Prometheus Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, May 30, 2012, 05:46:52 AM

In short, what did you think of the film?

Loved it! (5/5)
143 (32.2%)
Good, but not great (4/5)
149 (33.6%)
It was okay, nothing good (3/5)
69 (15.5%)
Didn't care for it (2/5)
30 (6.8%)
It sucked (1/5)
27 (6.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
26 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 441

Author
Prometheus Fan Reviews (Read 326,241 times)

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

"lazy, uninspired writing." = I didn't like it. I would bet that Lindelof and Spaihts put their all into this project. Maybe we don't like the outcome, but it doesn't mean it's lazy.

Truise

Truise

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jun 09, 2012, 11:11:27 PM
"lazy, uninspired writing." = I didn't like it. I would bet that Lindelof and Spaihts put their all into this project. Maybe we don't like the outcome, but it doesn't mean it's lazy.

I certainly hope for lazy. If that is the best they got, that does not bode well to the sequel  :D

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Lazy may not be the right word as I'm sure you are right and that they put their all in to it, but many of the plot elements felt very derivative of ideas from other scifi films. For  instance the Oil was a weapon, which made it come across as being almost the same as the Black Oil from The X-Files.

Hudson

Hudson

I just realized how similar the oil was earlier today.  ::)

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

If you are not able to notice that you wrote 2 characters getting lost even though they have devices that can tell where they are and there are people that can communicate with them, have camera feeds and life readings..... what would you call that?

Unless there's a scene missing that is some real lazy writing to get these characters to some other place in the story.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

I'm actually gonna tweet that to Spaihts....hear his explanation....that portion is a bit unforgivable.

DARIAS93

DARIAS93

Prometheus was... okay.  It had great performances from the cast, but it's a very flawed film.  The editing was weird, the storyline was crap, the aliens... Well, let's not go there.   I think the visual effects saved the movie.  If it weren't for that, the movie would have been bad.  I'm not saying I didn't like the film.  I'm saying it could have been so, SO MUCH BETTER.

P.S. – I think the most annoying aspect of the film is this: What makes you think the company won't send another spaceship to investigate the planet?  They know where it is.  Also, wouldn't they care if Weyland didn't come back to Earth?  Wouldn't they feel concerned?

My Current Movie Ranks:

1. Aliens
2. Alien
3. Predator
4. Prometheus
5. Alien vs. Predator
6. Alien 3
7. Predator 2
8. Predators
9. Alien: Resurrection
10. AVPR

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I just came back from seeing it and I saw it with low exceptions. The movie was awesome and I love every second of it. The effects were top notch, best 3D that I saw since Avatar. The movie had great atmosphere, the acting was good, and it actually made me care for these characters more than I thought I would. I personally like how the movie left many unanswered questions for the viewer and I don't see how that is a bad thing. Overall, I enjoy every moment of the film.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jun 09, 2012, 11:11:27 PMI would bet that Lindelof and Spaihts put their all into this project. Maybe we don't like the outcome, but it doesn't mean it's lazy.

Just incompetent. Come on, the screenplay is rotten and it ruins what could of been a great film.

IMHO.

evolution_rex

evolution_rex

I liked Prometheus and thought all the complaints that people are making were created by fans who were hoping for the impossible. The problems with the movie weren't near as bad as the members has made them out to be.

Anyone else thought the good parts outweighed the bad parts?

Space7Horror

Space7Horror

I did I thought the movie was great and after u think about it more it gets even better.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: cloverfan98 on Jun 09, 2012, 11:17:03 PM

Lazy may not be the right word as I'm sure you are right and that they put their all in to it, but many of the plot elements felt very derivative of ideas from other scifi films. For  instance the Oil was a weapon, which made it come across as being almost the same as the Black Oil from The X-Files.

Also reminded me of this:
http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/article/Glistening_oil

Strangely enough, the metathran from mtg are kind of like the engineers. Humanoid guys with bluish skin, dark eyes and great strength and agility.

:D

evolution_rex

evolution_rex

I give this film a good 4/5.

I honestly think a lot of people are complaining about nothing. They're over exaggerating how bad it is. It has it's flaws, but none as major as the members here have said they were.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: AVPVT Extinction on Jun 09, 2012, 11:48:52 PM
Prometheus was... okay.  It had great performances from the cast, but it's a very flawed film.  The editing was weird, the storyline was crap, the aliens... Well, let's not go there.   I think the visual effects saved the movie.  If it weren't for that, the movie would have been bad.  I'm not saying I didn't like the film.  I'm saying it could have been so, SO MUCH BETTER.

P.S. – I think the most annoying aspect of the film is this: What makes you think the company won't send another spaceship to investigate the planet?  They know where it is.  Also, wouldn't they care if Weyland didn't come back to Earth?  Wouldn't they feel concerned?

My Current Movie Ranks:

1. Aliens
2. Alien
3. Predator
4. Prometheus
5. Alien vs. Predator
6. Alien 3
7. Predator 2
8. Predators
9. Alien: Resurrection
10. AVPR

Actually if Prometheus spawns a pure, Alien film sequel then it was worth it, no matter the flaws. A Weyland co. rescue party could land on lv-223, hoping to find out what happened to the ship, its crew and Weyland himself only to find that variant of the alien and the eggs it had laid.(hey there's no evidence to rule out that it could be some variant of a queen or proto-queen, whatever the specifics may be.)

mastermoon

mastermoon

Quote from: evolution_rex on Jun 10, 2012, 12:06:12 AM
I liked Prometheus and thought all the complaints that people are making were created by fans who were hoping for the impossible. The problems with the movie weren't near as bad as the members has made them out to be.

Anyone else thought the good parts outweighed the bad parts?

I've watched the movie three times now and it's a really good movie. I agree with topic creator.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed