The origin of the storm?

Started by Vickers Valiant, Apr 26, 2012, 04:59:19 AM

Author
The origin of the storm? (Read 7,575 times)

Vickers Valiant

Vickers Valiant

In my opinion, this is still one of the biggest mysteries from all of the footage that we've seen so far. What exactly causes this storm? Where is it coming from? Is it being controlled by someone/something, or was it actually "natural"?

Spoiler
[close]

xii22loop

xii22loop

i've wondered this too!   and it *seems* like it happens early on in the film's storyline?

Sigglas

Sigglas

My guess is that it's natural, similar to the Mars dust storms. It would be extremely silly if the Jockey can somehow control the weather and "summons" the storm.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Sigglas on Apr 26, 2012, 05:23:37 PM
My guess is that it's natural, similar to the Mars dust storms. It would be extremely silly if the Jockey can somehow control the weather and "summons" the storm.

Why? We are talking about a species that can apparently reshape planets.

Honestly I think this has something to do with the temple possibly collapsing. David gets left behind and continues to further explore. (Possibly with Ford and red shirt.)

Vulhala

Vulhala

I would imagine that the storm is set off due to their presence. Which would be lame.

Sigglas

Sigglas

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 26, 2012, 05:25:43 PM

Honestly I think this has something to do with the temple possibly collapsing. David gets left behind and continues to further explore. (Possibly with Ford and red shirt.)

I don't know, it just feels kinda cheap and lame IMO. Reminds me too much of this:

nendo

nendo

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 26, 2012, 05:25:43 PM

Don't think so. From footage the storm swollows the temple meaning it came from somewhere else. It could just be a storm to move the story back inside the ship

Infected

Infected

I think natural,when you see Prometheus entering the atmosphere or when its above the clouds you can see some lightning in the back in the clouds.

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: Vulhala on Apr 26, 2012, 05:25:54 PM
I would imagine that the storm is set off due to their presence. Which would be lame.

In all seriousness,Perhaps the planet suffers from extreme weather?People think too hard.

ThisBethesdaSea

so now the storm is lame.....JESUS! ;)

Feral_PRED

Feral_PRED

Maybe the gods are angry at them because they stole something?

Ulfer

Ulfer

QuoteI don't know, it just feels kinda cheap and lame IMO. Reminds me too much of this:

How can you compare those two shots ?  :o

QuoteWhy? We are talking about a species that can apparently reshape planets.

Indeed, it is not far-fetched when we consider what the Jockey seem able to do. Which doesn't mean there is magic involved and the storm appears from nowhere. :laugh:
I see two great possibilities : purely natural storm ; storm in some way linked to what happens in the temple or in the ship. "Hey, David, this alien button is red, don't... Ah, too late." Climate change mode. Thanks David  ;D

Kev Loaf

Kev Loaf

maybe a storm caused by a bigger ship landing - bigger than Prometheus and bigger than the Juggernaut/Derelict

Ulfer

Ulfer

But that doesn't seem to fit with what the trailers etc. seem to indicate (the Prometheus boarding the Juggernaut that is leaving apparently).

ThisBethesdaSea

Or maybe storms just happen? Storms occur on Mars and other planets all the time. I don't even get the impetus behind the question (not that it's not valid) :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed