Neca Prometheus line update!

Started by BonesawT101, Jun 04, 2012, 03:47:24 PM

Author
Neca Prometheus line update! (Read 169,679 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Oh shit, I might have to check my local TRU tomorrow or something and see if they have the new figures in yet.

CONKERSBADFURDAY

My neighbor is a fan of toys and likes to modify them, so I showed him a picture of the current Deacon Prometheus toy. He says he can pretty easily fix the disjointed neck and make it look show accurate, so I'll be buying one of those soonish.

Pretty excited! My neighbor is one of the coolest nerds I know, which is kind of an oxymoron but oh well :P

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Woop woop, scooped up David 8 and the Deacon at a local TRU today for the $12.99 sale price, last ones they had too. :)

I definitely like David 8 more than the Deacon right now, and the likeness is good and he doesn't have "sloppy face paint" syndrome where his eyes are looking in different directions or something, which was the main reason why I didn't order him online. I wanted to see him in person to make sure I didn't get a dud.

The Deacon is cool, and I don't know that I mind his neck too much so far, but he's a pretty sad shadow when compared to literally any other Alien figure NECA has done. It's not NECA's fault - the design just isn't as good as the classic Giger Alien (or any other Alien design for that matter, even the ADI ones like from AvP:R).

IrateMulletMan

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 30, 2013, 09:17:53 PM
Woop woop, scooped up David 8 and the Deacon at a local TRU today for the $12.99 sale price, last ones they had too. :)

I definitely like David 8 more than the Deacon right now, and the likeness is good and he doesn't have "sloppy face paint" syndrome where his eyes are looking in different directions or something, which was the main reason why I didn't order him online. I wanted to see him in person to make sure I didn't get a dud.

The Deacon is cool, and I don't know that I mind his neck too much so far, but he's a pretty sad shadow when compared to literally any other Alien figure NECA has done. It's not NECA's fault - the design just isn't as good as the classic Giger Alien (or any other Alien design for that matter, even the ADI ones like from AvP:R).

I picked them both up as well.  Deacon I ordered off TRU's site, but I stopped into TRU this morning in search of the Rocky 3 figures and found plenty of David-8s. Surprisingly, all but one had amazing paint. Haven't opened him yet, but I think I'll like him more than Deacon as well.  I really don't like the design of his shoulder joints.  Dunno what they were thinking when they designed it.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 30, 2013, 09:17:53 PM

This isn't a knock on the Deacon or at least, I'm not trying to make it sound like it's one, because I don't completely hate it, but it sort of looks like the AvPR Alien inbetween chestburster and full grown stage.

How long is the 12.99 sale going on? I thought the 15.99 one was a steal.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Shame how they sculpted the deacon. Neck is ugly long and he has a clown mouth -_-

Going to but the engineer/trilobite package and the engineer suit figure though ;D

LarsVader

LarsVader

QuoteRichard Eldridge ‏@grphyx1
@NECA_TOYS Dr. Shaw? Ms. Vickers? I'm dying here. some of the best figures in this size ever. David and Deacon are out of this world

NECA NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS
@grphyx1 thanks, 6 more figures are completed. Retail sales will determine what gets released. We love this line as much as you do

Blacklabel Blacklabel ‏@BlackoutSounds
@NECA_TOYS 6+? So.. Vickers, Shaw, Holloway, mutant fifield... who are the misterious other 2? :P Retools, other characters?

NECA NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS
@BlackoutSounds re-paints of sorts but very cool & very effective translations from screen to toy. Hope we get to make them

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

lol @ my twitter making an appearance on these boards  :laugh:

Origin

Origin

Just picked up a David-8 @ TRU on sale, gotta say its a really impressive likeness in person. I'd really like to see a deleted-scene Fiefield after the 'captain caveman' film-accurate one gets released.

Bat Chain Puller

I got in on that sale as well. But I had get into a "They Live" fist fight with the cashier in order to get her to go look at the sale price sign.

The things we do to save 6 dollars.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Shit, you should have done what I've done sometimes and gone and gotten the sale price sticker yourself and brought it to the register. Either way they have to go back to the pegs and put the sticker back. :P

Bat Chain Puller

I offered to go back and get it after I saw that it was becoming a problem. She called someone to check the price and kept the line (that instantly forms behind you when there is any kind of snafu at a register) waiting.

After an uncomfortable 4 and a half minutes of feigned interest in the consistency of our fingernails, someone called back and told her there was indeed a sale tag back there. She hammered the register keys as if she were squashing carpenter ants and practically threw the receipt at me like a Shuriken.

Next time I'll bring the tag with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pele5vptVgc#

HUGZZ

HUGZZ

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Apr 05, 2013, 04:44:58 PM
I offered to go back and get it after I saw that it was becoming a problem. She called someone to check the price and kept the line (that instantly forms behind you when there is any kind of snafu at a register) waiting.

After an uncomfortable 4 and a half minutes of feigned interest in the consistency of our fingernails, someone called back and told her there was indeed a sale tag back there. She hammered the register keys as if she were squashing carpenter ants and practically threw the receipt at me like a Shuriken.

Just wanted to let you know, this story made my day xD

IrateMulletMan

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Apr 05, 2013, 04:44:58 PM

LarsVader

LarsVader

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed