Prometheus Ending Scene

Started by Lie, Jun 02, 2012, 10:09:15 PM

Author
Prometheus Ending Scene (Read 126,905 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I just have spoiler-tagged it.

Unless something has 'spoiler' in the subject heading, please remember to use that function in posts/replies, kids. :)

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 02, 2012, 10:29:41 PM
Would be infinitely better than this repugnant garbage. It makes ADI's work look comparable with Giger himself.

ADI's work isn't actually all that bad when they're given a decent budget and direction.

What this refers to, however, yes... I can sadly confirm that it made everything in 'Requiem' look like a piece of art.

Predaker

Predaker

I missed it.

I got pics of baby space tapir.

Spoiler
[close]

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: proicioaway on Jun 02, 2012, 10:32:02 PM
well, there goes the theory of the other 3 SJ being chestbursted in cryosleep - no way this beast could escape through the small holes in the cryopods.

after watching this, and this is just my personal observation, the movie went from 'really want to watch it on opening day' to 'ill watch it next thursday' when movie ticket are 30pct off.

sigh

nope, cos what youre forgetting is the fact that this beast came about by a totally different process than the creatures which burst through the engineers cryoo tube, it came from david feeding holloway, holloway making shaw pregnant, giving birth to squidmonster, squidmonster impregnating engineer, engineer giving birth....

the ones that burst from the engineers probably just went through engineers so would probably be different as we see theres always differences in the xenos going on their hosts etc.

thanks

rich

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Predaker on Jun 02, 2012, 10:44:55 PM
I missed it.

I got pics of baby space tapir.

Spoiler
[close]
Still a better design.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: RICH-ENGLAND on Jun 02, 2012, 10:45:45 PM
well, there goes the theory of the other 3 SJ being chestbursted in cryosleep - no way this beast could escape through the small holes in the cryopods.

after watching this, and this is just my personal observation, the movie went from 'really want to watch it on opening day' to 'ill watch it next thursday' when movie ticket are 30pct off.

sigh

nope, cos what youre forgetting is the fact that this beast came about by a totally different process than the creatures which burst through the engineers cryoo tube, it came from david feeding holloway, holloway making shaw pregnant, giving birth to squidmonster, squidmonster impregnating engineer, engineer giving birth....

the ones that burst from the engineers probably just went through engineers so would probably be different as we see theres always differences in the xenos going on their hosts etc.

thanks

rich
Spoiler
I thought they said the engineers have 100% DNA match to humans. How does that make sense?
[close]

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: Predaker on Jun 02, 2012, 10:48:01 PM

sigh

thanks

rich
Spoiler
I thought they said the engineers have 100% DNA match to humans. How does that make sense?
[close]

Spoiler
Which simply cannot be true because they're 10ft tall and incredibly strong. It's impossible their DNA is identical. Big fail there.
[close]

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: Predaker on Jun 02, 2012, 10:48:01 PM

sigh

thanks

rich
Spoiler
[close]

i dont think it was 100% match, i think it was just a match as in theres enough to show that we came from them, kinda like how you can match up with your family members and prove youre related but the dna is not 100% the same.

but anyway, a lot of things in the movie dont make sense so im not going to defend it lmao

thanks

rich

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Like I said... I don't mind this proto-xeno looking totally different. I just don't like the fact that it looks so generic... and to top the worst of the worst things off: The entire biomechanic design which made the original alien so damn unique and scary at the same time is just gone... what we got is a fleshy pumpkinhead that lacks creativity.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: JaaayDee on Jun 02, 2012, 10:19:04 PM
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3804/1338675262823.jpg
Anyway, I can see the backlash coming full circle now.  I'll still looking forward to the movie as a scifi geek, but as an Alien fan my heart is aching.

...if I didn't know better I'd swear the guy on the left was the blue screen marker for the baby xeno, but since green screen is the norm I probably don't have an arguement!  ;D

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I'm afraid I'm just still not seeing the unforgivable horror or raped childhood or franchise murderer here.  It's a design some don't care for - I think it's fine.  So what? 

I'm certainly not going to attempt to render a verdict on the film - or its acting, cutting, FX, characters and overall experience without., I dunno, seeing it?  And so far I see nothing so universally unacceptable.

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Jun 02, 2012, 11:01:37 PM
I'm afraid I'm just still not seeing the unforgivable horror or raped childhood or franchise murderer here.  It's a design some don't care for - I think it's fine.  So what? 

I'm certainly not going to attempt to render a verdict on the film - or its acting, cutting, FX, characters and overall experience without., I dunno, seeing it?  And so far I see nothing so universally unacceptable.

hm,m, not sure what youre getting at with that remark about seeing it, because most of us in this thread have seen it as far as im aware.

thanks

rich

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

sigh

That's actually a very good point, never even considered that.  It is still possible I guess, but it would be a very tight squeeze, I wonder what others think??

Promethean Fire

Promethean Fire

Quote from: RICH-ENGLAND on Jun 02, 2012, 11:07:37 PM

hm,m, not sure what youre getting at with that remark about seeing it, because most of us in this thread have seen it as far as im aware.

thanks

rich

I think, ultimately, I'm using the ending scene as a vessel to fuel my overaal dissapointment in the film.  The film makers said they were making a bold, provocative, innovative and profound film.  I bloody worked out the plot from the trailers.  Hell, I read speculation on this very site that was infintiely more creative than anything Lindelof, Spiahts or Scott apprantly created.  The final scene was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

...as far as the baby xeno goes, which I assume you're referring to, as a visual effect I think it's absolutely fine, it's just the design that doesn't do anything for me.

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: RoaryUK on Jun 02, 2012, 11:09:28 PM

sigh

That's actually a very good point, never even considered that.  It is still possible I guess, but it would be a very tight squeeze, I wonder what others think??

Well if you watch closely the hole in the engineer chest is not big.
Just enough to let the pointy head then the body goes trough that hole.
Like an Octopuss entering or exiting a very tight space.

If you still have the video watch the moment whene there is a top view of both bodies, the pure xeno baby is smaller than people think compared to the Engineer. He's like a human baby that can exit from a vagina.
He's maleable at birth, all his body is soft in the first minutes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed