Prometheus Box Office

Started by Spidey3121, Jun 02, 2012, 03:20:19 AM

Author
Prometheus Box Office (Read 154,420 times)

Promethée

Promethée

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jul 10, 2012, 09:24:27 PM
Prometheus has just about made back its budget, plus another 150 million. It's a hit. End of.

Yeah, well it doesn't exactly work like that.

Prime113

Prime113

You know, I was thinking, if they do a sequel, by the time it is released, Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender will be box office stars. Them two will be able to pull in a lot of viewers by themselves.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Well considering that using 3D red cameras, that probably brought up the costs, they had a few on set. like 4 or something.
How much does any one think that bumps up production costs?
To me, if they made this movie without, the effects would have been less cumbersome to produce.  But from the sound of it, they were trying to make the production of it like a  'run of the mill' effects production(poor guys). Although Ridley was back and forth with ideas and effects that were made ultimately had to be revised over and over at some points.

SM

SM

Pretty sure red cameras are cheaper than film.  Plus you don't need to buy film stock.

QuoteYou know, I was thinking, if they do a sequel, by the time it is released, Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender will be box office stars. Them two will be able to pull in a lot of viewers by themselves.

They'll also cost more to hire.

Gazz

Gazz

Unless it's already in their contract... doubtful though.

SM

SM

It wouldn't surprise me if they're contracted to do sequels.  Not sure how the money works though.

BANE

BANE

Marvel or whatever company that did the Avengers signed Mark Ruffalo to do six Hulk-containing films. SIX. After hearing that, I wouldn't doubt if FOX signed Noomi and Michael to do at least one sequel. I know The Avengers made a shit more money, but still...Prometheus did pretty damn good for an R rated film, in this day and age, with PG-13 competition like Madagascar, Brave, TASM, etc...

SM

SM

Sanaa Lathan had a two picture deal for AvP.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Sweet deal for her.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: SM on Jul 11, 2012, 12:32:02 AM
Sanaa Lathan had a two picture deal for AvP.
Really? Wow. Well, here's hoping they greenlight Prometheus 2.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Quote from: Promethée on Jul 10, 2012, 09:39:29 PM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jul 10, 2012, 09:24:27 PM
Prometheus has just about made back its budget, plus another 150 million. It's a hit. End of.

Yeah, well it doesn't exactly work like that.

And how exactly does it work? ;)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Prime113 on Jul 08, 2012, 04:46:12 AM
Quote from: bleau on Jul 08, 2012, 03:21:00 AM
QuoteSo Prometheus will earn in total what Snow White and the Huntsman grossed now.
Would you consider this result good?

I would say yes, a lot better. Snow White and the huntsman had bigger budget and was pg13.

It also had Kristen Stewart.

And it's based on a classic fairy tale. More people rather see a Snow White film then a big budget Alien film sadly.

bleau

bleau

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jul 11, 2012, 01:45:28 AM
Quote from: Prime113 on Jul 08, 2012, 04:46:12 AM
Quote from: bleau on Jul 08, 2012, 03:21:00 AM
QuoteSo Prometheus will earn in total what Snow White and the Huntsman grossed now.
Would you consider this result good?

I would say yes, a lot better. Snow White and the huntsman had bigger budget and was pg13.

It also had Kristen Stewart.

And it's based on a classic fairy tale. More people rather see a Snow White film then a big budget Alien film sadly.

Well, I certainly wouldn't say Snow White and the Huntsman had that much more interest. It had bigger budget, bigger marketing, and more theaters, and was accessible to audiences,. Where as Prometheus is r, and is doing a close second to it. Maybe not domestically but internationally it will be close. I'v also noticed that I haven't seen any tv spots for a few weeks so people do lose interest rather quickly. I still think Prometheus has done great and will probably make another 50mil from DVD/blu ray sales at minimum.  :)

SM

SM

The major draw for Snow White is Kristen Stewart.  The Twilight flicks have made over $2.5billion worldwide, the most recent clocking in at $700m.  If only a quarter of the punters who saw that, go and see Snow White because of Stewart you're up around $175m before you factor in people going to perve at Hemsworth and Theron.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

But then again Pattinson's presence didn't boost anything for Cosmopolis, so...

BTW Snow White was shitty and so was Stewart's acting.

I just felt this was needed to be pointed out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed