Exclusive teaser trailer!!!

Started by Darkoo, Mar 12, 2012, 09:41:30 AM

Author
Exclusive teaser trailer!!! (Read 95,755 times)

Check out the extremely thin disproportionate foot poking out the bottom of the leg!

CGI fvk-up or wierd mantis-like creature growing before our very eyes?

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Looks as if it was a female with her feet exposed?

marsekay

marsekay

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Mar 13, 2012, 09:14:49 AM
It's not the Jockey. The burning guy is the "jumping mutant" and the guy dead or injured on the ground is probably the guy the mutant jumping on in the first trailer. This is the same scene and  I continue to think that these mutants things are on their way to a complete mutation and this is not the final stage.
Maybe 1-2 minutes,maybe a few seconds between the first and third image and he looks a little bit different. His head seems huge in the last images.

Guys guys, look at the number on the 6 wheeler. RT 02, its the one the guy jumps off, then in the next shot is the one with the dead "thing2 on the floor, i've a feeling the jumping mutant is the dead thing on the floor, the grappling thing, is something else!

hanger room brawl!

icedog97

icedog97

I do understand where people are coming from on a least 1 level...

Over the past decade we have been inundated with super hero movies. These are, for the most part, sci-fi popcorn flicks.

I have enjoyed most of them (esp the 1st chapter in most cases with the exceptions being Spidy and Batman where the 2nd was better) but they do pretty much cover just about every angle of human mutation we can think of (x-men...hulk) and have made 'jumping from high places' and other super human activities rather commonplace in films.

Obviously...Ridley knows this.

When he makes a trailer for Prometheus...he's going to have to show something of this nature if he wants to grab a wider audience...but I don't think it's necessarily indicative of what we will see throughout the film.

Let's use Pandorum as an example...perhaps it illustrates how this type of trailer can backfire...but nonetheless it works for this scenario.

The Pandorum trailer would lead you to believe there are people who wake up on a ship that's suddenly full of aliens and that's what the movie will be about. In this case, is it purposefully misleading?  Yes, probably.

If the movie had been better...then most people would not have minded being misled.

The movie was OK...so most people probably thought...hmmm...that wasn't what I thought it was about and it wasn't very good.

I think...and of course, I don't know Ridley from Adam...Ridley and Fox feel confident enough that if they can get you into the theater, you'll like the movie and it most likely won't be for what you saw in the trailer.

Just my opinion.

acidpits

acidpits

Quote from: Dirty Harry on Mar 13, 2012, 03:45:08 PM
The Mohawk guy can be a android?

Yes - check out his tattoos for further clues. Maybe.

Quote from: St_Eddie on Mar 12, 2012, 05:04:31 PM
The most likely answer is a mutating human.  Remember that a reliable sounding source a while back had heard that 'Prometheus' is partially akin to 'The Thing... In Space'?  Seems credible based on what we're seeing.  I know that there's many people who don't like this concept but trying to see a full on Space Jockey in that particular shot is just fooling yourself in my opinion.

As for myself... I'll be perfectly happy with 'The Thing... In Space' providing it's executed with great skill.  I hear a lot of talk on these forums about how "space zombies are lame"; not only wasn't 'The Thing' a zombies flick but it's also one of the greatest concepts for a horror film ever (and in my top 5 of all time - along with 'The Fly', which is also relevant in this case I think).  I respect those who disagree but frankly, I fine with 'Prometheus' taking that route.

Yeah, that 'reliable source' was me - I'm an unreliable source now.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

Quote from: Kol on Mar 13, 2012, 06:13:08 PM
Quote from: Infected on Mar 12, 2012, 09:50:22 PM

it looks like his arms are growing out of his suit.

1 or 2 frames after this one, you can also clearly see a real huge hand. Impressive.

DendaReloaded

DendaReloaded

Guuuurls, i've compared  the same scenes from the old and new trailer (old one bottom)

looks like ridley likes editing official released meterial, the new version looks darker, less colors and notice how much the smoke and debris/fire changed in the second picture!!!

Eva

Eva

Shooting from the hip, but I'm not speculating about the 'mutation' aspect you guys are discussing in the sense that the infected victim will transform into a different living alien being.

I'm imaging a horrifying biological process that essentially destroys you when it's done with you, like the most aggressive virusses we know only much, much worse and gory.

We might be reading the short clips we've seen wrong - it might not be an infected crewmember attacking the crew, but an infected crewmember defending himself agaist the crew trying to kill him to contain what they believe is a threat. I think it's a given at this time that the crew will be attacked by alien biological engineer technology, perhaps caused by their own carelessness - the shot of the guy in the smoking/melting helmet, Noomi Rapace in sick bay looking very distressed and a female crewmember seen collapsing to her feet from behind with her white clothing drenched in some sort of material - 'alien goo' similar to what David is seen handling perhaps?

Not sure how much we can deduce about the creature doing the throwing regarding its identity from studying the stills, as it is probably a stunt double in that short clip, but it was a clever idea nevertheless...  ;)

SM

SM

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Mar 13, 2012, 06:41:14 PM

That's what I thought.  Is that a problem?  Just looks like a foot being pointed.

Quote from: SM on Mar 13, 2012, 07:50:49 PM
Quote from: Salt The Fries on Mar 13, 2012, 06:41:14 PM

That's what I thought.  Is that a problem?  Just looks like a foot being pointed.

Blimey - is your nimble foot that far away from your crotch?

escroto

escroto

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Mar 13, 2012, 07:02:14 PM
Quote from: Kol on Mar 13, 2012, 06:13:08 PM
Quote from: Infected on Mar 12, 2012, 09:50:22 PM

it looks like his arms are growing out of his suit.

1 or 2 frames after this one, you can also clearly see a real huge hand. Impressive.
hand that looks like the thing btw

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

So maybe that "something" lying on the ground is the mohawk guy and this is actually a chick ??? Not that it matters that much to me, though.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

No. The jumping guy don't have his helmet. The injured or dead man on the ground have the glass of his helmet broken.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

It's still a chick to me, though, btw.

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

It's amazing how so much little new footage can throw speculation in the air and make everything we know so much more intriguing, so this full length trailer this weekend is gonna make us all don our thinking caps and dig deeper into our speculative imaginations, i'm looking forward to this. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed