German Prometheus embargo workarounds (travelling Holland)

Started by LarsVader, May 22, 2012, 06:00:05 AM

Author
German Prometheus embargo workarounds (travelling Holland) (Read 3,481 times)

LarsVader

The german release for Prometheus is the 9th of august 2012.
This is unacceptable to me and probably for some of you too.

This tread is for exchange of information and tips for going to cinemas in bordering countries like Belgium or the Netherlands where Prometheus starts on May the 31st. 
Help from dutch or belgian members is of course much appreciated.
Writing german should be acceptable in here, I guess?

So does anyone have travelling plans or knows a good ciname near the german border that will be showing Prometheus?
Or even better, does anybody know something about possible pre-midnight/premiere screenings?

Lord Freezer

What should I say? In Italy released in September. I am very disappointed damnation!!

upinthesky

hey, i`m onboard!
im ernst: würde sofort mitkommen bzw. eine fahrgemeinschaft anstreben wenn möglich.

Lord Freezer

I live in third world...

Qwertify

I am driving down to Prague to see it the 7th of June. It is about a 4 hour drive from where I am at. Otherwise it will be a 6 week wait.

escroto

escroto

10th August on Spain...

Just why is this film being released two or even three months later in most countries?, does anyone have a reasonable explanation for such dumbass decision?, the ammount of people who will download the english version to not be waiting for two or three damn retarded months is going to be insane. Didn't they think on this factor or what?

Infected

Try Arnhem,Eindhoven,Maastricht etc all big city´s close to Germany and all playing Prometheus from 31th of may.

Eva

Should some Germans live closer to Denmark compared to Holland, Belgium etc. it opens here on the 31th. No dubbed versions - always subtitled.

Infected

Quote from: Eva on May 22, 2012, 08:59:00 AM
Should some Germans live closer to Denmark compared to Holland, Belgium etc. it opens here on the 31th. No dubbed versions - always subtitled.
So you live close to Holland? we can go see it here then  :-*

Eva

Don't make me smack you with a Geography book  :D

Master

Quote from: Qwertify on May 22, 2012, 08:03:41 AM
I am driving down to Prague to see it the 7th of June. It is about a 4 hour drive from where I am at. Otherwise it will be a 6 week wait.

You`re from Poland right? Have same problem, but will have to wait till July as I`m very busy in June. Are you sure version in Prague is not dubbed? 

OpenMaw

Quote from: Eva on May 22, 2012, 09:30:52 AM
Don't make me smack you with a Geography book  :D

Such educational violence.

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Qwertify on May 22, 2012, 08:03:41 AM

But would it be dubbed or subtitled? If subtitled - ok, but if not then...

Qwertify

Quote from: Salt The Fries on May 22, 2012, 10:15:03 AM
But would it be dubbed or subtitled? If subtitled - ok, but if not then...

Quote from: Master on May 22, 2012, 10:07:43 AM
You`re from Poland right? Have same problem, but will have to wait till July as I`m very busy in June. Are you sure version in Prague is not dubbed? 

It is both. For bigger films like Prometheus you can find it in both. If you look up the showtimes (which are in English themselves) they print a T for subtitles (titulki/napisy) and D for dubbing. Sometimes they even print it next to the movie title.

I have to check about the release date however. It should be out no more than a week after the US release as they usually do. I will post back here in two weeks when there webpage will have the info.

I myself will be too busy to see it right away. I am hoping to take the weekend trip out there on the 22nd of June.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed