Xenomorph Origins

Started by yautja99, Jan 24, 2007, 07:20:30 AM

Author
Xenomorph Origins (Read 31,720 times)

yautja99

yautja99

Ridley Scott in his director's commentary for the first Alien DVD, said that Space Jockeys created Xenomorphs as biogenic weapons to fight an ancient war and According to the book "Giger's Alien," the eggs were originally meant to be housed in a completely separate architectural structure, shaped in the form of a massive pyramid. This would imply the previous existence of a native civilization, wiped out by their reverence for the creatures.

One of these has to be the true Origin to the Xenomorphs.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

well, based on what I've seen in the films, ive always been a suporter of the Space Jockey creation theory. I hold that the xenos were created by the SJs as a biological weapon, the "Perfect Organsim".

maledoro

maledoro

Since I'm not lazy and am willing to dig deeper than the movies, I go with the idea that Jockeys had found the eggs on that world. Aside from that, there was nothing but Ridley Scott's speculation that the Jockeys had brought them to that planet, aside from bad fan-fic.

SM

SM

What Mal said is perfectly viable since it's based on O'Bannon's original concept, and I love the idea the all the eggs are the former Derelict crew.

Personally though I prefer the explanation that the Jockies were transporting them, one escaped and hugged the pilot and he set down (NOT crashed) on LV-426 before he bursted.  However I don't think the Jockies ever created them - they just found them and were trying to exploit them like WY or USM.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I like the idea that SOMEONE created them. Maybe not the Jockey's, I just like the idea that the Jockey's are as foolish as Humans.

maledoro

maledoro

I like the idea that nature would create a creature like that on its own. If I "knew" that it was made in a lab, every act of aggression that the creature makes would be expected of it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

If it was natural, the idea of visiting it's homeworld would be interesting. There's always something more fierce than everything else. To have adapted and evolved into something like the Aliens would mean it's homeworld would be VERY hostile. Could you imagine some of the other creatures on the homeworld?

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

I couldnt imagine them being a naturaly occuring creature on some far-off world. Biologically they dont make sense, they quickly consume all their reasources and dont seem to have a long life-span, and through that [in a sense] destroy themselfs.

although I could be way off the mark, it could be on their homeworld (assuming there is one) that there is more balance. That would be one hell of a planet.

So I guess it could be that they are natural from somewhere, but I personally like the 'perfect organism' bio-weapon theory.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jan 25, 2007, 08:06:16 PM
I couldnt imagine them being a naturaly occuring creature on some far-off world. Biologically they dont make sense, they quickly consume all their reasources and dont seem to have a long life-span, and through that [in a sense] destroy themselfs.
You've pretty much described some attributes of terrestrial insects.

Duke Flukem

Duke Flukem

I think the Aliens could be from a multi-cultural planet but have evolved into the dominant species. If they were developed as a weapon How do you explain the Queen? There are so many explanations to there existenz. I hope they have a good one For Alien 5.

AtR

AtR

Hope Alien5 ( if there will be one ) will be a disaster movie. Aliens get on earth and kill everything. Even penguins.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

No...not the Penguins!

SM

SM

QuoteI like the idea that nature would create a creature like that on its own.

'ken oath!

Much scarier concept than tired old 'genetically engineered bioweapon'.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I wounder what Aliens first looked like, the ones we see in the films came from Humans and Predator so I wounder what they first looked like  ???

SM

SM

Same as they do now with minor variations here and there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed