R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Prometheus (Whether you love it or not.)

Started by AcrossExistence, Jun 29, 2012, 05:36:47 AM

Author
R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Prometheus (Whether you love it or not.) (Read 5,268 times)

The Hyena

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 29, 2012, 10:47:55 PM
Quote from: The Hyena on Jun 29, 2012, 10:44:36 PM
Quote from: First Blood on Jun 29, 2012, 09:12:00 PM
I found it mediocre. Excuse me whilst I remove myself from the site.

Get over yourself dude.

If you found it mediocre, you must have found Aliens to be awful.

This is so stupid to say. How can you even reach that conclusion based on what FB said?

Asinine.

Because the only Alien movie better than Prometheus is Alien itself?

Nightmare Asylum

You do realize that they are two different films, right? And that your opinion on one doesn't directly reflect your opinion on the other?

ShadowPred

Quote from: The Hyena on Jun 29, 2012, 10:50:08 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 29, 2012, 10:47:55 PM

Get over yourself dude.

This is so stupid to say. How can you even reach that conclusion based on what FB said?

Asinine.

FB isn't saying that.

I ain't saying that.

If that's what you think, then fine by me.

Cvalda

Madness is the only truth, indeed.

The Hyena

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 29, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
Madness is the only truth, indeed.

Well, Alien 3 could have been on the same level as Prometheus if they ever actually decided what they were going to do with it.  A:R was almooooost there.

Still...better than Gears of Alien.

Cvalda

Quote from: The Hyena on Jun 29, 2012, 10:57:58 PM
Well, Prometheus could have been on the same level as Alien 3 if they ever actually decided what they were going to do with it.
Fixed.

NGR01

Looks like the real trolls are in.
We'll see how you'll like it...

Negatronix

It sucked bro.. Otherwise everyone would just agree and stop reaching for a link or a reason to have it fit the universe they want it to.. Good or bad, it fell far short in pretty much all respects to what the fans deserved. BTW, dont ever tell me what I outta think, or give me a friggen a,b,c.. Dumbass... You should ban your own self, buy Prometheus, and enjoy it over and over.

I actually do not mind if I am banned for calling you a dumbass.. Thats how much I will stand by what I believe..
A: Prometheus is a very "limp" film.
B: The most mysterious scene in sci-fi, was ruined by its own creator.
C: Comments like "write your own script" show a general lack of understanding critisim and evolution in art.

JKS1

Quote from: AcrossExistence on Jun 29, 2012, 05:36:47 AM
I'm so sick of seeing all the trash being thrown at Ridley and the rest of Prometheus just because it didn't turn out exactly like you wanted it to. It could have been just a straight up prequel which, honestly, would have been A LOT less interesting.

"Oh... it's THIS movie again... I wonder what's gonna happen if he gets too close to that egg. Oh, wow, I wonder what that is on his face. There's something inside him, omg, it just popped out of his chest. Time for the Alien hide-and-seek in the dark shadows. I wonder where it's gonna pop out next. Hmmm, I wonder who it's gonna kill next and who will be the lone survivor."

As much as I love the canon, there's not much else that can be done with JUST "Alien". Prometheus opens so many new doors. And even if you don't like it as much as you thought you would, you should at least have some passive respect towards the new direction Ridley is trying to go. I understand everyone has their own opinion, which is totally understandable, but all I see now are derogatory and degrading comments against one of the best film makers and stories we have.

It didn't turn out exactly like I thought it would either. BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS. And the fascination of the Prometheus world just keeps growing on me. There's SO much potential to be fulfilled and it's NOT going to be done in one movie. How can there be more content without a few more questions? And yes, some things didn't make perfect sense, but, guess what...? IT'S A MOVIE. Prometheus was just the Prelude to a whole new world of ideas, not to mention FAR more philosophical and thought provoking than an Alien running around killing people. I mean, how much more interesting can you get than the search for who made us and why?

SO, Choose one of the following:

A. STOP WHINING. Start appreciating (or at least passively respecting.)
B. Remove yourself from this site. It was made for people who love its content.
C. Hit up Fox with a script and make your own movie. Then, we can talk trash about YOUR ideas.
D. Go watch Transformers.

Surprise surprise !

Yet another blinkered Ridley fanboy who completely ignores the legitimate criticism posted over and over again and makes up his own reason for why he thinks the 'whiners' weren't happy with the badly scripted, butchered editing job of a plothole littered movie that we'd eagerly waited years for, and expectantly, based on the magnificent pedigree of its director

If I'm a 'whiner' then you're a tapeworm so far up Ridley Scott's colon that you can't see any genuine argument levelled against a seriously flawed piece of work

Really, just how many times do these myopic planks need the words 'I wasn't expecting another Alien movie and was happy to see something different.....good.......but different' hammered into their skulls before the message sinks in ?!

chupacabras acheronsis

wait a second, of all the mediocre sci-fi with space marines you could have chosen to mock Aliens you choose Gears of Wars to make an ironic remark?

f**king casual.

First Blood

Get over yourself dude.

How nice of you to put words in my mouth. No Aliens is indeed a great film (not my favorite) but it's much better than Prometheus I thought.

ShadowPred

Quote from: First Blood on Jun 29, 2012, 11:50:32 PM

Get over yourself dude.

How nice of you to put words in my mouth. No Aliens is indeed a great film (not my favorite) but it's much better than Prometheus I thought.

I'll have to agree right there.

The Hyena

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jun 29, 2012, 11:39:16 PM

wait a second, of all the mediocre sci-fi with space marines you could have chosen to mock Aliens you choose Gears of Wars to make an ironic remark?

f**king casual.

Both involve space marines, run-and-gun behaviour and an enemy that is largely treated as canon fodder.  Its fitting.

chupacabras acheronsis

throughout the movie, the marines get bogged down in a sublimely obvious ambush, they get f**ked over by the poorest officer this side of the galaxy, they lose half of their total force in the first encounter and only get four confirmed kills, they manage to lose their only evac and make a f**king fusion reactor go critical and cause a nuclear explosion(that shit isn't even possible!) simultaneously, they fail to secure a goddamn fake ceiling and lose the rest of their detachment, and they still don't manage to neutralize the threat in the end. if there was a minimal hint of ooh-rah in the movie, you bet your f**king ass it was paid back with the most intense rape a marine can get outside of FOB Langman. it was literally a movie about them getting bitten in the ass by their own shit.  every single line of arrogant dialog gets a comeuppance.

and let me remind you they were carrying guns, space, future, pulse guns, the kind that they write ludicrous tabletop games about. the one in the first movie was easily impaled by a cheap ass harpoon. what the hell did you expect, more slasher bullshit where everyone forgets to try to fight back with an appropriate response and just let the f**ker wander invincible for the whole runtime like if that was actually tense to watch?(because that's what people who can't shut their vaginas suggest about what the alien should be). for once someone in a monster movie does the rational thing and calls the really big guns, a somewhat realistic fight happens that the aliens actually manage to win while still having weaknesses, demonstrating they are a threat that still can exist in a realistic universe and are, in fact, a palpable threat to mankind like the first movie suggested, and you can't appreciate it?

"no! it makes them dumb weak bugs! I DON'T LIKE IT! GEARS OF HALO!", even when they spend the whole time trying to get the point across that they're not. now go be pretentious somewhere else.

DaddyYautja

It wasnt a fusion reactor.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed