Who liked the Engineers (Not the suit)?

Started by hfeldhaus, Jun 01, 2012, 03:21:23 AM

Author
Who liked the Engineers (Not the suit)? (Read 27,608 times)

samoht

Quote from: smarterthenyou on Aug 16, 2012, 01:11:38 AM
i actually liked the engineers the look of them was very odd, and godlike in a scary way. i thought the crews reactions to them were abit off tho, i think fifields reaction was actually the most realistic the rest of them were just like oooo WOW giant alien dead people lol

and when shaw was like "lets run a stimulae into the locus aurelias, maybe i can trip the nerves into thinking there still alive" i was thinking to myself WELL THATS A FANTASTIC IDEA HAHA !!!

i thought the bio mechanical suits where cool, not as good as the original but i can see why they scaled it down. i think that a massive jockey in cgi would of been questionable and less convincing... also had a theory about the next movie

just that why would they introduce the deacon alien at the end of this film if they didnt intend to have him feature in the next film... what i mean is perhaps the next film wont be about david and shaw... but maybe the rescue mission to find the prometheus. i mean surely weyland corp wouldnt just send a trillion dollar space craft into space without some kind of rescue mission if something bad was to happen? what do you people think ?? im curious

Good point. Seeing as it is described as the most important discovery in the history of mankind, then you would expect serious effort to be made to try and save them or at least find out every detail of why they didn't make it back. Especially considering that Mr Weyland himself was there.

Darth Vile

Quote from: smarterthenyou on Aug 16, 2012, 01:11:38 AM
just that why would they introduce the deacon alien at the end of this film if they didnt intend to have him feature in the next film... what i mean is perhaps the next film wont be about david and shaw... but maybe the rescue mission to find the prometheus. i mean surely weyland corp wouldnt just send a trillion dollar space craft into space without some kind of rescue mission if something bad was to happen? what do you people think ?? im curious
I can't see that myself... unless Scott has nothing to do with a sequel. It seems to me that basing a movie around a Prometheus rescue mission, with Deacon bumping off crew, would be a backwards step... IMHO.

hfeldhaus

I think the most likely storyline would be following David and shaw to the engineer planet. They were the two central characters set up in Prometheus so it wouldn't make sense to leave them. However there will need to be more humans in the film (not just shaw and David). My guess is that there are humans on the engineer planet that are there as slaves or test subjects for experiments. As for the deacon, if we take what we see in the art work it's possible that it got onto the ship with shaw and David and is on its way to the home world where its gunna f**k up shit, so to speak.

Shadow

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Aug 16, 2012, 02:53:54 PM
I think the most likely storyline would be following David and shaw to the engineer planet. They were the two central characters set up in Prometheus so it wouldn't make sense to leave them. However there will need to be more humans in the film (not just shaw and David). My guess is that there are humans on the engineer planet that are there as slaves or test subjects for experiments. As for the deacon, if we take what we see in the art work it's possible that it got onto the ship with shaw and David and is on its way to the home world where its gunna f**k up shit, so to speak.

didn't we see the Deacon burst...well...after the ship took of?, isn't it left on the planet?

hfeldhaus

Yeah but they could easily plonk it on shaws ship at the start of the next film.

LIG

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Aug 16, 2012, 06:34:08 PM
Yeah but they could easily plonk it on shaws ship at the start of the next film.

That would be like making a sequel to Aliens and putting a random egg on the Sula.....oh wait

hfeldhaus

Quote from: LIG on Aug 16, 2012, 07:04:48 PM

That would be like making a sequel to Aliens and putting a random egg on the Sula.....oh wait

No not really, we know the deacon is alive and we don't know the time frame for when it bursts. The deacon could have burst before the ship left and from the art work we see that it was intended for the deacon to take a stroll outside. The alien 3 egg makes no sense at all. However its pretty easy to make sense of the deacon getting on the second juggernaut.

LIG

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Aug 16, 2012, 07:12:57 PM

No not really, we know the deacon is alive and we don't know the time frame for when it bursts. The deacon could have burst before the ship left and from the art work we see that it was intended for the deacon to take a stroll outside. The alien 3 egg makes no sense at all. However its pretty easy to make sense of the deacon getting on the second juggernaut.

I'm just messing  ;D It would cause a debate on here along the same lines if they did that tho no doubt. Having said that the list of extra's on the DVD has a deleted scene listed after the Engineer fight as "Paradise" so it could be a possibility

I don't think I have seen that art work of the Deacon outside, can anyone link it to me? I really hope they do something useful with the Deacon or else it's going to feel even more like a tacked on scene than it already does tbh

hfeldhaus

Quote from: LIG on Aug 16, 2012, 07:25:25 PM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on Aug 16, 2012, 07:12:57 PM

I'm just messing  ;D It would cause a debate on here along the same lines if they did that tho no doubt. Having said that the list of extra's on the DVD has a deleted scene listed after the Engineer fight as "Paradise" so it could be a possibility

I don't think I have seen that art work of the Deacon outside, can anyone link it to me? I really hope they do something useful with the Deacon or else it's going to feel even more like a tacked on scene than it already does tbh

That's what I thought, it would be just fanboyism if it was just stuck on the end for no reason. Would be food to see more of the deacon in the extended scenes. I think Scott has got a plan for the deacon already lined up. I think shaw and David take it to the engineer planet and subsequently the engineers are wiped out, with humans being the creators of our own down fall.

Have a look through some of the threads for the art of Prometheus thread, has the majority of the pics there

bioweapon

Engineers scene in the Juggernaut is the most alien related feeling. I sense more than the Weyland company connection.

Im starting to wait for Prom II. 

ChrisPachi

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Aug 16, 2012, 07:45:12 PMThat's what I thought, it would be just fanboyism if it was just stuck on the end for no reason.

The deacon is born after the ship leaves, but even then it is not entirely without purpose, because it opens another can of worms from the crate of canned worms that is Prometheus. Having it sneak onto Shaw's ship for the sequel would be fan service, if it wasn't already.

Promethean Fire

The Deacon is definitely born after the ship has left LV-223.  Originally (after the scrapped Ultramorph ending), it was planned that the Deacon would be born and leave Vicker's module, heading for the silo, just as David and Shaw take off and then roaring at the sky.  Cut to black.

orchidal

orchidal

Maybe Vickers and the Proto will have a face-off?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: orchidal on Oct 13, 2012, 08:39:31 PM
Maybe Vickers and the Proto will have a face-off?
Former wins with his Oprah gifs.

orchidal

orchidal

There's a lot of postmodern symbolism in that statement.

Social media vs Hollywood
Vickers and the Oprah gifs vs Proto-xenomorph
butthurted vs buttbursted

*metaphorically speaking, nothing personal to username Vickers

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed