Prometheus US Launch Thread

Started by RagingDragon, May 24, 2012, 04:01:17 PM

Author
Prometheus US Launch Thread (Read 36,586 times)

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: TWAK on Jun 01, 2012, 02:04:50 AM
Quote from: El Diablo on Jun 01, 2012, 01:17:34 AM
Universal Studios has a pretty great IMAX screen, just line up early because they don't have assigned seating.
Hmm I just paid for 4 tickets in the G section  ???
"G" section means general seating. (sometimes)
Edit: thanks Ash 937

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jun 01, 2012, 05:55:37 AM
Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 01, 2012, 04:46:54 AM
I think this delay between releases is the best thing that could of happened.

Now I know to prepare myself for what's likely going to be the disjointed, ill-conceived, major disappointment I've been trying to convince myself for the last four months this wouldn't end up being.

Maybe all this pre-release anger will give way to calm resignation once I come to terms with said disappointment, and just accept this as an enjoyable spinoff ala Alien Resurrection.

But goddamn will it look prettttttyyyy.

I think your going to be pleasantly surprised at how good this film is! As good as Aliens is say (but I'm not an Aliens fan)
As good as ALIENS? We will see, but I highly doubt that.

ryanjayhawk

ryanjayhawk

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 01, 2012, 04:40:33 AM
Quote from: ryanjayhawk on Jun 01, 2012, 03:08:09 AM
I'm trying soooooo hard to not read any of the spoiler threads.... but geez so many tempting ones have popped up just this evening...
You've held out this long dude.  Hold on.

Yeah I'm going to Chicago tonight for my brother-in-law's birthday... and won't be home till late Monday night, so that should help me avoid the internet and then 4 days and BOOM!

Ash 937

Ash 937

Universal Studios has a pretty great IMAX screen, just line up early because they don't have assigned seating.

They actually do have assigned seating...which is one of the reasons I already purchased tickets to the midnight screening.  Now I don't have to wait in line for hours for it.

Maybe all this pre-release anger will give way to calm resignation once I come to terms with said disappointment, and just accept this as an enjoyable spinoff ala Alien Resurrection.

I'm expecting something more along the lines of Alien3.  When people talk of Prometheus as something both cerebral and aesthetically ambitious, I tend to think of Alien3.  And for the record, I don't think Alien3 is a bad film at all.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

One more week!!! Can't wait :D

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I know, the week of hell! :laugh:  Stay frosty boys and girls, almost there.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Predaker on Jun 01, 2012, 10:02:46 AM
Quote from: TWAK on Jun 01, 2012, 02:04:50 AM
Hmm I just paid for 4 tickets in the G section  ???
"G" section means general seating. (sometimes)
Edit: thanks Ash 937

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jun 01, 2012, 05:55:37 AM
I think this delay between releases is the best thing that could of happened.

Now I know to prepare myself for what's likely going to be the disjointed, ill-conceived, major disappointment I've been trying to convince myself for the last four months this wouldn't end up being.

I think your going to be pleasantly surprised at how good this film is! As good as Aliens is say (but I'm not an Aliens fan)
As good as ALIENS? We will see, but I highly doubt that.

That's just my opinion, loved aliens as a stand alone film but not as an alien film. Hated what Cameron did to the alien

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jun 01, 2012, 04:36:50 PM
That's just my opinion, loved aliens as a stand alone film but not as an alien film. Hated what Cameron did to the alien

That's totally understandable...and who knows, maybe we will all hate what Ridley does with the Space Jockey.  I always assumed that the whole thing was a fossil instead of a suit and that nothing was inside of it.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Ash 937 on Jun 01, 2012, 05:10:48 PM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jun 01, 2012, 04:36:50 PM

That's totally understandable...and who knows, maybe we will all hate what Ridley does with the Space Jockey.  I always assumed that the whole thing was a fossil instead of a suit and that nothing was inside of it.

Thy could have gone in any direction but they took the easy way out but in the end that isn't a bad thig! The engineers are the best thing in the film

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jun 01, 2012, 05:21:10 PM

Thy could have gone in any direction but they took the easy way out but in the end that isn't a bad thig! The engineers are the best thing in the film

Maybe they are and maybe they aren't.  I wouldn't know since I'm trying to avoid reading any posts about it in other threads.  This thread seems safe from spoilers since the general American audience hasn't had a chance to see Prometheus yet. 

My hope is that this thread remains spoiler free until the American release of the film.

Morpheus

Morpheus

Prometheus release in here on 15/06

Jesus,help me...I can't wait anymore!

Predaker

Predaker

I made the wait easier by reading spoilers. Lol    ;)

Promethean Fire

Oh man, I remember when I was just like you guys are now.  Savour it while it lasts...

Valaquen

Valaquen

If anyone can love Alien 3 despite its gaping plot holes and illogical scenes and unsympathetic characters ... then you may very well learn to love Prometheus in the same manner. Difference being, Prometheus won't piss anyone off as Alien 3 did upon release. It won't be the series' pariah. It'll merely disappoint you.

Mastes1

Mastes1

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 01, 2012, 06:13:18 PM
If anyone can love Alien 3 despite its gaping plot holes and illogical scenes and unsympathetic characters ... then you may very well learn to love Prometheus in the same manner. Difference being, Prometheus won't piss anyone off as Alien 3 did upon release. It won't be the series' pariah. It'll merely disappoint you.
IMO ALEIN3 is a better film than Prometheus, thats just MY opninon though and i was one of those 9 or 10 people that atually loved ALIEN3 from the first time i saw it.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 01, 2012, 06:13:18 PM
Difference is that Alien 3 has fantastic performances, excellent dialogue, palpable atmosphere, a masterpiece of a score, and genuine emotional investment in more than one character.

Judging from the fan reaction, Prometheus has almost none of these things.

It also has a satisfying ending.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed