Xenomorph Origins

Started by yautja99, Jan 24, 2007, 07:20:30 AM

Author
Xenomorph Origins (Read 31,815 times)

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 15, 2014, 04:11:29 PM
They take on the characteristics of their host species.

btw:
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/028/432/ThreadNecro.gif

What were there first hosts ?? Spaihts draft says the facehuggers are weaponised huggers that lived in the caves of LV 426 - octopoid creatures that were soft with no hard parts. That produces a wraith like creature that has a goblin shark like head.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Not sure what Spaihts was smoking if that was indeed in his draft but the Xenomorphs were not indigenous to LV 426.

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 15, 2014, 07:00:12 PM
Not sure what Spaihts was smoking if that was indeed in his draft but the Xenomorphs were not indigenous to LV 426.

Yes the huggers were weaponised versions of the soft octopoid huggers.

That's the origins of the xeno from spaihts draft . This would suggest that the engineers genetically changed the original huggers to become what we saw in alien and hence the xeno

And that they are not naturally occuring.

But ofcourse it isn't canon as we don't see it in the movies.

Ridley seemed to like it

Dunno

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I thought they were supposed to be some cave dwelling ceiling hanging yo-yo creature? That drops down to rape you and then winds back up? Now it is an octopus...

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 15, 2014, 09:37:28 PM
I thought they were supposed to be some cave dwelling ceiling hanging yo-yo creature? That drops down to rape you and then winds back up?

That's correct . The engineers genetically altered them to be hard and bony and that's how the facehugger came to be. How they ended up in eggs I don't know . But as I said its not canon as it's in none of the movies.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

I  always hated and shivered at the idea that aliens are just someones genetic lab creation. It makes them so generic - evil experiment, monster out of control kind of thing. What I always absolutely loved was that Lovecraftian feel to them in the first film, that they are some ancient species , thousands if not millions of years old, which ended any civilization that it came to contact with and was lying dormant until awakened after millenniums by the Nostromo crew. Some naturally born ancient species from a homeworld so horrific it would be hard to visualize

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 16, 2014, 04:48:10 AM
I  always hated and shivered at the idea that aliens are just someones genetic lab creation. It makes them so generic - evil experiment, monster out of control kind of thing. What I always absolutely loved was that Lovecraftian feel to them in the first film, that they are some ancient species , thousands if not millions of years old, which ended any civilization that it came to contact with and was lying dormant until awakened after millenniums by the Nostromo crew. Some naturally born ancient species from a homeworld so horrific it would be hard to visualize
Oh man don't we all!

However it appears to have been genetically made. Especially if one considers the xeno on the wall to be Pandora and the urns gods blessing. Which would follow the original Greek telling of Prometheus.

SM

SM

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 15, 2014, 07:00:12 PM

They were originally.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, I remember Dan O'Bannon's original script had the Jockey's discover the eggs on the planet. Then Scott began musing about the idea of the creatures being the Jockey's biological weapons and the derelict being some kind of "bomber".

Cameron of course went with Scott's line of thought but "Alien" on it's own is still ambiguous enough to allow either theories.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 16, 2014, 01:07:47 PM
Then Scott began musing about the idea of the creatures being the Jockey's biological weapons and the derelict being some kind of "bomber".

Isn't this something like the Headcrab Pods in Half-Life 2 ?  :)

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Yeah, I remember Dan O'Bannon's original script had the Jockey's discover the eggs on the planet. Then Scott began musing about the idea of the creatures being the Jockey's biological weapons and the derelict being some kind of "bomber".

Scotts a great visionary and has some great ideas, but this wasnt one of them. As I said, I preferred aliens to be a mystery, an ancient extinct species which is a mystery and novelty even for the Jockeys. Its all a matter of personal preference of course

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I feel the same way to a certain extent especially with regards to the Space Jockey. Scott can conjure up some really interesting out-of-the-left-field ideas but as you say, they are not always that great.

At least he managed to prevent Hill and Giler from straying too far from Dan's original script. Those two had some really bizarre ideas in their earlier script rewrite attempts. But I think we got a good balance in the end.

Quote from: Randomizer on Jun 16, 2014, 03:21:50 PM
Then Scott began musing about the idea of the creatures being the Jockey's biological weapons and the derelict being some kind of "bomber".

You mean Spaihts cave dwelling ceiling hanging yo-yo creatures?

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: Randomizer on Jun 16, 2014, 03:21:50 PM

You mean Spaihts cave dwelling ceiling hanging yo-yo creatures?
[/quote]

Yes , I meant those .

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I don't know. Anyone here know if there was ever any concept art created for Spaihts creatures?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I'm with Ridley, I like the bio-weapon idea.

Interesting that several scripts have proposed confirming the concept, but it never quite made it to the screen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed