R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Prometheus (Whether you love it or not.)

Started by AcrossExistence, Jun 29, 2012, 05:36:47 AM

Author
R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Prometheus (Whether you love it or not.) (Read 5,269 times)

AcrossExistence

I'm so sick of seeing all the trash being thrown at Ridley and the rest of Prometheus just because it didn't turn out exactly like you wanted it to. It could have been just a straight up prequel which, honestly, would have been A LOT less interesting.

"Oh... it's THIS movie again... I wonder what's gonna happen if he gets too close to that egg. Oh, wow, I wonder what that is on his face. There's something inside him, omg, it just popped out of his chest. Time for the Alien hide-and-seek in the dark shadows. I wonder where it's gonna pop out next. Hmmm, I wonder who it's gonna kill next and who will be the lone survivor."

As much as I love the canon, there's not much else that can be done with JUST "Alien". Prometheus opens so many new doors. And even if you don't like it as much as you thought you would, you should at least have some passive respect towards the new direction Ridley is trying to go. I understand everyone has their own opinion, which is totally understandable, but all I see now are derogatory and degrading comments against one of the best film makers and stories we have.

It didn't turn out exactly like I thought it would either. BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS. And the fascination of the Prometheus world just keeps growing on me. There's SO much potential to be fulfilled and it's NOT going to be done in one movie. How can there be more content without a few more questions? And yes, some things didn't make perfect sense, but, guess what...? IT'S A MOVIE. Prometheus was just the Prelude to a whole new world of ideas, not to mention FAR more philosophical and thought provoking than an Alien running around killing people. I mean, how much more interesting can you get than the search for who made us and why?

SO, Choose one of the following:

A. STOP WHINING. Start appreciating (or at least passively respecting.)
B. Remove yourself from this site. It was made for people who love its content.
C. Hit up Fox with a script and make your own movie. Then, we can talk trash about YOUR ideas.
D. Go watch Transformers.

ripley161

I totally agree with you. Prometheus is fresh and new in the Alien universe and I can't wait to see where the sequel will take us. I have lived and loved the ALIEN movies all my life but I longed to see something that I had not seen before with a different direction and then came Prometheus ! I am selfishly just loving this movie and don't really care about anyone who doesn't like it. I think Ridley Scott has done a very good job  :) 

DaddyYautja

It has nothing to do with the questions, the way the story was presented was goofy.
It was on the level as the movies that appeared on MST3K.

Max Powers

I think you underestimate just how much in the movie actually didn't make sense.

Quote from: AcrossExistence on Jun 29, 2012, 05:36:47 AM
STOP WHINING.

Oh the irony.

Ruzena

Prometheus IS bad movie.

Cvalda

Dear AcrossExistence,

Thank you so much for your stunning insight and impeccable refutations of all the criticisms of Prometheus. Your "shut da f**k up whiners" stance is as unassailable as my filmography, which is composed entirely of fantastic, Earth-shattering masterpieces--(if you didn't appreciate A Good Year, Someone to Watch Over Me, White Squall, G.I. Jane, Robin Hood, etc, you are a moronic whiner and should just shut up and respect my incredible storytelling gifts) that only true lovers of cinema like you can understand. This includes my latest masterwork, Prometheus.

Cheers,
Sir Riddlez

Virgil

Virgil

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 29, 2012, 08:37:05 PM
Dear AcrossExistence,

Thank you so much for your stunning insight and impeccable refutations of all the criticisms of Prometheus. Your "shut da f**k up whiners" stance is as unassailable as my filmography, which is composed entirely of fantastic, Earth-shattering masterpieces--(if you didn't appreciate A Good Year, Someone to Watch Over Me, White Squall, G.I. Jane, Robin Hood, etc, you are a moronic whiner and should just shut up and respect my incredible storytelling gifts) that only true lovers of cinema like you can understand. This includes my latest masterwork, Prometheus.

Cheers,
Sir Riddlez

Ridley's clearly toned down his swearing in recent interviews.

ShadowPred

Jesus f**king Christ. As someone that liked this movie, I will say that I am fed up with pointless threads like this one. RESPECT Prometheus? Holy shit, where do you get off on saying that anyone should RESPECT this movie? I never saw this sort of bullshit from people that liked AvP, or AvPR...my god, the Prometheus board really has gone to shit.

QuoteA. STOP WHINING. Start appreciating (or at least passively respecting.)
B. Remove yourself from this site. It was made for people who love its content.
C. Hit up Fox with a script and make your own movie. Then, we can talk trash about YOUR ideas.
D. Go watch Transformers.

First Blood

I found it mediocre. Excuse me whilst I remove myself from the site.

Get over yourself dude.

ShadowPred

Quote from: First Blood on Jun 29, 2012, 09:12:00 PM

Get over yourself dude.

Exactly.

HenryEllis

HenryEllis

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 29, 2012, 08:37:05 PM
Dear AcrossExistence,

Cheers,
Sir Riddlez

Dear Sir Riddlez
I'd just like to say that I thought Robin Hood was exquisite...like fine caviar.  A true diamond hidden in the soil of lesser visions. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go watch Transformers.

Gazz

I also enjoyed Prometheus but if threads like these are all you have to offer then you can kindly f**k off.

SiL

We already have a thread like this anyway.

Huh, where are all the "Everyone should HATE this movie!!!!" threads?

The Hyena

Get over yourself dude.

If you found it mediocre, you must have found Aliens to be awful.

ShadowPred

Quote from: The Hyena on Jun 29, 2012, 10:44:36 PM

Get over yourself dude.

If you found it mediocre, you must have found Aliens to be awful.

This is so stupid to say. How can you even reach that conclusion based on what FB said?

Asinine.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed