International Prometheus Launch Trailer

Started by Valaquen, Apr 27, 2012, 01:05:31 AM

Author
International Prometheus Launch Trailer (Read 154,136 times)

williammcnasty#awesome92

williammcnasty#awesome92

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 29, 2012, 08:31:07 PM
I'm not sure that's an overdub of Noomi Rapace ("if we don't stop it...") so much as a different take.  We've seen a number of different takes on certain lines used throughout the promotional cycle.  I personally prefer the take from the first full trailer.

That was something else.  Looks like Vickers may be faced with the same dilemma Ripley faced in Alien - letting an infected crewmember back onboard.  Ripley made the right choice, though it was taken out of her hands; I think Vickers must relent.

LOVED the shot of the holographic Engineers, and the helmet.

hah glad i wasnt the only one you noticed the audio change on that
i thought i had just watched the first few trailers way too many times

Mastes1

Quote from: Gash on Apr 29, 2012, 09:27:28 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 29, 2012, 09:18:55 PM

With this last trailer sort of confirming it for me, I expect this film to be almost completely unlike ALIEN and more like a 50's/60's sci-fi/horror with an inflated budget.

Pretty much like  A   L   I   E   N   then.

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 29, 2012, 09:18:55 PMExpecting this to be a solid blockbuster. Not expecting it to be in the same league as the original trilogy. At any rate, bring on June 8th!

I'm expecting it to be a damn sight finer than 2 of those films.
I guess you mean ALIENS and ALIEN3?, lol no. I doub't the film will be as good as ALIEN3 (hugely underrated), as for being better than ALIENS....hah ha ha......no. ::)

Snowdog

i really can't help myself and i have to say it. This doesn't really look like pg13 stuff at all tbh ;D

SpeedyMaxx

I'm not even sure what that's supposed to be.  It doesn't look like an Engineer, or the mutated Fifield.

Cvalda

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 29, 2012, 09:36:47 PM
Are you basing 'wooden performances' on your opinion of Logan Marshall-Green alone or...?
Charlize comes across sounding really flat in a lot of lines. Hopefully she does alright in the film proper. Still can't get over how ridiculous Elba's accent is, though.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 29, 2012, 09:39:26 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 29, 2012, 09:37:25 PM
Which begs the question of why Milburn is such a stupid idiot that he goes to touch it. :P
Reminds me of a certain guy that sticked his face into a space egg that opened in front of him.
Yeah, but Kane couldn't see the horrifying alien creature hidden inside it at first. :P

OpenMaw

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 29, 2012, 09:41:02 PM
Yeah, but Kane couldn't see the horrifying alien creature hidden inside it at first. :P

Mmm... But, as Ridley points out on the commentary "Very threatening."  :)

SpeedyMaxx

Idris Elba could speak in a Swedish accent and I wouldn't care.  He's that fantastic an actor; it's a character note, I don't mind.  And hey, I was able to roll with Dominique Pinon and the seemingly endless stream of anonymous bald British thespians in 3.

As for the cobra, no, I wouldn't touch it.  But I can understand why a particularly irreverent scientist might.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 29, 2012, 09:41:02 PM
It's still pretty incautious to go stick your face onto something you don't know a single cuttlefish f**k of.
Same for the guy that reaches for the Barlowe worm thing. Both scenes use the very same sci-fi archetype. :)

Rick Grimes

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 29, 2012, 09:36:47 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 29, 2012, 09:39:26 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 29, 2012, 09:37:25 PM
Which begs the question of why Milburn is such a stupid idiot that he goes to touch it. :P
Reminds me of a certain guy that sticked his face into a space egg that opened in front of him.

As the saying goes "curiosity killed the cat"  ;)

Quote from: anndrayya on Apr 29, 2012, 09:40:19 PM
Quote from: Rick Grimes on Apr 29, 2012, 09:31:10 PM
*leaves thread because no one likes my theory*

I like your theory  :)

I just don't think its the right one  :'(

I think I didn't explain it "well-enough".

miyoum

is there an HD version somewhere?   all i can find is the 360 & 480 resolutions on YouTube

williammcnasty#awesome92

williammcnasty#awesome92

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 29, 2012, 08:41:47 PM
DIAL-UP USERS BEWARE!!!!

All the new shots from the trailer:

the technology is beautiful reminiscent of alien so much and even aliens

the technology is beautiful very reminiscent of alien so much and even aliens the the scenery haulogram i strayed from the really high tech stuff but im just loving it now almost like deadspace but then again deadspace is alot like alien funny how that works

Vulgotha

I'm pretty certain that the thing which 'pops' on the med bay area is an Engineer's head. I can see the nose, eyes, chin and lips..

They must remove the jockey helmet. But why does it explode?

Sigglas

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 29, 2012, 09:30:30 PM
Quote from: Gash on Apr 29, 2012, 09:27:28 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 29, 2012, 09:18:55 PM

With this last trailer sort of confirming it for me, I expect this film to be almost completely unlike ALIEN and more like a 50's/60's sci-fi/horror with an inflated budget.

Pretty much like  A   L   I   E   N   then.
Let me clarify: by 50's/60's sci-fi horror, I mean bright, contrasting primary colors, wooden performances, some unintentional camp, and ponderous dialogue.

Are you serious? How can you base your facts about wooden perfomances/bad dialouge from 3 trailers and maybe 10 lines of dialouge in total? The only "stiff" perfomance I've noticed is Holloway, but that has been in scenes out of context, and I'm sure it will be fine in the full movie.

Mastes1

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 29, 2012, 09:39:05 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 29, 2012, 09:12:42 PM

This shot freaks me the f**k out of me.

This shot does remind me of a very Alien moment.

'sigh' that screen makes me think of what this film could of been, in stead we get humanoid space jockeys and dumb looking mutated mohawk man as bad guys. :-\

anndrayya

Oh and it looks like the person Vickers is fighting with at the 2:27 mark is David. So my fingers are really crossed now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed