Yutani posted in and around the Alien universe.
This.

Before seeing Prometheus, I voted Peter Weyland by default. After seeing Prometheus, I don't care for either of them. Both stupid characters.

Vickers

Peter Weyland if I had to choose.  If they had to show a founder, they should have made them more badass and I don't mean in the stereotypical villain way.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: RiddleMeTheus on Sep 05, 2012, 05:51:15 PM
Peter Weyland if I had to choose.  If they had to show a founder, they should have made them more badass and I don't mean in the stereotypical villain way.

Just curious, in what way do you mean? Badass isn't really the term I would use to describe the founder of a company, usually.

The child of the founder, that's a different story. Just look at Tony Stark :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed