Prometheus Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, May 30, 2012, 05:46:52 AM

In short, what did you think of the film?

Loved it! (5/5)
143 (32.2%)
Good, but not great (4/5)
149 (33.6%)
It was okay, nothing good (3/5)
69 (15.5%)
Didn't care for it (2/5)
30 (6.8%)
It sucked (1/5)
27 (6.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
26 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 441

Author
Prometheus Fan Reviews (Read 323,909 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: UFO-Man on Nov 27, 2013, 04:43:58 PM
I can never take AVPGalaxy seriously these days

...oh.

UFO-Man

UFO-Man

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 27, 2013, 04:46:25 PM
I can never take AVPGalaxy seriously these days

...oh.

Besides that's why I don't post seriously anymore.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Novak 1334 on May 11, 2013, 07:38:35 PM
Rewatched Prometheus for only the third time, really tried my hardest to find something redeeming about it but I couldn't, gorgeous cinematography and effects aside, it's still horrendous

I can never take AVPGalaxy seriously these days, The Alien Fanbase will always have rotten people that act like cry babies over a movie.

I've had better Justice on a Lord of the Rings forum.

This forum keeps proving my point, No wonder outsider don't take this forum seriously :laugh:.

Just because you can't find other people that can't enjoy the movie, doesn't mean at all that they are cry-babies or whatever. It seems that all you want is confirmation of your own belief that the movie is good. Completely the wrong way to go about things.

"I've had better justice."

I love this quote because it seems to me that you believe that Prometheus is without fault. As if it being "good" in your eyes is the only actual way of seeing it. I'm sorry man, but this is just wrong. Now those PM's are starting to make sense.

UFO-Man

UFO-Man

Quote from: ShadowPred on Nov 27, 2013, 06:09:46 PM
Rewatched Prometheus for only the third time, really tried my hardest to find something redeeming about it but I couldn't, gorgeous cinematography and effects aside, it's still horrendous

I can never take AVPGalaxy seriously these days, The Alien Fanbase will always have rotten people that act like cry babies over a movie.

This forum keeps proving my point, No wonder outsider don't take this forum seriously :laugh:.

Just because you can't find other people that can't enjoy the movie, doesn't mean at all that they are cry-babies or whatever. It seems that all you want is confirmation of your own belief that the movie is good. Completely the wrong way to go about things.

I love this quote because it seems to me that you believe that Prometheus is without fault. As if it being "good" in your eyes is the only actual way of seeing it. I'm sorry man, but this is just wrong. Now those PM's are starting to make sense.

I know that Prometheus has plotholes in it for shits sake. I like Prometheus but I hate it when people bash me for liking it.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Is anyone on here actually doing that? You've already mentioned to me that this has happened in other forums. If it's not happening here, then I don't see the problem. If it is, then report it to me, but only do so if it's an actual member saying mean as f**k shit to you because you like this movie.

demonbane

demonbane

Quote from: UFO-Man on Nov 27, 2013, 06:17:51 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Nov 27, 2013, 06:09:46 PM

I know that Prometheus has plotholes in it for shits sake. I like Prometheus but I hate it when people bash me for liking it.
Really? The only movie in the series that deserves such treatment is AVPR.

Space7Horror

Space7Horror

Prometheus is good, it just leaves too much open for speculation.  The mystery the movie gives us just make us angry because there is too much unanswered questions that if answered would probably have gotten the movie more recognition.  Let's hope the second movie can fix these flaws, other than that the movie doesn't deserve the hatred it gets.

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

There's plenty of people on these forums that like Prometheus... the community is diverse enough.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Darth Vile on Jan 04, 2014, 08:58:00 AM
There's plenty of people on these forums that like Prometheus... the community is diverse enough.

I, for one, love the movie.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: UFO-Man on Nov 27, 2013, 06:17:51 PM
But you just bashed a guy the whole community for not liking it.

Many people here admire or love Prometheus.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

If possible that is?.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 09, 2014, 02:04:59 PM
But you just bashed a guy the whole community for not liking it.

Many people here admire or love Prometheus.
You're talking to an echo.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Listen, we're not the last humans left.

LastSurvivor92

I've talked to a lot of my friends recently and a lot of them didn't like Prometheus. My Dad says the only point in the film thats worth watching is the end. Some of my friends said it was just 'alright.' Just a lot of people tell me its only a good movie to watch 'high' or to get drunk to. There's just not a whole lot of people I know that consider this an awesome movie, even for the standards of Science-Fiction in general. I mean here comes one of the BIGGEST sci-fi come backs ever and everything this movie was built up to be with all the commercials and teaser trailers and than it was such a big disappointment and let down for a lot of people. I don't really know how 'intellectual' and 'big thoughts & ideas' justify this film? I mean you either have a good film or you don't. There's really no middle ground here. There was just so many things in the film that didn't add up. Too many questions, too much 'stuff' to contemplate with. The Alien franchise at least gave you some answers throughout each film with a good conclusion to wrap things up. Why Scott felt the need to push the mystery so far, I don't understand? The first time I saw this film at the midnight premiere I was completely dissapointed with what Scott did with the series. I was hoping for something much more exciting and intense and I didn't feel like Prometheus delivered on that level like it really should have.

You can say anything good or bad about this film, I really don't care. I've heard all the Ions of arguments surrounding this film. Some say all these intellectual ideas, thoughts and notions helped elevate the film but to be frank I think it honestly did nothing for the film but drag this 2 hour movie out longer. I don't even know how this film achieved a 7.1 on IMDB.

Haha and some random guy on 4chan told me,

"And hiring the writer of Green Lantern to write a sequel which will not feature the Engineer home-world, but instead feature an Alien loose on a small ship, to be more "Alien like" is just proving he's f**king incapable of picking decent scripts or ideas for his (admittedly beautifully made) films."

I think Scott was once a legendary director who knew how to innovate on the level of Science-Fiction. But lets face it, Scott has kind of fell back a few pegs since his older days. Denying that is completely ignorant on ANYONE's behalf.

Whether you liked Prometheus or not you can't deny its faults. There really are just too many to count. I take Prometheus for what it is but for some reason its been a little hard accepting it into the franchise and I know some of you will say, "But Prometheus is not part of the Alien franchise." Well you can classify it that way but I have my own opinion. Its an Alien film ok... :laugh:

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The movie predicted flying mapping orbs.... pretty sure that will happen. The movie also predicted moronic scientist. That is happening right now. Movie also predicted religious people to be self centered, jump into the fire without thinking about it crazies... yea, been like that for thousands of years.

Yea Prometheus is boring but you know what else is boring, the Godfather movies.

Speaking of atmospheric scenes, the entry into LV223's atmosphere and subsequent fly around was the best part of the movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed