New Trailer and http://www.projectprometheus.com/ website

Started by Blacklabel, Mar 17, 2012, 03:58:16 AM

Author
New Trailer and http://www.projectprometheus.com/ website (Read 97,345 times)

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: fiveways on Mar 17, 2012, 04:11:54 PM
Wow, there is just no pleasing people on these forums.  17 pages and mostly complaints?

Maybe they should try watching and participating in movies (and their respective forums) that they DO like. There's a handful of us here that are right at home. You instantly know a fellow member who 'gets it' from one who doesn't. Regardless of the knee jerk reactions to out of context glimpses of shit they think they know everything about.

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Mar 17, 2012, 04:46:16 PM
it's not a damn facehugger. it looks nothing alike.

it looks more like the space jockey mask.

More the mask than a hugger. Though the dimensions seem off for the mask. But if the mask conforms to the wearers face then all bets are off.

The mask kinda looks like a species of facehugger anyway so there could be a connection.

chupacabras acheronsis

doesn't look like a tail or finger or anything solid. it's likely a reflection in the glass. you can see how it contours with it. you can also see a reflection of her shoulder.

marsekay

Quote from: nendo on Mar 17, 2012, 04:43:37 PM
Quote from: JaaayDee on Mar 17, 2012, 04:42:00 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 17, 2012, 04:41:12 PM
Already been said that we wouldn't be seeing the alien in any of it's forms.

dude you posted that 3 times in the last 5 minutes. Its not needed

Looks like crew member is gonna be forced into wearing the jockey helmet! Who could it be? Holloway is my bet.

Bat Chain Puller

Judging from the other puzzle pieces this looks like it fits in with the rest of the Shaw stuff.

JaaayDee

Quote from: marsekay on Mar 17, 2012, 04:59:03 PM
Quote from: nendo on Mar 17, 2012, 04:43:37 PM
Quote from: JaaayDee on Mar 17, 2012, 04:42:00 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 17, 2012, 04:41:12 PM
Already been said that we wouldn't be seeing the alien in any of it's forms.

dude you posted that 3 times in the last 5 minutes. Its not needed

Looks like crew member is gonna be forced into wearing the jockey helmet! Who could it be? Holloway is my bet.
It's Shaw.

szkoki

szkoki

1.According to imdb.com the plot is this : "A team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a journey to the darkest CORNERS of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race. "

hmm corners means that the story takes place in a different places but we have seen only 1 planet yet i guess...or we are watching the trailer of the first 30 minutes of the movie again and again only

2. about that predatorish camouflage im not sure its a good idea but we will see

3. miss rapace is much more creepier than miss weaver was

4. who is the other readhead who punch that guy in  the face in that suit?

Eva

Eva

If people think this thread/forum can be harsh, you ain't seen nothing - try visit the imdb board. I'm not even contributing anything over there nor planning to because it's so troll infested.

In my admittingly limited experience here, the mods and users here are doing a great job, even though we can get carried away from time to time.  :)

On the subject - I'm faily certain than Mr Blue who activates the chair will also be the one who sits in it. I don't buy the human angle, filling out the suit and flies the ship etc. Shaw and Vickers are seen running on the ground when it crashes - they cannot be onboard the engineer ship. Neither do I believe that Mr Blue is a mutated crewmember or anything like it - imo he's the real deal - an engineer.

Ms Blonde on the other hand, could turn out to be a total psychopath with a flamethrower.  ;)

marsekay

So that's it then,

They Find the discarded suit, and probably the seat/interface then force shaw into putting the helmet on so she can interface with the ship. Meanwhile other people are infected/ attacked in other ways?

I think the motive is definately weyland himself wanting to live forever an assumes these gods have the ability to help h achieve that goal.

Thoughts?

nendo

Quote from: szkoki on Mar 17, 2012, 05:05:32 PM

2. about that predatorish camouflage im not sure its a good idea but we will see

i don't think its camouflage. if its the scene i think you on about then i think its a hologram onboard the promethues. The captains viewing whats going on inside the ship in 3d.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: marsekay on Mar 17, 2012, 05:07:21 PMThey Find the discarded suit, and probably the seat/interface then force shaw into putting the helmet on so she can interface with the ship. Meanwhile other people are infected/ attacked in other ways?

I think the motive is definately weyland himself wanting to live forever an assumes these gods have the ability to help h achieve that goal.

Thoughts?

Well, we haven't seen anything suggesting/confirming that the Prometheus crew has anything to do with the chair. I'm guessing that if anyone 'is able to 'interface' with the engineer ship, it's David.

Regarding Weyland, I believe he thinks in much broader visions than 'just' prolonging your physical life, if he turns out to be onboard the Prometheus. I would say (in continuation of his TED talk "we are the Gods now") that if he's along for the ride, he's there to meet his Maker/God face to face in a very literal sense. Nothing less could do it for a man with his extraordinarly mind I would think. He may think that God/the engineers are his only equals in this Universe. 

LarsVader

LarsVader

HD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1dmZ_weeK0#ws

*edit*
wait, is this just upscaled?

ikarop

ikarop

LarsVader

Quote from: ikarop on Mar 17, 2012, 05:33:47 PM
I don't think that's true HD. There's a sightly better quality version avaible at the source that hasn't been posted yet tho:

http://mobile3.influxis.com/pm/media/rqfxnf41acga4554/Prometheus_Movie_1080p_768K_640.mp4
I posted before watcing it myself, my bad.

Wondering where the HD version will be released.

MrSpaceJockey

Would you be able to take that higher quality version and somehow be able to upload it to Youtube, Ikarop?

ikarop

It looks the same as the rest of the 360p videos when you upload it onto Youtube. The sightly better bitrate can only be appreciated if you download it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed