NGR01 SAW PROMETHEUS! SPOILERS!!!

Started by NGR01, May 26, 2012, 10:10:50 AM

Author
NGR01 SAW PROMETHEUS! SPOILERS!!! (Read 168,933 times)

ChrisPachi

Spoiler
I would BET shaw will be the SJ we see in ALIEN in a future sequel if that's what you wanted to know. Everything in Prometheus is predictable so I guess it is the logical thing to happen
[close]

Woah, that's just a guess. It can't be, that is so far beyond common sense even a room full of chimps wouldn't put it to paper. Lindelof might though...

StrangeShape

Quote from: AsapJockey on May 30, 2012, 03:55:10 AM
Spoiler
She can't be that Space Jockey in ALIEN because, it died thousand of years before the events in prometheus. CUZ if she is, she ate & got huge & grew and fossilized in 30 years.
[close]
One of the members here actually gave a good scientific explanation how the Jockey is not really fossilized, thats just a statement Dallas makes, whos not really a scientist

Le Celticant

Spoiler
She can't be that Space Jockey in ALIEN because, it died thousand of years before the events in prometheus. CUZ if she is, she ate & got huge & grew and fossilized in 30 years.
[close]
Spoiler
And you still think after ALL the glitch alien license has suffer they can't say otherwise again?
Be reasonable, please. John Spaith wrote it, the guy knows so little.
[close]

It's getting late... I mean early (05:57) going to bed.
I'll answer your questions in 7 - 8 hours.
Cya

ChrisPachi

Quote from: StrangeShape on May 30, 2012, 03:56:59 AM
Spoiler
[close]
One of the members here actually gave a good scientific explanation how the Jockey is not really fossilized, thats just a statement Dallas makes, whos not really a scientist

It doesn't matter whether Dallas knows what he's talking about or not; that line is in the film to tell us that the SJ is old, so it's old.

AsapJockey

ITS HUGE & MAD OLD, no way.

RagingDragon

Quote from: Cvalda on May 30, 2012, 03:54:19 AM
Quote from: Le Celticant on May 30, 2012, 03:51:24 AM
Quote from: Cvalda on May 30, 2012, 03:47:53 AM
Le Celticant, can you give your take on why the Jockeys want to wipe us out? Please tell me it's not as dumb as "We turned out too violent or powerful" or somesuch tired cliche crap.
Spoiler
They don't say it. If you really want to be spoiled:
Spoiler
SHAW is leaving with another Derelict ship at the ending to go on the SJ planet because she wants to know why they want to destroy us.
[close]
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Come now, you didn't know this?

Hey thanks, Celticant.  For better or worse, I appreciate the time and your thoughts.

Cvalda

G'nite Le Celticant. Sorry for you and us your news wasn't better :'(

Quote from: RagingDragon on May 30, 2012, 04:01:51 AM
I didn't know there was apparently actually no explanation, which is almost as bad as there being a crappy one. >:(

orchidal

Can someone please tell me what ADI means?
Its making me scratch my head evry time I read it here

StrangeShape

Quote from: orchidal on May 30, 2012, 04:05:10 AM

Designers of the alien in Alien 3, Res, AVP and AVPR

Cvalda

The effects company who did the Alien suits for the last several films featuring the creature. They did good in ALIEN 3. Everything after that... went downhill, to be generous.

Deuterium

Amalgamated Dynamics, Inc.

StrangeShape

Quote from: Cvalda on May 30, 2012, 04:06:35 AM
The effects company who did the Alien suits for the last several films featuring the creature. They did good in ALIEN 3. Everything after that... went downhill, to be generous.

Precisely. Runner is neat, but anything after that is terrible to say the least. They got rid of all the biomech parts, gave alien flesh, muscles and got id of the sexual overtones in the design

RagingDragon

Quote from: Cvalda on May 30, 2012, 04:02:59 AM

I didn't know there was apparently actually no explanation, which is almost as bad as there being a crappy one. >:(

They're saving it for the sequel.

Spoiler
Dis movie about Weyland, plain and simple.  The one jockey is a soldier-type, the ships are bombers, and Shaw and David are the only ones left alive.  David can fly the ship... I mean, it's almost not that bad out of sheer necessity for the characters.

They have 2 options, take the ship back to earth and deal with the shitstorm and possible spread of the DNA and annihilation of their species, or say f**k-it-all and head to the Jockey world.  Maybe they want to turn the tables, despite how cringe-worthy that prospect is. :laugh:

It could definitely be better, but... I don't know, don't mind it.  I actually think it's kind of cool, especially if we're attached to the characters properly by credits.
[close]

thecaffeinatedone

Almagamated Dynamics and Tom Woodruff's slime fetish....eesh.

Deuterium

Quote from: RagingDragon on May 30, 2012, 04:09:47 AM
Quote from: Cvalda on May 30, 2012, 04:02:59 AM

They're saving it for the sequel.

Spoiler
Dis movie about Weyland, plain and simple.  The one jockey is a soldier-type, the ships are bombers, and Shaw and David are the only ones left alive.  David can fly the ship... I mean, it's almost not that bad out of sheer necessity for the characters.

They have 2 options, take the ship back to earth and deal with the shitstorm and possible spread of the DNA and annihilation of their species, or say f**k-it-all and head to the Jockey world.  Maybe they want to turn the tables, despite how cringe-worthy that prospect is. :laugh:

It could definitely be better, but... I don't know, don't mind it.  I actually think it's kind of cool, especially if we're attached to the characters properly by credits.
[close]

RD, that simply is not an excuse.  The film has to stand (or fall) on it's own, with no built-in appeal to a possible sequel to answer MAJOR, fundamental questions.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed