First Prometheus Bluray Details

Started by ikarop, Jul 04, 2012, 05:13:59 AM

Author
First Prometheus Bluray Details (Read 77,126 times)

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

To me, I felt let down by promethues because I wanted Promethues 1 ,2 and 3 in Prometheus.
I don't care if they made it 6hours. I wanted everything. For 19.99.
NOw i got to wait 4 or 6 years for the next one :(

Quote from: fiveways on Aug 26, 2012, 07:31:55 PM
Quote from: departedhero20 on Aug 26, 2012, 02:08:21 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 25, 2012, 06:18:37 PM
I guess mainly because a lot of people who were disappointed recognized that the film wasn't all bad, and that it had a lot of unrealized potential that could be potentially fixed in an extended cut.

Personally, I liked the film, but it did suffer from a few problems that could be fixed and touched up a bit in an extended version.

Exactly my point. those were my thoughts exactly at least someone understands my point it isnt the fact that the movie is bad or crap is just that it feels rushed incomplete and it times sort of dumbed down.

The dumbed down feeling is I think Ridley trying to appeal to a wider market.  The mainstream film market is so used to being fed pablum that is has pretty much forced everyone to dumb their films down to drool cup levels in hopes of making a huge amount of money.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: acrediblesource on Aug 27, 2012, 03:02:03 AM
To me, I felt let down by promethues because I wanted Promethues 1 ,2 and 3 in Prometheus.
I don't care if they made it 6hours. I wanted everything. For 19.99.
NOw i got to wait 4 or 6 years for the next one :(

Not very demanding are you?  :o

echobbase79

echobbase79

So I just want to get this straight the 4-disc set will be the only one to have all the special features?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I hope they put everything on the 3 disc one. If I had to guess, the fourth disc would just be the 3D disc; I would hope they don't relegate certain bonus features to that set.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 28, 2012, 12:34:31 AM
I hope they put everything on the 3 disc one. If I had to guess, the fourth disc would just be the 3D disc; I would hope they don't relegate certain bonus features to that set.

I know. I don't want the 3D version of the movie since I don't have a 3D TV.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Same. I honestly wish that they would just do a one disc Blu Ray. I mean, having the DVD and Digital Copy is nice, sure, but I'd be more than happy with just the Blu.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 28, 2012, 12:41:18 AM
Same. I honestly wish that they would just do a one disc Blu Ray. I mean, having the DVD and Digital Copy is nice, sure, but I'd be more than happy with just the Blu.

They will, either that or the price will plummet if you wait. In Australia you can get the combo packs a lot cheaper in discount supermarkets like Big W or K mart (our version of Walmart).

These DVD/Combo/Digital packs are a dead set rip off if you ask me. Especially in this day and age of torrent abuse.

SM

SM

I'd likely get the DVD/BR/Digital Copy.  Not fussed about the digital copy, but the BR is good for the big telly with the surround and all that, and the DVD is handy for watching in other rooms.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: acrediblesource on Aug 27, 2012, 03:02:03 AM
1/3 ain't bad.

SM

SM

:D

Master

Master

I have Alien anthology so i won`t but this big boxset. I`m very interested in cut material though, but don`t think FOX will let it in first relese of the film. Not re-inserted at least.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: SM on Aug 28, 2012, 07:14:18 AM
I'd likely get the DVD/BR/Digital Copy.  Not fussed about the digital copy, but the BR is good for the big telly with the surround and all that, and the DVD is handy for watching in other rooms.

Depends the price though. JB hi fi tried to flog Captain America combo pack for $45  :o

I'd imagine this will be much the same since it's 3D.

SM

SM

Sod that!

I'll just wait and see what they come out with and work it out then.  Can't imagine I'll go for 3D either.

LarsVader

LarsVader

I don't have a bluray player nor do I have a flat-screen TV,
but I am considering to buy the anthology/3D combo because these movies are of somewhat importance to me and the day will come probably sooner then later when we will all have a 3D-TV standing in our living rooms.
And I don't wanna buy it all over again then.
So maybe I will not able be able to watch it in 3D in the next few years but on that day I that get a 3D screen I'll be happy to already have Prometheus in 3D standing on my shelve.

That string of thought does not go for every movie I am going to buy,
I am happy with cheap secondhand DVDs from amazon marketplace,
but in case of Prometheus or the Alien movies it's different.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: LarsVader on Aug 29, 2012, 07:41:48 AM
So maybe I will not able be able to watch it in 3D in the next few years but on that day I that get a 3D screen I'll be happy to already have Prometheus in 3D standing on my shelve.

That's a good way to go, Lars. The 3D combo isn't that much more expensive. When Tron: Legacy came out, I bought the 3D combo 'cause I knew I'd upgrade eventually. And now next week, in advance of Prometheus, I'm gonna be buying my first 3Dtv... and I'll have Tron to watch immediately and make sure everything is calibrated correctly!  :)

[EDIT: I should say I'm not talking necessarily about the 'Prom to Alien' box, here... anybody who already has the Alien Anthology set and buys that box is MENTAL!  :D]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed