Prometheus US Launch Thread

Started by RagingDragon, May 24, 2012, 04:01:17 PM

Author
Prometheus US Launch Thread (Read 36,577 times)

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 01, 2012, 07:25:15 PM
Their involvement with, say, Alien Resurrection was to tell Fox that it would ruin the series. That's that. As for AVP, no involvement whatsoever other than contractual obligation on the part of Fox.

My bad.  My information was based on the fact that their names are on the credits of every Alien-based film thats been released.  I had no idea that it was only there to serve the purpose of an old contract.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Promethean Fire on Jun 01, 2012, 07:37:51 PM
I never liked the way that Giler always trashed O'Bannon's script in interviews.
Yeah, it's very unprofessional and rude. But O'Bannon's script was awful :D

And it's not that O'Bannon hasn't said some ridiculous crap himself :P

Promethean Fire

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 01, 2012, 07:41:49 PM
Quote from: Promethean Fire on Jun 01, 2012, 07:37:51 PM
I never liked the way that Giler always trashed O'Bannon's script in interviews.
Yeah, it's very unprofessional and rude. But O'Bannon's script was awful :D

And it's not that O'Bannon hasn't said some ridiculous crap himself :P

Haha.  Man, O'Bannon, God rest him, he never stopped going on about who wrote what! :P

Eva

Eva

Giler didn't quite come across as a guy you'd like to hang out with on the documentaries surrounding the Alien3 production either. The same could be said with - I forgot his name - the executive guy Fox brought in to restrain Fincher and essentially tell him how to make the film. He's the one who is currently in control of Camerons production company I believe.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Eva on Jun 01, 2012, 07:44:50 PM
Giler didn't quite come across as a guy you'd like to hang out with on the documentaries surrounding the Alien3 production either. The same could be said with - I forgot his name - the executive guy Fox brought in to restrain Fincher and essentially tell him how to make the film. He's the one who is currently in control of Camerons production company I believe.
Ezra Swerdlow was brought in to restrain Fincher. The other guy is Jon Landau, who comes across like a total milquetoast suit in his interviews :laugh:

Prime113

Prime113

6 days and 22 hours until this greatness touches meh eyes!!!!!!!!!! I am excited. Maybe even fukcing excited, I don't know!  :laugh: :laugh:

Promethean Fire

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 01, 2012, 07:47:12 PM
Ezra Swerdlow was brought in to restrain Fincher. The other guy is Jon Landau, who comes across like a total milquetoast suit in his interviews :laugh:

Jon Landau is another ball busting prick.  But he doesn't back down out of a fight.  Which is why Cameron hired him at Lightstorm.

Eva

Eva

That's the one. He comes across as someone who kisses Camerons ass at any occasion and asks for seconds, but maybe that's just me  :D PS: what does milquetoast mean?  ???

Valaquen

Valaquen

Landau is disgusting. The way he talks about Fincher's "difficulties" as though he had nothing to do with them  ::)

EDIT: Eva, a milquetoast is someone who is ineffectual, bland, etc. Which Landau is.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Eva on Jun 01, 2012, 07:55:10 PM
That's the one. He comes across as someone who kisses Camerons ass at any occasion and asks for seconds, but maybe that's just me  :D PS: what does milquetoast mean?  ???
"A milquetoast is a weak, ineffectual or bland person." Granted I'm sure he's a greedy viper beneath that becalmed, jowly mask.

Prime113

Prime113

-_- I'm seeing a lot of non-usian's/canadians in here. RD! What's going on here?!  :laugh: :P I kid with you guys. But, this is suppose to be a thread for anticipation, not negativity!

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 01, 2012, 07:57:10 PM
-_- I'm seeing a lot of non-usian's/canadians in here. RD! What's going on here?!  :laugh: :P I kid with you guys. But, this is suppose to be a thread for anticipation, not negativity!
You can negatively anticipate something. :P

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 01, 2012, 07:58:35 PM
Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 01, 2012, 07:57:10 PM
You can negatively anticipate something. :P

Uhhh. Yeah, yeah, you're right.  :( I just want everybody here to love it, so we can all get along and be friends.  :D :D

Cvalda

Cvalda

You are just a tender, innocent lamb, Prime. Definitely never see Antichrist :laugh:

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 01, 2012, 08:01:30 PM
You are just a tender, innocent lamb, Prime. Definitely never see Antichrist :laugh:
Or A Serbian Film. My soul has yet to recover.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed