Prometheus US Launch Thread

Started by RagingDragon, May 24, 2012, 04:01:17 PM

Author
Prometheus US Launch Thread (Read 36,547 times)

Prime113

Prime113

:laugh: Ah, what can I say, I'm a lover.

>:( You're gonna give me shit about that forever, aren't you? You and RagingDragon.  :laugh: :laugh: I kid. You guys are too awesome to be mad at.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 01, 2012, 08:02:16 PM
Or A Serbian Film. My soul has yet to recover.
Not even going to bother. Sounds like trash. At least Antichrist is art. :P

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Needless to say, how often in this day and age do we get people in the jobs that they're best at?  Rare, if my experience counts for anything.

It was the same way when I was pursuing a career in comic art.  I met several creators, and the sad fact that the best people for the job aren't necessarily the ones that have the jobs came up constantly.  That's why people like Ridley are truly rare, the combination of being good at what he does and pursuing it to great success, and this translates as a healthy product for the rest of us.  Evidence of his passion, one we should all be so lucky to realize.

f**k.  Back to writing.  This helps.

Spoiler

Edit - HOLY f**kING crap 18 replies.  Well shit this comment would've applied 20 minutes ago.

Prime113

Prime113

:laugh: Comment is still true, RD.

Ooze on First

Ooze on First

Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 01, 2012, 07:57:10 PM
-_- I'm seeing a lot of non-usian's/canadians in here. RD! What's going on here?!  :laugh: :P I kid with you guys. But, this is suppose to be a thread for anticipation, not negativity!

Agreed.
Looks like the whiners travel in packs to spread their offal where they may.  ::)
I'm gonna have to make some serious use of ye olde 'ignore' function.  :P

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 01, 2012, 08:03:38 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 01, 2012, 08:02:16 PM
Or A Serbian Film. My soul has yet to recover.
Not even going to bother. Sounds like trash. At least Antichrist is art. :P
;D
Spoiler
[close]

Might wanna stay away from Martyrs as well, Prime. That one is brutal. It has ideas but it's brutal...

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Ooze on First on Jun 01, 2012, 08:08:24 PM
Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 01, 2012, 07:57:10 PM
-_- I'm seeing a lot of non-usian's/canadians in here. RD! What's going on here?!  :laugh: :P I kid with you guys. But, this is suppose to be a thread for anticipation, not negativity!

Agreed.
Looks like the whiners travel in packs to spread their offal where they may.  ::)

Nah, I wouldn't call any of them whiners. There are some great people on this site who just don't enjoy it, nothing wrong with that. I just don't want to look at it while I'm still anticipating greatness!  ;D

Also, for US fans who see the midnight showing in IMAX will receive an exclusive poster. http://collider.com/prometheus-imax-poster/170455/

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Ooze on First on Jun 01, 2012, 08:08:24 PM
Please do. :)

Quote from: Eva on Jun 01, 2012, 08:08:54 PM
Might wanna stay away from Martyrs as well, buddy. That one is brutal. It has ideas but it's brutal...
I hated that film. Hated it. I can't remember being more angry or offended after leaving a film.

Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 01, 2012, 08:10:10 PM
Nah, I wouldn't call any of them whiners. There are some great people on this site who just don't enjoy it, nothing wrong with that.
Shoosh! Leave him to his newb rage.

Prime113

Prime113

Soz. Just trying to stick up for meh homies.  :(

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 01, 2012, 08:12:40 PM
Soz. Just trying to stick up for meh homies.  :(
I know. ;) <3

Valaquen

Valaquen

That Prometheus poster looks great. Want one!

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 01, 2012, 07:58:35 PM
You can negatively anticipate something. :P

It is like somehow knowing there is going to be a massive train derailment.  You know it will be a disaster, but you can't look away.

Now, I am not specifically comparing Prometheus to a train derailment...

Oh Ridley...why?  WHY???

<< Runs upstairs and cries into his pillow >>

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I don't think you can get much more anticipation than what the trailers have already thrown at us.

I like being able to talk about it from an outsiders point-of-view, I feel it allows me to judge the film with fairness from the first viewing, so I don't have to overcome the initial shock of something so new and in-your-face while trying to analyze it with a critical eye at the same time.  That's always a bitch.

You can be excited or dreading its' release in here, I don't care, but it's funny that when you whine about "whiners" you actually become one yourself.  We're not "whining," we're very artfully and thoroughly discussing many points in the film, views expressed, and properties of writing and filmmaking in general.  You'd know that if you could, well, comprehend what you read.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Deuterium, we've been through a lot in this forum together the last several months. If you bow out after Prometheus, I'm gonna miss ya :'(

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 01, 2012, 08:23:17 PM
Deuterium, we've been through a lot in this forum together the last several months. If you bow out after Prometheus, I'm gonna miss ya :'(

Nah, I am gonna stick around.  I love you guys and gals!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed