L'Ecran Fantastique translations **SPOILERS!!!***

Started by tonyt2000, May 24, 2012, 10:52:38 PM

Author
L'Ecran Fantastique translations **SPOILERS!!!*** (Read 8,390 times)

tonyt2000

Quote from: zuzuki on May 25, 2012, 01:52:36 AM
Yes i see it now. the post wasn't there when i begun writing mine. Still, pretty f**ked up to put that in the article

Yeah, I agree.  My heart sank a bit when I first read that, especially considering all that the filmmakers have done to dispel that notion, but thankfully that doesn't appear to be happening.  Whatever, I'm still so damned stoked it's ridiculous!

RoaryUK

Quote from: Some Mothers Do Have Em! on May 25, 2012, 02:11:58 AM
I don't see what the problem is with the sarcophagus not being there. We clearly see the chair rise up out of the platform in this film. What's to say the sarcophagus can't dissapear into the platform also? Would easily explain why they are not there in ALIEN. What's to say the rest of the ship can't chop and change itself?
I think some of you just need to relax and enjoy the movie for what it is...when it comes out.

I think something got lost in translation reguarding the "same planatoid" revelation, we've known for a long time it's not the same place or ship, but it does seem likely (if the rest is accurate) this film does intend explaining the connection between the two incidents.

ThisBethesdaSea

Amen Some! I don't get the hot and cold....for these people, Prometheus will only fail, they secretly want it to, IMO....

RoaryUK

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 25, 2012, 02:17:27 AM
Amen Some! I don't get the hot and cold....for these people, Prometheus will only fail, they secretly want it to, IMO....

Don't be stupid, nobody 'wants' Prometheus to fail, there's just a lot of expectation that's all, but these latest revelations should give people a lot of renewed hope.

ThisBethesdaSea

As I said....IMO....the stupid remark isn't appreciated.

tonyt2000

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 25, 2012, 02:28:20 AM

Yeah, no stupid here, just a lot of excited folks (like me) and huge expectations, which I expect to be met in spades!

RoaryUK

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 25, 2012, 02:28:20 AM

My apologies ThisBethesdaSea, while I did over-react to what I felt was a stupid remark by you earlier (not that you are stupid), I realise you were venturing an opinion...peace!

Vickers Valiant

I personally know that this movie will not live up to my expectations or standards, but I know that I'm going to at least enjoy it.

Ooze on First

Wow!

Some serious super-spaz geekery going on over a mistranslated article
Get a grip people.

ThisBethesdaSea

How do you know Vickers?  What are your standards?

OpenMaw

Do tell me, Bethesda, because I have been very critical of this film in terms of it's basis in science, and I want to ask... What exactly would be the motivation for wanting a movie ALL of us have waited for, for years, and years, to fail? Why would I want that?

RustiSwordz

Quote from: zuzuki on May 25, 2012, 01:39:56 AM
Quote from: RustiSwordz on May 25, 2012, 12:46:17 AM
I'm a little dissappointed that:

Spoiler
This is the planet in ALIEN and the Juggernaught is the Derelict ship. That means the ALIEN is in it I presume at the end.
[close]
::)
I'm dissapointed at that too. They said that the ending in this film is not the ship crashing on lv-426 with the eggs , but after this it seems that this is exactly how the movie will end. I mean wtf, if it is the same ship they should have used the same freakin designs for the interior. If it's the same ship, where the hell are the sarcophagi in alien, and the different wall designs and platform in the room. Plus in alien, there are no doors in the room, entirely different design. You can't explain the difference just with : ''hey, in this movie everything is new, in alien it was decayed''. Bulshit.

And if this planetoid is lv-223 and the ship crashes in the trailer on lv-223, why state it is the same planetoid as in alien?

Something is really messed up here, either with the article,either with the translation.

And he said we will se a naked engineer in the beggining. Did twitter girl said there wasn't any naked engineer, or that there was?

Exactly my point too. Also I don't buy this 'lost in translation' bit for one second I think the cat is right out the bag. :(

Crap, crap.

tonyt2000

So, the entire film takes place on a planet other than LV-426 and somehow ends up on LV-426?  I'm not buying that, myself, and I think it was more someone in that article who was not involved with the writing of the film getting their information wrong, or there's a helluva plot twist that they're not revealing yet. Frankly, that would be about the only thing that would be a major disappointment to me.  Whatever the case may be, we'll sure as hell find out soon enough.

OpenMaw

I think it's a translation error or a misunderstanding on the writers part.

The phrase being used a lot is "Planetary system" which is no different than saying "Solar System" as far as I know.

Yes, it's the same system, but it's a different planet.

No LV426. Lindelof has said so, first vaguely, and then fairly certainly. It's a done deal.

zuzuki

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 25, 2012, 05:24:16 AM
I think it's a translation error or a misunderstanding on the writers part.

The phrase being used a lot is "Planetary system" which is no different than saying "Solar System" as far as I know.

Yes, it's the same system, but it's a different planet.

No LV426. Lindelof has said so, first vaguely, and then fairly certainly. It's a done deal.
It's not only the part about the planetary system. H e clearely states afterward that it's the same planetoid as the one in Alien and Aliens. In another part he clearely says it's also the same ship, but in mint condition, it didn't have time to deteriorate as we saw it in Alien and that it's the same Jockey. That's why i'm confused. And the way i read it at least, these aren't noted from the writer, but answers from the people involved. And a bad translation doesn't account for all the above mentioned parts suporting the same idea: same planet,ship,jockey. Really hope it's a big misunderstanding. Maybe NGR01 can try to translate the parts mot a mot from the original french article to see if this is true

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed