NGR01 SAW PROMETHEUS! SPOILERS!!!

Started by NGR01, May 26, 2012, 10:10:50 AM

Author
NGR01 SAW PROMETHEUS! SPOILERS!!! (Read 168,923 times)

NGR01

Quote from: Kev Loaf on May 29, 2012, 01:44:39 PM
Also it appears that NG have seen an edited version of the film. One of my sources claims that there is more to the intro:

The sacrafise engineer was not alone. There was another that helped the humans evolve. They did it againts the wishes of the elder SJ. When they discover this they decide to destroy the humans but are sabotaged by the brother/friend of sacrafise who is in turned killed by the black liquid.

LOL yeah right ^^
This is BS but chose what you want to believe mate.
:)

Qwertify

Quote from: NGR01 on May 29, 2012, 01:32:38 PM

Whatever...
;)

You have to watch out for those you help. Sometimes its not what people expect and they hate you for it.

If the story had some real twists and Scott and Lindelof thought of something ingenoius that none of us were thinking but at the same time makes a huge amount of sense, and other surprises, then I am sure people would be better disposed to your report.

Again - thanks for taking the time to write all this out.

Some of this is hard to believe. It really all feels like a dream - that this can't be true.

Truly Scott is much more interested in creating a vision and a feeling of dread than he is exploring the origins of mankind and the mysteries of extraterrestrial life. It really feels like they could have done so much more - but I guess with a two hour film and an audience that doesn't want to get that into all the science it makes sense to make a more linear film.

It would have been nice if there had been a stronger link to why the Juggernaut leaves and why they created us in the first place. Also if Weyland had a bigger role, and if the creation of the bioweapons was more fleshed out and logical - rather than having some simple mutating factor. That and many other things actually - and it seems a shame as I don't think any of that would have really flown over the heads of other people.

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: Ruzena on May 29, 2012, 01:54:12 PM
Spoiler
What will shaw fecking eat on her way to SJ homeplanet? Cobra alien worms or contents of the urns?Ah wait she will crawl into one of the sarcophagi freeze herself and let David pilot the ship... OH WAIT david is evil... OH WAIT *head explodes* This scenario been written by 12 year old drunk child right?
[close]

LOL

Qwertify,
ALIEN was a B movie done in a A way.
PROMETHEUS is the same, but on steroid action.
Thats is all. It can be apreciated for what it is.
They should have stayed with the idea of direct prequel (the movie would have worked perfectly like that) and not try to tackle those grand concept with lousy screenwriters.
Basically i blame Scott, he's the one who had the last word and he chosed poorly.

zuzuki

NGR01 anything on Yutani?
Spoiler
And maybe the reason why he gets in the cryo chambers is because they were all going to sleep on the journey to earth.They didn't know some of them are infected. So 4 of them get in the cryo tubes, and from 3 of them xenos errupt. Those xenos then start hunting the rest of the engineers in the ship and the base. Leavin only one engineer in cryo sleep, unaware of the devastation happening around him
[close]

TimmyTurnersDad

Quote from: NGR01 on May 29, 2012, 01:54:23 PM
Some glaring holes i have noticed without even seeing the movie are
Spoiler

QuoteWhy is the Jockey in cryosleep? He just decided to take a 2000 year nap after the outbreak, then go to earth? Is he not reporting to someone else?

They were already leaving for Earth when the outbreak happened, at least 3 were already infected by xeno like creature.
The 3 sarcophagis with holes in their chest. The weirdest thing is that when David plays the hologram in the pilot room, the Engineers are not panicking or anything. They are just getting ready, talking to each other (you don't hear them just blurbs) like a flight crew getting ready. My first idea was that he was infected too and went into cryo to stop the growing of the parasite waiting for help... But no...
[close]

A possible explanation just crossed my mind, though it is a wee bit shaky:

Spoiler
Is it possible the Engineer decided to go into cyrosleep in order to 'wait out' the outbreak in order to survive?
[close]

NGR01

Quote from: zuzuki on May 29, 2012, 02:03:54 PM
Spoiler
And maybe the reason why he gets in the cryo chambers is because they were all going to sleep on the journey to earth.They didn't know some of them are infected. So 4 of them get in the cryo tubes, and from 3 of them xenos errupt. Those xenos then start hunting the rest of the engineers in the ship and the base. Leavin only one engineer in cryo sleep, unaware of the devastation happening around him
[close]

Not a word on Yutani.
As for your theory, maybe.

TimmyTurnersDad,
that works too.

mastermoon

Hello NGR01, you never confirmed to me if Prometheus is a good movie and better then the AVP's.

Kev Loaf

The engineer going into to cryo to wait out the events that happened at the base does not make sense.

Why would anyone decide to "wait out" in the exact same location the bad things happen. Also right next to 3 other sarcophigus with ingected engineers. Maybe he did not know they were infected but still a dumb place to hide.

No doubt, we will get a prequel of a prequel comic telling us what happened at the engineer base.

Bollocks to all of it. Piss poor story telling.

Qwertify

Quote from: TimmyTurnersDad on May 29, 2012, 01:46:19 PM
NGR01, I was wondering; It seems to be rather universal that the film's show stealers are Shaw and David (the latter especially, it seems), and I was wondering if you think either one would have any chance for getting an Oscar nomination for these roles?

Also, Kev Loaf, you're right about needing a great writer and what-not, and especially right that Lindelof really isn't as smart as he thinks he is, but there's still hope in the sequel: unless the script for it has already been written, there's always a chance Lindelof won't be picked to write/co-write the script. Especially if a different director picks up the new franchise from Ridley's hands, should he end up too busy on whatever that Blade Runner-related film will be.

Sci-Fi and Horror are not good genres for winning an Oscar. Actually I don't think there has ever been an Oscar winner who played in a Horror or Space Sci-Fi that won an academy award.

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: mastermoon on May 29, 2012, 02:10:21 PM
Hello NGR01, you never confirmed to me if Prometheus is a good movie and better then the AVP's.

Lol I answered that question already just read and make up you mind.
Even better just wait and see the movie.

Quote from: Kev Loaf on May 29, 2012, 02:11:33 PM
Bollocks to all of it. Piss poor story telling.

SPOILERS MATE ;)
Rework your post with spoilers.
Thanks.

Fassbender is good but it's not oscar worthy.
Could have been if the story was treated right.

zuzuki

Quote from: NGR01 on May 29, 2012, 02:07:56 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Not a word on Yutani.

TimmyTurnersDad,
that works too.
If they gave clear shots of the holes in the 3 sarcophagi, added to the holograms then they will imply this happen. creatures emerged form the 3 engineers, punctured the sarcophagi, proceeded to kill everyone, so the ship never launched to go to earth, and the only survivor was this guy, forgotten. Either way i find it strange no one from their homeworld came to check in on them. If a sequel does happen, i dunno how they will pull it off. I don't want them to find a dead civilization with everything abandoned and old.

Kev Loaf

Kev Loaf

I'm in lectures viewing via mobile. Cannot spoiler. Sorry about that. Will do it when I get back.

Man, bitterly disappointed. I was not expecting much but this story is seriously shit. Its only a one notch improvement from AvP and AvPR as far as I'm concerned.

RS run of piss poor films continues. Not made a decent flick since Gladiator

Quote from: zuzuki on May 29, 2012, 02:15:45 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Not a word on Yutani.

TimmyTurnersDad,
that works too.
If they gave clear shots of the holes in the 3 sarcophagi, added to the holograms then they will imply this happen. creatures emerged form the 3 engineers, punctured the sarcophagi, proceeded to kill everyone, so the ship never launched to go to earth, and the only survivor was this guy, forgotten. Either way i find it strange no one from their homeworld came to check in on them. If a sequel does happen, i dunno how they will pull it off. I don't want them to find a dead civilization with everything abandoned and old.

If a sequel does happen, I expect them to paper over some of the bullshit in Prometheus. They either invest in a good writer/director or don't bother. Del Toro would be an awesome choice. 

GreatKnower

GreatKnower

I cant believe that Scott is that petty to allow a script that is designed to have a sequel. Its ok to have a few tangents that could lead to another movie, but every question you raise in a story should have its own answer within the same story. Reveal another layer at the end of the story that doesnt directly impact the story itself, but so far this screenplay seems like the opposite.....We will raise so many questions with no answers that "fans" will demand a sequel in which we will do the exact same thing. I think this is going to backfire in Lindelof and Scott's face just like a xeno if these synopsis' are true.

Ridley has stated he didnt like what the "non canon" Alien movies did with the xeno, but he has just done the exact same thing to his own SJ, trivialize the bad aliens, take away the space wonder element to be replaced with idiot humans and meaningless infighting.

They should have just called the movie "To Be Continued Part 1"

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Spoiler
[close]

Not a word on Yutani.

TimmyTurnersDad,
that works too.
Well a small moon orbiting a back waters planers is similar to a small island in the middle of the ocean on earth. It's pretty easy to be lost and forgotten even today. Still does not explain the time lapse. There has to be more that hasn't been shown. Maybe fox is banking the info on the blu-ray sales lol.

Maybe Prometheus will be two parts, like originally intended for the alien prequel; with shaw returning with gods fire in part two...

NGR01

NGR01

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
There is no clear shots of the holes in the sarcophagis.
I had to focus on them to make sure they were still there.
Stuff have been changed from the trailers (Fifiled doesnt have elongated limbs, no PROMETHEUS written all over the ship's hull) so it could have been the same for the holes.
Only Fifield adresses the holes in chest when he see the pile of dead engineers bodies in one of the corridors.
[close]

The movie is so set up for a sequel and franchise that its just lame.
they could have gave a lot in PROMETHEUS and there would be a lot to find but they chose not to...
TO BE CONTINUED the movie is perfect.
Pretty hard to believe the sequel is not already set...
And it's gonna be pretty awfull if the movie don't hit and they don't get to do the sequel as Scott's wants.
Because don't you fool yourselves we are going to get PROMETHEUS 2 but it's the box office numbers that will make it either a new Ridley Scott movie with more ambition or just another Paul Aanderson shit.
Fox is not gonna let go this new franchise.
It would need to really bomb for FOX to leave it be.
But i doubt the movie will bomb, no way it will make its money back and even more on dvd.
Prepare for Engineer VS Aliens VS Predators ^^

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed